I can’t wait for you to hear the amazing story this week’s guest has to share. He’s Hal Elrod, a best-selling author, keynote speaker, success coach, and all-around inspiring guy. Hal’s here this week to share how he became a productivity master, and bounced back from huge life setbacks, with the help of a morning routine.
When I first started hearing all the buzz over morning routines, I thought, what’s the big deal? I’m not a morning person by choice. I do most of my work after 9:00pm, so I can spend my daytime hours with my kids. Being a night owl seemed to be working out perfectly for me.
Why fix something that’s not broken?
Then I read (and re-read) Hal’s book The Miracle Morning, and I finally got the buzz. You might remember when I featured the book in my post on five books I read more than once this year and how quickly that post went viral.
Hal also has one special piece of advice for making 2015 your best year ever. I can’t wait for you to hear Hal’s amazing story and the brilliant advice he has to share.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Hal’s journey from record-breaking Cutco salesman, to hospital patient, and back. (Hint: he was pronounced dead for 6 minutes)
- The six key steps of a morning routine.
- Why you’ve got to try out a morning routine, no matter where you are in your life or career.
- Why you may want to switch from being a night owl to an early riser. Trust me, I was skeptical.
- Hal’s “five-minute rule” for dealing with setbacks and tough situations.
- Advice for letting go of the things you can’t change about 2014.
- Why your fresh start in 2015 starts today, not January 1st.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Miracle Morning
- The 5 Minute Journal
- Today’s sponsor: Lynda.com — ALL ACCESS 7-day free trial!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week. Let me know what you think in the comment section below! If you’d like to send Hal a personal message and say thanks, you can reach out to him at his website, HalElrod.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
Thanks again for joining me, and a very special thanks to Hal for sharing his story. Until next time!