Custom map monologues

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Krypto
Well Done

Custom map monologues

Postby Krypto » Nov 21st, 2010, 14:46

Hail all followers of the cult.

I thought it splendiferous to reserve a left overs section for any and all comments regarding custom maps.

- A rich horror and ambient atmosphere is weaved right into the very skin of this vivid incarnation. The transitions between the several distinguishing areas are smooth, with a fine eye for detail to both resembling a realistic environment and gameplay mechanics. Although I thought it was lacking in enemies, unfortunately a cutscene plays upon exit, ruining the mystery of how many monsters I had slain.

Is their a command line which determines 'difficulty setting'? The one titled -skill places a handicap on the player and is seperate from the former.

Fantastic! Now all I need is a pint of ale and a pair of voluptuous melons to play with :lol:

Behold! The undreamed possibilities of the versatile Build engine. Swirling vortex of deep blue yeah!

It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Re: Custom map monologues

Postby Shadowman » Nov 21st, 2010, 18:23

Reminds me of Shadow Warrior.

(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Postby wangho » Nov 22nd, 2010, 18:42

that swirl of blue is EXTREMELY hard to pull off in mapedit! ;)

Krypto
Well Done

Postby Krypto » Nov 22nd, 2010, 22:19

Might I ask as to whether any fellow Bloodite has experienced 'Legends of Iconoclast' and could relay their thoughts on the quality? It would be much appreciated.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Postby Daedalus » Nov 23rd, 2010, 00:13

Laughable.

Krypto
Well Done

Postby Krypto » Nov 23rd, 2010, 16:00

Thank you Matt, that shall prevent me from wasting energy. I have dissected 'Inherit the Earth' two nights yonder, and it did indeed impress, particularly as I don't remember their being a total of three episodes. It would appear I mistakingly only embroiled one many years ago. However I am not in the mood to relay my thoughts now, Hostile Takeover it is!

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Postby wangho » Nov 24th, 2010, 13:19

Legends is also TEDIOUS

Drakan
Well Done

Postby Drakan » Nov 26th, 2010, 15:55

That swirling looks amazing! I cannot comprehend how it was done...
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Postby Dimebog » Nov 26th, 2010, 18:55

Baffling!!!!

/sarcasm

Krypto
Well Done

Postby Krypto » Dec 30th, 2010, 17:52

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Postby Daedalus » Dec 31st, 2010, 01:59

Done deal.

Jerry
Still Kicking

Postby Jerry » Dec 31st, 2010, 03:30

Hello Krypto!
Sadly the function -getopt really works only for Bloodbath and I never found any suitable command for setting the difficulty. Exactly this command would be certainly very useful. Therefore I prefer usermaps with it's own .ini files 'cos this is the only way to set difficulty (in the starting menu) when you want to play singleplayer. I don't see any other possibilities, sorry. :(
I want Jo-Jo! I want Jo-Jo! Jo-Jo! JO-JOOOO!

Krypto
Well Done

Postby Krypto » Dec 31st, 2010, 21:16

Jerry
Still Kicking

Postby Jerry » Jan 1st, 2011, 23:23

I want Jo-Jo! I want Jo-Jo! Jo-Jo! JO-JOOOO!

Krypto
Well Done

Postby Krypto » Jan 4th, 2011, 12:48

Phenomenal template Jerry, thank you.

Intriguing animal, begins in a harrowing hall enveloped in darkness with a maroon shroud of earthern caverns with no items to be found in the immediate vicinity. Two adjoining hallways full of Cultists and Fanatics indicating one is not meant to tread in that suicidal direction, consistently claustrophobic throughout, wavers on realism as it employs varying Earthern/Temple textures but with no implicit theme the human mind can conjure.

Altruistic amount of ammo disappoints, placed in abundance in one spot rather than being scattered throughout. Delightful use of waterways and brief attempts at immersion, but misses the mark by not paying cue attention to environmental essence through a lack of tortured corpses, bloody smears. I feel it focuses primarily on gameplay but Blood requires that every last element is met with the same degree of actute care, to do justice to the enticing macabre realm which grips the player whole.

One particular outdoor region with an overlooked contingent of Cultists and Fanatics may prove formidable with the absense of any cover, yet this obstacle is ruined by the placement of an Invisibility Cloak in the corner. Intriguing voyage but it doesn't feel as if it adheres to Blood's frenetic yet balanced strategic gameplay.

Non-linear haunted mansion themed expanse, invokes the air of 'Even Death May Die' with the sight of acrilic flames bristling in the oaken interiors with an intricate Library shelves, kitchens and adorning paintings with broad clothes nailed to the walls. Zombies are inexorable in sight, but with Cultists placed obscurely around corners and not within the immediate sight of the sadistic psychopath.

Here the essence of horror strikes with mutilated corpses, bloodied smears, broken architecture and even a shrill cry. Anticipated fire places, dining tables with several murky traps. Gameplay appears diverse with the inclusion of the majority of beastiary and the utilisation of impetious traps to test the unwary one. Ammunition overfloods however, yet with consistent backtracking enhancing the feel of exploration this was quite a delight.

Return to “Blood”