- The Sun News 4/18/13 Vaccination Questions Sought by Readers…
- Veterinary Chiro/Spinal Manipulation…
- Canine Hydrotherapy…Not Just for “Water Dogs!”
- L-Lysine… Must Have for Feline Herpes
- Thanks BLUE SEAL Pet Food!
- Feeding Convalescing Pets…
- The Buffalo News 3/7/12 Curb Cat Population
- Rabies Titer Test Results…
- Round Worms…
- The Sun News 2/21/13…Volunteering…a Rewarding Experience!
- Gus Re-Unites with Foster Family!
- Chicken Meal vs. Whole Chicken…
- Salve on Kitty’s Bottom >^..^<
- My Maltese is Limping…
- The Sun News 1/17/13…Animal Lovers!
- Responses to Huffington Post Article (Feral Cats)
- Bindi’s Itching… :-O
- Feline Injection Site Sarcoma :-(
- Transitioning to Raw Diet…
- Preventing Tragedies…Dogs Hit by Cars
- Pet Hair Remover (Furniture)…Love this!
- Pet Cemetery…Finding Closure
- Canine Ear Infections…Help!
- Female Dog’s Incontinence…
- Cat’s Joint Stiffness & Cosequin?
- Food Suggestions for Dog with Stomach Mass…
- Friskies Canned Food vs. Dry Kibble… HELP!
- Keep Fluffy & Fido’s Teeth Clean…
- Pet Friendly Vacation in Lake Placid, NY
- Misdiagnosis…Listen to Your Gut Instincts!
- "Pet Peeves" (4)
- A Day in the Life of… (7)
- Cat Behavior Topics (7)
- Cat Health Topics (16)
- Dog Behavior Topics (7)
- Dog Health Topics (34)
- Favorite Products (28)
- Feral/Community Cats (12)
- General (11)
- Great Events (1)
- Kelly's Workshops & Seminars (6)
- News (4)
- Pet Food & Nutrition (14)
- Pet Vacations (3)
- Photo Gallery (3)
- Published Articles (4)
- This Will Make You Laugh! (4)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Vaccinations (7)
- Wildlife/Wild Birds (2)
Category Archives: Dog Health Topics
Hi Kelly, I have a 7 year old Greyhound, and a 5 year old Greyhound/Borzoi/Irish Wolfhound mix. A year ago, my greyhound slipped in the mud while running in the yard and twisted her back. Our vet prescribed limited … Continue reading
Did you ever notice that most of us pet parents take better care of our pets than we do ourselves!? Whether it’s veterinary care or alternative medicine and therapies, my pets have always received everything available to ensure their good … Continue reading
I’ve received several questions recently regarding ideas on what to give a dog or cat when they are sick and refusing to eat or drink to keep them hydrated and to provide enough nutrition… NOTE: It is very important … Continue reading
I get questions regarding TITER TESTING fairly often, so I wanted to share my nearly 16 year old indoor only cat’s recent Titer test results for Rabies. Toby is VERY much protected from rabies! I have been titer testing Toby for Rabies … Continue reading
Just wondering if you can help me with another doggy problem. I was all set to start Finnegan at a doggy daycare today but had taken a stool sample to my vets (the daycare requires this and I understand why). … Continue reading
My 4 year old Maltese has a really bad limp. He won’t use his back right leg. He’s always been occasionally gimpy ever since he contracted Lyme’s when he was a year or two old, but this limp seems to … Continue reading
Hi Kelly… I am finally here….WOW, you are famous now! I have so many questions to ask you…I have a YEAST problem…you know my mom is fanatical about taking care of me…a little overboard at times…LOl..Anyway, my yeast problem … Continue reading
It’s taken me many weeks to even think about or write about this, but I know it is truly important and even if one person rethinks their position on this issue I feel it is worth it to potentially save … Continue reading
My dog is having major incontinence issues. We took her to the vet who talked about estrogen therapy for old, female dogs who have been spayed. Have u heard anything? -”S” in Arizona- Hey “S”… Not sure about the estrogen therapy approach … Continue reading
(Facebook Question) Hi Kelly! My friends have a 13 yr old Lab. They found he has a mass on his stomach. The poor guy can’t keep any whole food in his belly with out it coming back up. He has … Continue reading
Hi Kelly, What do you suggest for cleaning my dog and cat’s teeth? Neither of them will let me brush their teeth! -Karen McDonnell- Hey Karen… Great question. Brushing your pets’ teeth with a tooth brush, finger brush or even a … Continue reading
Hi Kelly… Are you familiar with Dr. Andrew Jones, DVM, the “Internet Vet” from Canada? He sells a nutritional supplement, and I would be very interested in getting your opinion on it. Here are the links to the products: www.thedogsupplement.com and … Continue reading
Hi Kelly…. Not a big blogger but it’s nice to try this out…… Got the news last week that my 13 yr old Am Staff “Beamer” X-Rays showed a tumor in his upper jaw has advanced to his lungs and has … Continue reading
Hey Kelly! I had a question for you… Levy has a couple little problems.. for one we’re 99% sure that he has a grain allergy so we feed him a grain free diet Acana Pacific Grain Free… But he also … Continue reading
Kelly – Mopar has had “fatty lumps” for may years now. But it seems like they decided to take make a growth spurt and we’ve been finding a few more. Have you/do you know anything about selenium(sp) for dogs? –Nicole … Continue reading
Hi Kelly, I’m a friend of Marcia’s and have a question for you. Marcia uses “Pour a Little Love” goats milk for her fur babies, and I can’t locate it here in Southern California. Is it ok to use … Continue reading
Hi Kelly…I have a Golden Retriever who is presently 5 months old. He’s been on Eukanuba puppy food since weaned. I’ve run into problems with him over the past several weeks where he began limping. Two weeks ago he was holding … Continue reading