Last updated: September 12, 2013 (2 years ago)
Listing created on: December 8, 2012
Quinta do Vale do Carvalho
- Status: Forming
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community.
– meet like-minded possible members (temporary is completely ok)
– acquire more land
– build new houses for living
– expand our permaculture projects (to reach at least 95% food self-sufficiency), with grains ,pulses, perennial crops (roots, pulses, grasses, fruit and nut trees), spices and herbs, compost crops and biointensive organic
– create sources of income (rural tourism, workshops, selling crafts and food)
– become off-grid, using DYI solar energy and low energy appliances
– create a healthy and peaceful community spirit, based in brotherhood, honesty, trust and happiness. This is a big challenge. And we are very aware of the fact that money, ego and relationships often create damage to this kind of projects. We must find solutions for these challenges.
– decision making is by consensus decision (everyone must be happy and find a common ground)
About new members:
– We will be strict about it, filtering any new applications. Initially, a new member will take care of its own personal expenses and creating its own sustainability.
– no fees to join. no income sharing. you share only that which you want.
– we can’t provide a source of income yet. So this is one of the big challenges to be worked. Each potencial new member should keep this in mind. But long-term we must aim towards self-sufficiency and full human sustainability!
– people raising children are welcomed
– strong ideologies are not welcomed, as they divided more than unite.
– smoking in property not allowed
– we are mostly vegetarian but open to every diet, though we dislike people preaching ideologies
– we would like this to become a center of education in the future!
– we want to find a balance in providing free education and a way of living free of money, but still having money to live in society
– we do not wish to be separate from society. We wish to be self-reliant and off-grid, but still working to work to give positive contribution and change towards surrounding society, national and global.
– We have been exploring the ideas of self-sufficient, community living for years, we have lived in a intentional community before and visited several others
– We wish like-minded people, with motivation to join us, good hearted, and seek to create conditions for temporary and permanent settlement and sustainability, without a damaging or stressful lifestyle