Sometimes you want to find a different way to get to work, one that combines work with play. The South Waterfront is conveniently connected to the 40-mile bike loop, so biking to work doesn't have to mean dodging cars.
- SW Moody Ave./SW Bond Ave. – Bike lanes along these two streets provide safe on-street space for cyclists to access the South Waterfront. Learn more about the construction of the Moody Cycle track.
- South Waterfront Greenway – The Greenway is still under construction. Phase 1 is almost complete. However, Phase 2 has yet to begun with Parks raising dollars to complete the original vision of the project. For up to date information, check out Portland Parks and Recreation's South Waterfront Greenway Updates.
Helpful Hints When Parking Your Bike
- Lock the wheel and frame to the rack with a high-security, U-shaped lock.
- Be sure the rack itself is securely anchored.
- Portland Bureau of Transportation has created a regional bike map showing the location of bike and multi-purpose lanes, along with roadways color-coded to indicate the degree of traffic congestion. Download the Map.
- South Waterfront TMA stocks a variety of bikeway maps produced by the cities of Portland and Vancouver. You can also check your local bike shop for maps and information.
- Look for "Bike Route" signs and follow bike lanes.
- ByCycle.org is an online route-planner similar to Mapquest or Google Maps, but designed specifically for bike trips.