Man dead in third Belfast shooting in 24 hours

The victim, aged in his twenties, was shot a number of times in the body, police said.

Neither of their injuries are thought to be life-threatening.

It is understood to have been the third shooting in Belfast in 24 hours, following separate incidents earlier on Monday when two men were injured.

"I am appalled by the events of the last 24 hours in areas of west and north Belfast".

A MAN in his twenties has been shot in an alley off the Antrim Road in north Belfast.

West Belfast MLA Alex Attwood condemned those responsible. Over recent months in north Belfast people have been murdered and maimed by the actions of faceless self-appointed judges, jurors and executioners. As a community we must stand together and against violence.

Alliance councillor Nuala McAllister said: "There is never an excuse for this sort of act and I condemn it unreservedly".

A 17-year-old boy was blasted several times in a paramilitary-style gun attack as children played nearby.

Local reports say that the man who was shot was a delivery driver.

Alternatively, if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111.

  • Elsie Buchanan