Enjoy regular weekday and weekend play, tournaments, special holiday events and BBQ’s. Come out for some fun in the sun! Intermediate skills. No beginners.
- We play at De Anza Cove Park in Mission Bay Park in San Diego CA. Club Days are Wednesday and Sunday. We start around 4pm.
- We’re an established adult-intermediate co-ed grass volleyball club. We form balanced teams and play competitively. We play with who shows up, 2’s through 6’s, raise more nets as players arrive, center-set, players rotate through each position, everyone gets to serve, pass, set, hit, block. In tournaments we play 4’s.
- Take Clairemont Drive to Mission Bay Drive. Turn right (North) onto Mission Bay Drive. Continue until you reach last 2 parking lots, across from the high fences of the golf course driving range. Plenty of parking. Near the sand volleyball courts, playground, and restrooms.
We play here: 3000 N Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Our nets have an orange stripe on top
- We usually have 2 nets up. Come and introduce yourself. You may be asked to bump to demonstrate clean skills. If you’re here temporarily, play as a walk-on. If longer, think about membership.
- Members get club voting rights on things like rules changes and officer elections. Members get a discount on tournament entrance fees. Members receive email about holiday play days and special events. Dues go toward maintaining equipment, buying new nets/balls/lines/hammers/bags, website renewals, and other expenses that benefit members. To ask to join, talk to a board member.
- Club Day skills are solid strong ball control (serve, pass, set, hit), ability to keep a warm-up bump-passing drill going nonstop, good movement any direction, and hustle defense. Clean sets, not too spinny.
- Tournaments are a popular, competitive, fun club activity, held for the enjoyment of the membership. Qualified non-members are welcome. We announce tournaments throughout the year, typically held Saturday.
More Days To Play
- Tuesday & Thursday are called “Open Day” at De Anza Cove, for basic skills. Neal sets up.