Bob Sullivan is a thorough I.T. professional with broad-based experience from over 25 years with Unix, SQL and Microsoft Windows/DOS. His approach to I.T. is that information is a product, not a possession.
Highlights are induction to Upsilon Pi Epsilon (the international honor society for the computing and information disciplines) and being published in Medicine and Health/Rhode Island. The late Stanley Aronson, M.D. acknowledged Bob's contributions to additional articles in the primary publication of the Rhode Island Medical Society.
Specialties: data analysis, data exchange, data transformation, SQL, shell scripts, Unix, AIX, Linux, 4GL, Informix, Progress, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase SQL Server, OS/X, MS Access
Skill set: Unix, Integration, Databases, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Shell Scripting, Oracle, SDLC, System Administration, Linux, Relational Databases, Microsoft Access, Disaster Recovery, AIX, C, Data Analysis, Visio, Software Documentaiton, Systems Analysis, Data Warehousing, Data Center, Database Design, Sharepoint, Business Intelligence, Performance Tuning, Database Administration, Business Analysis, ERP, Software Development, ETL, IT Management, Perl Script, Mac OS/X, Technical Support, IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Requirements Analysis, Software Project Management, Requirements Gathering, Vendor Management, IT Strategy, Business Process, Networking, IT Service Management, Data Modeling, Testing, Hardware
“While working with Bob over the past 2 years, I learned just how gifted he is as an IT Manager. Bob's ability to execute at the highest levels with enthusiasm and commitment to success made him a true pillar in the deployment and integration of a highly complex supply chain software implementation for UNFI. He is creative, technically proficient, understands the business and is a total team player. Bob is always encouraging and positive and his calming personality makes his team and peers completely comfortable no matter how stressful the work is. There are select people in an organization who you can trust to carry the full responsibility of planning, managing and executing large scale projects involving multiple teams, and Bob is one of those individuals. I would welcome the chance to work with Bob again and I am confident that he will be a great asset for any organization.”Brian HowellNational Director, Client Services and Site Support at UNFI
“Bob was a tremendous resource during his time at UNFI. We worked closely - my teams were responsible for providing the infrastructure for his Supply Chain group - and I was very impressed with Bob's attention to detail and his ability to manage complex projects and environments. He can work in a fast paced environment and would be an asset to any company.”Michael SmithDirector of Infrastructure Solutions at UNFI
“Bob Sullivan was fantastic to work with at UNFI. Likable, honest and highly motivated. His attention to detail, knowledge and experienced cannot be overestimated. I fully recommend Bob without hesitation for any project.”Bob MattsonUNIX Applications Administrator at UNFI
“The MIS systems at PRxN were very complex and were required to operate a Pharmacy, TPA and PBM, further complicated by the need to be part of the greater systems of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation. Bob worked well with his team and the other divisions of PRxN as was well respected by management and his peers.”William Millar, IIfounder of PRxN and Pequot HealthCare
“Bob was great to work with. He was detailed oriented and had a strong work ethic. Bob also demonstrated advanced technical skills which he continuously developed. His communication skills are excellent and he is always pleasant. I recommend Bob without hesitation.”Kate Grismaladirector at Pequot HealthCare
“Bob was a really outstanding computer programmer and system analyst. He was the first person to demonstrate to me what effective IT could do for an organization. Bob taught us how to determine where we were in our business plan, where we needed to go and created the pathways to get there. IT was at its peak when Bob ran the show. After he left, no one has been able to duplicate or improve upon what Bob had built. I sincerely wish that we had him back!”Bruce W. McIntyre, Esq.attorney at R.I. Board of Medical Licensure & Discipline
“Robert is an excellent well rounded I.T. professional. His depth of knowledge in all aspects of I.T. and networking is, in my opinion, unsurpassed. The Best of the Best. I highly recomend Bob and assure you he will be an asset to any group fortunate enough to secure his services.”William Palazzomanager at Aamphora Systems Consultants, Inc.
“I had the opportunity working with Robert at Pequot Health Care. My company was a TPA vendor supporting the Pequot’s. Robert participated on one of my project teams. He is a stellar performer and terrific team member. He delivers quality on time exceeding expectations. I would highly recommend Robert.”Patrick W. Boland, MBA, PMPconsultant at Pequot HealthCare
“I was fortunate enough to have Bob as my primary IT client contact over the course of a year while rolling out my companies Labor Management software. What separated Bob from others was his desire to learn the underlying technical fundamentals of our software and the quickness in which he did it. Rather than just having consultants "do the work", he took every opportunity to dig into the details to assist. ”Ted PartridgeMANH consultant to UNFI
“While at Pequot Healthcare, Bob's performance was exemplary. Bob is a conscientious, highly-skilled technical analyst. He is detail oriented and has a firm grasp of how to solve technical issues. Bob has a great ability to communicate at all levels in a way that can be understood by technical and non-technical personnel alike. I would recommend Bob for any technical/managerial position.”Mike CassellSenior Healthcare Systems Analyst at Pequot HealthCare
“Bob is great to work with. He has great depth of technical and domain knowledge and the best part is that he is easy to work with and self motivated. His willingness to share knowledge with the rest of the team to increase the productivity of the team as a whole is what I admire the most in him. His attention to detail makes him a good choice as an Analyst. If I ever need an Analyst in my team, I'd consider him first.”Uday Sangepuprogrammer/analyst at Rhode Island Department of Health
“Bob is someone I like to call 'soup to nuts' … he can do it all. His dedication, calm professionalism, strong technical expertise, enthusiasm, willingness to share his knowledge and assist others, and ability to get the job done make him such an asset. Bob’s critical contribution to Cornerstone Systems was to help grow the business, doubling the size of its employee-base and moving its home-base out of a spare room and into an office suite. I enjoyed working with Bob and look forward to working with him again in the future. Any organization would be lucky to have him.”Rosemary Marzilliprogrammer/analyst at Cornerstone Systems, Inc.
“I thoroughly enjoyed working with Bob. He has excellent technical and domain knowledge, he is self motivated and always the first to take ownership. Bob is also a team player, he always leads by example and raises the moral and productivity of his teams.”Stan Egbor, PMPproject manager at UNFI
“Bob is one of the strongest technologists that I know. In addition to great skills, he approaches technology with great passion and enthusiasm. I give Bob my highest possible recommendation.”John Tonerprogrammer/analyst at Aamphora Systems Consultants, Inc.
“I had a great working relationship with Robert. He was very thorough with all his projects. He made it with ease to do client implementation as he could articulate to the team members the plan building components needed for new and existing accounts.”Dawn Coleyaccount manager at Pequot HealthCare
“Robert was a great colleague to work with. He was thorough and passionate about his work. I always found him as helpful and a great asset as a systems analyst in our company. I would recommend him I'd be pleased to work with him again in the future.”David LoPrestireport technician at Pequot HealthCare
Senior Applications Analyst
- Salve Regina University
- Nov 24, 2014 - Current
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing the support, maintenance, enhancement, and development of database driven applications which include the student administrative system and 3rd party software solutions for the University community.
- Jul 6, 2013 - Nov 23, 2014
- I.T. Consulting with the approach that "information is a product not a possession".
- Apr 1, 2012 - Jul 5, 2013
- Managed team of 4 application administrators supporting supply chain optimization applications from Manhattan Associates for Distribution Management, Order, Lifecycle Management and Replenishment through design, implementation and deployment.
Enterprise Systems Analyst
- Feb 28, 2011 - Mar 31, 2012
- Supported Manhattan Associates' supply chain optimization applications for Distribution Management, Transportation Lifecycle Management and Order Lifecycle Management used by the largest national distributor of specialty, natural and organic products.
HealthCare Systems Analyst
- Pequot HealthCare
- Aug 23, 2004 - Feb 25, 2011
- Develop and maintain systems supporting a multi-faceted healthcare business for third-party claims administration (medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, etc.) of self-funded employer plans and tribal nations AND pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services including on-site managed care pharmacies and a mail service pharmacy.
Health Policy Analyst
- Rhode Island Department of Health
- Jul 5, 1999 - Aug 13, 2004
- Migrated 40+ distinct databases for 450+ license types in 74 professions to a unified licensing system for Divisions of Health Services Regulation and Environmental Health divisions then provided programming and technical support. Developed processes for and supported production of renewal applications and license certificates using external and internal resources.
Health Policy Analyst
- R.I. Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline
- Jan 3, 1994 - Jul 4, 1999
- Developed and maintained physician licensing and complaint tracking systems for Board of Medical Licensure & Discipline using Informix 4GL/RDBMS/SQL. Migrated system from AT&T; 3B2/400 to PS/2 SCO Unix system.
- Venture Networks Corp.
- Jun 14, 1993 - Jan 21, 1994
- Provided systems administration, programming, user training and technical support services to the finance office of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation.
- Cornerstone Systems, Inc.
- Sep 10, 1990 - Jun 11, 1993
- Provided system design, integration and programming services as an I.B.M. Business Partner (RS/6000 AIX) and Progress 4GL/RDBMS Value-Added Reseller.
- Aamphora Systems Consultants, Inc.
- Dec 14, 1987 - Sep 7, 1990
- Provided system design, integration and programming services as an I.B.M. Business Partner (IBM RT AIX), Informix 4GL/RDBMS Value-Added Reseller and AT&T; 3B2 Value-Added Reseller.
Upsilon Pi Epsilon
- Rhode Island College
- May 6, 2011
- Inducted on May 6, 2011 as alumni at the initial induction ceremony upon creation of the first chapter in Rhode Island of the international computing honor society .
Rhode Island College
Upsilon Pi Epsilon (inducted May 6, 2011)
GPA 3.85 on 4.00 scale