04' f-150 5.4 with powerdyne bd11a only making stock power - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection

04' f-150 5.4 with powerdyne bd11a only making stock power

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2016, 01:59 PM
New User

Midwestex is starting off with a positive reputation.
04' f-150 5.4 with powerdyne bd11a only making stock power

04 f-150 new longblock 10,000 miles ago 47 lb injectors new plugs and o2 sincers powerdyne bd11a sct x4 tuner supercharger. I bought the truck with the longblock,injectors,supercharger, sct x4 already on the truck. I felt like it wasn't making the power that it should be. I was expecting 400ish rear wheel hp. So I took it to a local tuner shop who deals in the sct tuners and also has a dyno. As I was expecting it only hit 200 hp. Also I put a boost gauge on it for my self at idle the truck has 18 lbs vacuum tap the throttle it goes to 0 it doesn't start start to boost at all till about 4500 rpm's hits 6 lbs by redline. Any ideas?
Old 03-09-2016, 06:31 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
That sounds like th issue....at 4500 you are at the top of the power band and the race is over......
Old 03-09-2016, 06:54 PM
New User

Midwestex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well it pulls to about 6300 but still no power gain over stock.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:04 PM

Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Check the blower belt, make sure it's tight. If that's good, then it may simply be the pulley combo you're using. Going with a smaller blower pulley and/or larger crank pulley will spin the blower faster which makes the boost numbers higher and come in a little earlier, at WOT. The BD-11a should make a very noticeable difference, but not quite the same increase you would see compared to an S-Trim or Novi.