We Can Help Manage Your Investment
After managing rentals in Utah for 10 years, we have observed a disturbing shift in property manager styles over the past few years. This shift is troubling and property owners need to be sure they understand these issues before they choose a manager for their rental.The consequences of selecting the wrong manager style may be more costly than you expect.
Ask about our 100% Money Back Guarantee!
Boardwalk has leased over 600 Properties in Utah since its inception. We currently lease 20 to 30 houses a month; some with management and some without. Our footprint includes all areas of greater Salt Lake area and Layton to Ogden. Here is a brief description of what we do to get your home leased.
Our new Business Development Manager is available to discuss leasing issues and answer all of your questions about getting your home leased quickly.
OR Call 801-748-1044 We provide an up to date rental market analysis.
Marketing the Property
- Top notch Marketing Campaign including posting on over 50 Internet websites. See the Sites
- Post in area Multiple Listing Service
- Install a professional yard sign
- Licensed real estate agents show houses 24/7
- Maintain a call center to take calls live
- Weekly rental lists to perspective renter pool
- Targeted marketing take-one flyers to Universities, shopping areas, etc.
- Bandit Signs
- Provide you with up-to-date activity reports every week.
- We currently lease 20 to 30 houses a month
Screening the Applicant
- Pull Credit Report
- Verify Employment & Proof of Income
- Confirm previous Rental history
- Pull eviction reports
- Pull registered sex offender reports
- We’ve screened thousands of applications and understand the issues
- A licensed locksmith will re-key your property prior to move in
- Review and sign the lease and house keeping documents
- Perform Move-In Inspection with checklist and high definition video
- Collecting Security Deposit
- Turn over new keys to the new tenant
- We’ve preformed 1000s of move-in inspections and understand the issues
Fees & Guarantee
- $250 One time Start up fee
- $100 each additional unit
- Management fee of 10%of monthly collected rent
- Guaranteed an approved applicant in 30 days of being rent ready or we begin waiving fees when tenant moves in (certain restrictions apply)
- You pay no management fee if the tenant does not pay rent
- You pay no management fee while property is vacant
How We Manage Your Money
- All deposit monies go into a Trust Account.
- Establish and Maintain Owner’s Property Operating Accounts
- Electronic Owner Disbursements (and Cash Flow Statements) to all owners each month. (no extra charge for this)
- Year End Cash Flow Statements for tax preparation (no extra charge for this)
- Well established rent collection policy
Managing the Tenant
- Our primary job is Enforcing the Terms of the Lease
- Collect Rent (E-check, ACH, Credit Card, Personal Check)
- Handle bounced/NSF checks
- Assess and collect late fees
- Managing eviction process
- Managing safety issues
- Handle rules and local or HOA violations
- Handle move-out inspections and disputes over security deposits
How We Manage the Property
- Manage Normal Maintenance Issues
- Oversee Contractor Rehabs, Renovations, and Major Replacements.
- Handle Emergencies 24-hour Hotline
- Pre-Screening Vendors & Contractors
- Manage Vendor & Contractor Response Time
- Performing Property Inspections
- Schedule & oversee Preventative Maintenance Choices
When owners choose Boardwalk Realty & Management to manage their rental property they need to know we have an infrastructure of top notch people and well developed systems to do the job right. We have categorized our management system into three areas; Managing the Money, Managing the Tenant and Managing the Property. Below is a very brief overview of some of these services.
Your biggest expenses will take place during vacancies with rehab costs, lawn care, utilities, and no rent coming in. Managers are motivated to keep a tenant there.
How We Renew Your Tenant
- When the tenant renews, there is a 5% rent increase
- Recommend ways to keep the tenant in the property
- Handle Negotiations between tenant and owner (if needed)
- Provide an up-to-date rental market analysis (if needed)
This is just a sampling of the services Boardwalk offers its clients. We know you need more information before you make the important decision of who to entrust your property to. We are here to answer your questions. For more detailed information, please contact us directly or via email.
Email using our Request a Proposal Form Above or call: 801-748-1044
Ten most frequently asked questions
We have found that when prospective clients call to ask about our services they often ask the same types of questions. We decided to create a list of frequently asked questions. Now when you speak to one of our agents, you will already be an informed investment property owner.
We utilize many resources when marketing your property. We place ads with all many local rental agencies such as Express Rentals. We also post ads on our website that link up to many search engines. We post on Craigs list and other websites and we will place a sign at the property when appropriate.
We follow the guidelines provided by Utah Landlord/tenant law. We qualify on the following: Credit, Landlord, Employment, and Criminal.
we do a comprehensive search of similar properties in your community. We Compare like properties and included amenities side by side with your home. Based on our extensive knowledge and experience with most communities in the area, we are able to determine the right price that will help your home to rent quickly.
There are many factors that contribute to a propertys value. Location, price and condition of the home play the largest role. It is difficult to say that your home will rent in a specific timeframe but if your property is in good condition, in a good neighborhood and priced right, it should rent quickly. A typical home will rent in 45 days on average. It could rent in a week or it may take longer than the average based on market conditions and other factors as we mentioned above.
We believe there are four main benefits in owning investment property.
Income: Cash flow
Equity Buildup: While the tenant is paying your mortgage, your mortgage is decreasing
Tax Savings: Tax laws may provide a shelter for depreciation.
Appreciation: Over the past twenty years, homes in the Salt Lake area have increased in value by an average of 8% per year.
Our tenants have the option of emailing, faxing or calling in a non-emergency maintenance request. Our vendors are required to contact the tenant within a 48-hour window. The vendor will inspect the problem and provide a quote while onsite. If the cost is more than $200.00. We will seek the approval of our client before doing work. If the tenant has an emergency maintenance issue, they are instructed to call our 24-hour pager. We return those calls as soon as possible. These issues typically require immediate approval. You may not be notified until the following business day.
We do two surveys per year. We drive by every property once every three months. If the exterior of the home has changed from the last time we visited, we will immediately schedule a survey.
Our agreements are for 1 year. That is the standard in our industry.
We can pay the following: Mortgages, insurances, HOA fees, utilities, property taxes and more.
Our fees are set at 10% for a single family dwelling.
Proudly Serving the Following Areas:
Salt Lake County
- Salt Lake City
- South Jordan
- South Salt Lake
- West Jordan
- West Valley
- Cottonwood Heights
- North Salt Lake
- West Point
- Woods Cross
- Saratoga Springs
- Eagle Mountain
- Farr West
- North Ogden
- Pleasant View
- South Ogden
- West Haven