远程教育与网络教育网

找回密码
 学员注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

网络教育释疑:1 - 学历2 - 学位3 - 毕业4 - 入学考试5 - 入学资格6 - 考试难易7 - 学费8 - 日常学习9 - 学制时间10 - 学习层次
 2016年网络教育招生提示:网络教育学历国家承认,取证相对简单,一年两次入学适合在职人士取得学历学位,实现自我增值!
搜索
入学考试试题最新统考信息辅导学位英语考试资料作业答案的说明学币充值
查看: 1170|回复: 0

大学英语B(统考)模拟试卷6

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-11-20 13:26:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

大学英语B)模拟试题
第一部分:交际用语(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
1.      I wonder if I could use yourcomputer tonight? 我在想是否今晚可以用你的电脑
_________I’m notusing it right now. 今晚我不用。
A. Sure, goahead. 行,拿去用吧             B. I don’t know.      
C. It doesn’tmatter.                         D. Who cares?
2.      Excuse me, could you show methe way to the nearest post office?
打扰下,你能告诉我最近的邮局怎么走吗?
  ________ Oh yes! Two blocks away from here at the Green Avenue. You can’t miss it.
          噢,对!从这里过两个街区,在格林大街,你不会错过。
  A. Ibeg your pardon?    B. What do youmean?  
C. You’re welcome      D. Mm, let me think. 恩, 让我想想。
3.      Wow! This is a marvelous room! I’venever known you’re so artistic.
哇呜!多么漂亮的房间啊,我从来不知道你如此有艺术品位啊!
  __________.
  A.Great, I am very art-conscious.             B. Don’t mention it.
  C.Thanks for your compliments. 承蒙夸奖      D. It’s fine.
4. Is it possible for you to work late tonight? 今晚你可以加班吗?
  __________.
  A.I like it.     B. I’ll do that.    C. I’d love to    D.I think so. 我认为可以
5. Unbelievable! I have failed the driving test again! 难以置信!我的驾照考试又没通过。
  ____________ This is not the end of the world. 这又不是世界末日。
  A.Good luck.   B. Cheer up. 振作点     C. Go ahead.    D. No problem.
6. Would you like another slice of Christmas cake? 再吃一块圣诞蛋糕吗?
  ___________ I’m full. 我已经饱了
  A. Yes, please.    B.No more, thanks. 谢谢,不用了    C. Why not.     D. Nothing more.
7. Susan is absent from today’s writingclass. 今天的写作颗Susan缺席。
__________ As far as I know, she has never missed a class. 据我所知,她从来不缺课的。
A. How come? 怎么回事     B. So what?    C. Why?   D. What for.
8. If you like I can mail this letter foryou? 是否需要我帮你寄这封信?
_____________.
  A.That’s very kind of you. 你真是太好了     B. You are so kind.
  C.Please give me a hand.                  D. You are great.
9. I’m terribly sorry that I’ve spilledsome coffee on the carpet.
十分抱歉,我的咖啡倒在地毯上了。
______________.
  A.Sorry.         B. It doesn’t matter. 没关系
  C.That’s right     D. Don’t mention it.
10. Doctor, I don’t feel well. 医生,我觉得不舒服
  ________________.
  A.You are fine.            B. It doesn’t matter.
C. What’s the matter 怎么了  D. Don’t take it seriously
第二部分:阅读理解(共15小题; 每小题2分,满分30分)
Passage 1
Places to stay in Britainare as varied as the places you visit. Whatever your budget is the choice –from basic barn to small hotel, from tiny cottage to grand castle—is all partof fun.
在英国,可住宿的地方就如可参观的地方那么多。不论你的预算是多少,任何一种选择都是快乐的一部分――从谷仓到小旅馆,从小农舍到大城堡。
Hostel 旅社
Cheap, good-value hostels are aimed at all types of like-mindedtravelers, who prefer value over luxury and you don’t have to be young orsingle to use them. Britain’sindependent hostels and backpackers hostels also offer a great welcome. Facilitiesand prices vary, especially in rural areas, where some hostels are a littlemore than a bunkhouse (临时住房) while others are remarkably comfortable--almost like bargainhotels.
廉价、超值的旅社定位在形形色色的趣味相投的重精神超过物质的这类游客群体,而且旅社没有规定游客必须是年轻人或者是单身汉。英国对自助旅行者和背包旅行者也十分欢迎。设施和价格也各不相同,特别是在乡村,有些旅社只比临时住房好一点点,而有些特别舒适――就像可以讨价还价一样。
YouthHotels 青年旅社
Founded many years ago to “help all, especially young people of limitedmeans, to a greater knowledge, love and care of the countryside”, the YouthHotels Association is still going strong in the 21st century. Thenetwork of 230 hotels is a perfect gateway for exploring Britain’s townsand countryside.
(这种旅社的形式)很多年前就形成了,为了“帮助所有的,特别是资金有限的年轻人,深入了解,喜爱,关心农村。”青年旅行社组织在21世纪依然盛行。230家的旅社网络是探索英国小镇和农村的最佳门户。
B & Bs 床位和早餐
The B & B (bed and breakfast) is a great British institution. Inessence you get a room in somebody’s house, and small B & Bs may only haveone guest room, so you’ll really feel like part of the family. Larger B &Bs may have four or five rooms and more facilities, but just as warm as awelcome.
床位与早餐是英国的伟大创举。实际上就是某家的住户为你提供一个房间,小的B&Bs只有一间客房,所以你会觉得自己是这户人家的一份子。大一些的B& Bs可能有4,5个房间和更多是设施,但一样的热情款待。
In country areas your B & B might be in a village or an isolatedfarm surrounded by fields. Prices reflect facilities: and usually run fromaround £12 to £20 per person. City B & Bscharge about £25 to £30 per person, although they’reoften cheaper as you go further out to the suburbs.
在农村,B & B可能在一个村庄或者四周都是田地的独立的农场里。价格反映了房间的设施:通常每人在12到20英镑左右。城市的B & Bs价格在每人25到30英镑左右,尽管越到郊区价格越便宜。
Pubs & Inns 酒吧和客栈
As well as selling drinks and meals, Britain’s pubs and inns sometimesoffer B & B, particularly in country areas. Staying a night or two can begreat fun and puts you at the heart of the local community.
除了买酒和饭菜外,英国的酒吧和客栈有时也提供床位和早餐,特别在农村地区。在那里住一两个晚上会十分有趣,并且可以让你处在当地社区的中心。
Rates range from around £15 to £25 perperson. Pubs are more likely to have single rooms. (332 words)
价格在每人15到25英镑左右。酒吧更有可能拥有独立房间。
11. Is this passage the author mainly_____________. 这篇文章作者的意图主要是什么?
A.    Tell us where to stay whilevisiting Britain 告诉我们到英国旅游可以住在哪里
B.     Advises readers to pay a visitto Britain
C.     Introduces the wonderful publicservices in Britain
D.    Gives us some information aboutBritish life
12. ___________ are mainly built for youngvisitors. 青年旅社主要是为年轻人建的。
   A.Pubs & Inns               B. Youth Hotels
   C.Hostels                   D. B & Bs
13. If you travel alone and want to knowbetter about family life in Britain, you’d better stay in __________________.  如果你独自一个人旅游并且想更好地了解英国的居民生活,你可以住在B& Bs
A. Pubs & Inns              B. Youth Hotels
   C. Hostels                   D. B & Bs
14. If you are interested in traveling withyour friends but only with limited means, where is the better place for you tostay? ______________.  如果你喜欢和朋友一起旅行但资金有限,哪里是最佳住宿地点呢?
A. Pubs & Inns              B. Youth Hotels
    C. Hostels 旅社                  D. B &Bs
15. Which of the following is NOT trueaccording to the last part of the passage? _____________
  根据文章的最后一段,以下哪句是错误的?
A.    Pubs and inns usually providevisitors bed and breakfast.
B.     All pubs and inns offervisitors bed and breakfast.
 所有的酒吧和客栈都为旅客提供床位和早餐。
C.     Pubs and inns charge a visitor £ 25 at the most.
D.    If you want a single room, youare more likely to get one in pubs.
E.      
Passage 2
What makes a person a scientist? Does he have ways or tools oflearning that are different from those of others? The answer is “no”. It is notthe tools a scientist uses but how he uses these tools that makes him ascientist. You will probably agree that knowing how to use a power is importantto a carpenter. You will probably agree, too, that knowing how to investigate,how to discover information, is important to everyone. The scientist,however, goes one step further, he must be sure that he has a reasonableanswer to his questions and that his answer can be confirmed by other persons.He also works to fit the answers he gets to many questions into a large set ofideas about how the world works.
是什么使一个普通人成为科学家?他有与从不同的学习方法和工具吗?答案是否定的。不是因为科学家使用的工具,而是因为他使用工具的方法使他成为科学家。你也许认同怎么用力对一名木匠来说很重要。你也许也认同怎么研究调查,发现信息对每个人来说都很重要。然而,科学家比这更进一步,他必须确定他对自己的问题得出了一个合理的答案,并且他的答案通过别人也可以得到证实。他同时把自己得出的许多答案归结为一个系统的关于世界如何运作的观点。
The scientist’s knowledge must be exact. There is no room for halfright or right just half the time. He must be as nearly right as the conditionspermit. What works under one set of conditions at one time must work under thesame conditions at other times. If the conditions are different, any changesthe scientist observes in a demonstration must be explained by the changes inthe conditions. This is one reason that investigations are important inscience. Albert Einstein, who developed the theory of relativity, arrived atthis theory through mathematics. The accuracy of his mathematics was latertested through investigations, Einstein’s ideas were shown to be correct. Ascientist uses many tools for measurements. Then the measurements are used tomake mathematical calculations that may test his investigations. (263 words)
科学家的知识必须很确切。不能给半错半对或者只有一半机会对的情况留任何空间。他必须在条件允许的情况下尽可能正确。在一种条件下成功一次的话必须在同样的条件下都能成功。如果条件不同,科学家在证明过程中观察到的任何变化都必须解释他的条件是如何变化的。这是关于调查研究在科学研究中十分重要的其中一个理由。爱因斯坦通过数学方法提出了相对论。他的数学运用的正确性被后人通过调查研究的方法证实该理论是正确的。一个科学家会用很多工具来测量。测量的结果用来进行数学计算,再进行调查研究的测试。
16. What makes a scientist according to thepassage? ________________. 根据这篇文章的观点科学家是如何来的?
A.    The tools he uses.
B.     The way he uses his tools. 他使用工具的方法
C.     His ways of learning.
D.    The various tools he uses.
17. “The scientist, however, goes one step further…”.The author says this to show ____________. “然而,科学家比这更进一步……”作者这么说是为了说明什么?
A.    the important of information
B.     the importance of thinking
C.      the difference between scientists and ordinary people 科学家与普通人的区别
D.    the difference betweencarpenters and people with other jobs.
18. A sound scientific theory should be onethat ___________________. 
一项伟大的科学理论应该是怎么样的?
A.    works not only under one setof conditions at one time, but also under the same conditions at other times 不只是在一种条件下一次可行,而要在同样的条件下一直可行。
B.     does not allow any changes evenunder different conditions
C.     can be used for many purposes
D.    leave no room for improvement
19. The author quotes the case of AlbertEinstein to illustrate ______________.
 作者引用爱因斯坦的例子是为了证明什么?
A.    that measurements are keys tosuccess in science
B.     that accuracy of mathematics
C.     that the investigations areimportant in science 调查研究在科学领域十分重要。
D.    that the mathematical calculationsmay test his investigations
20. What is the main idea of the passage?__________. 这篇文章的中心意思是什么?
A.    The theory of relativity.
B.     Exactness is the core ofscience.
C.     Scientists are different formordinary people.
D.    Exactness and ways of usingtools are the keys to the making of a scientist. 确切性和使用工具的方法是成为科学家的重要因素。
Passage3
A characteristic of American culture that has become almost atradition is to respect the self-made man—the man who has risen to the topthrough his own efforts, usually beginning by working with his hands. While theleader in business or industry or the college professor occupies a highersocial position and commands greater respect in the community than the common laboreror even the skilled factory worker, he may take pains to point out that hisfather started life in America as a farmer or laborer of some sort.
美国文化的一个特点,并且几乎成为美国的一项传统的是对自我奋斗的人的尊敬――通过自己的努力到达顶峰,通常是白手起家。然而公司,企业的领导,社会地位很高,在社区中获得比一般工人或工厂技术人员更多的尊敬的大学教授,都不愿说出自己的父亲在美国是从一个农民,工人这类人开始奋斗的。
This attitude toward manual (体力) labor is now still seen in many aspects of American life. One isinvited to dinner at a home that is not only comfortable but even luxuriously (豪华地) furnished and in which there isevery evidence of the fact that the family has been able to afford foreigntravel, expensive hobbies, and college education for the children; yet thehostess probably will cook the dinner herself, will serve it herself and willwash dishes afterward, furthermore the dinner will not consist merely ofsomething quickly and easily assembled from contents of various cans and a cakeor a pie bought at the nearby bakery. On the contrary, the hostess usuallytakes pride in careful preparation of special dishes. A professional may talkabout washing the car, digging in his flowerbeds, painting the house. His sonwho is away at college may wait on table and wash dishes for his living,or during the summer he may work with a construction gang on a highway in orderto pay for his education. (291 words)
这种对体力劳动的尊敬在美国生活的很多地方都能看到。一个人被邀请到一户家庭赴宴,这户家庭装潢不只舒适,可以说是豪华,处处可证明这家人家支付得起国外旅行,奢侈的爱好和孩子的大学教育。但是这样的女主人很有可能自己做饭招待客人,然后洗刷餐具,并且这样的宴会不会仅仅提供快餐式的罐头食品,从附近面包房买的蛋糕或派。相反的,女主人通常为精心准备特别的菜肴而感到自豪。男主任会谈论自己如何洗车,在花房劳作,粉刷房子,他的儿子在外地上大学,做餐厅侍应生,洗盘子来供自己生活花费,或者暑假的时候为建筑队在高速公路工作赚钱付学费。
21. From paragraph 1, we know that in America_____________.
从第一段我们可以知道在美国……?
A.    people tend to have a highopinion of the self-made man人们对自我奋斗的人评价很高
B.     people can always rise to thetop through their won efforts
C.     college professors win greatrespect from common workers
D.    people feel painful to mentiontheir fathers as labors
22. According to the passage, the hostesscooks dinner herself mainly because ______________.
  从这篇文章来看,女主人自己做饭主要是因为……?
A.    servants in American are hardto get
B.     she takes pride in what she cando herself 她对自己可以做的事情感到自豪
C.     she can hardly afford servants
D.    It is easy to prepare a mealwith canned food.
23. The expression “wait on table” in thesecond paragraph means “___________________”.
  第二段中,词组“等在桌旁”的意思是什么?
A.    work in a furniture shop
B.     keep accounts for a bar
C.     wait to lay the table
D.    serve customers in a restaurant 在餐厅为客人服务
24. The author’s attitude toward manual (体力的) labor is __________________. 
作者对体力劳动者的态度如何?
   A. positive 积极的    negative            C. humorous             D. critical
25. Which of the following may serve as thebest title of the passage? __________________.
  下面那项最适合作这篇文章的题目?
A.    A Respectable Self-made Family
B.     American Attitude towardManual Labor. 美国人对体力劳动者的态度
C.     Characteristics of AmericanCulture.
D.    The Development of ManualLabor.
第三部分: 词汇与结构(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
26. Two days is not enough for him tofinish the work. He needs __________ day. 
  两天时间他完成不了这项工作,还学要一天
   A.other      B. the other    C. the third     D. a third 
27. The red flower goes from one to__________ in the class.教室里,红花从一个传到另一个。
   A.the other   B. others      C. another      D. other
28. The computer system ___________suddenlywhile he was searching for information on the Internet. 在他上网查找资料的时候计算机系统突然瘫痪。
   A. broke down 坏了 B. broke out      C. broke up      D. broke in
29. There’s lots of fruit _________ thetree. Our little cat is also in the tree.
  树上长了许多果实。我们的小猫也在树上。
   A.in           B. at            C. under         D. on
30. How can he _____________ if he is not_____________? 他不听怎么能听到呢?
   A.listen; hearing                      B. hear;listening
   C.be listening; heard                   D.be hearing; listened to
31. In ­­­­­­­­_____________, thenortherners have a particular liking for dumplings while the southerners arefond of rice. 一般说来,北方人特别喜欢饺子,南方人喜欢吃米饭。
   A.common        B. total          C. general            D. particular
32. _____________ no need _____________ theradio as I’m used to studying with it on.
  没有必要关收音机,我已经习惯一边学习一边听。
   A.It’s; to turn down                B. It’s;turning up  
   C.There’s; to turn off               D. There’s; turning off
33. How much has the company________________ this year? 今年这家公司赢利多少?
   A.brought in  赢得               B. brought down
   C.brought out                     D.brought about
34. The old houses are being pulled down to______________ a new office block. 
  老房子推倒了是为新的办公区腾地。
   A.make room for 为……腾地                 B. make useof
   C.take the place of                      D. supply with
35. The Chinese women volleyball players________________ both in and out of China.
  中国女子排球运动员在国内外享有很高声誉。
   A.are thought good of               B.are highly thought of 得到好评
   C.are well thought                  D. areill thought of
36. Would you like something______________? 你想喝点什么吗?
   A.drink           B. to drink            C. drinking            D. for drinking
37. The wild flowers looked like a softorange blanket ______________ the desert. 
  野花像橘黄色柔软的毯子一样铺满沙漠。
   A.covering 覆盖           B. covered            C. cover            D. to cover
38. _______________ is the population ofParis? 巴黎的人口是多少?
   A.How many         B. How much         C. How             D. What
39. As the busiest woman there, she made______________ her duty to look after all the other people’s affairs in thattown. 作为那里最忙的女人,她把照顾那个小镇上其他人的事作为自己的职责。
   A.this           B. that           C. one            D. it
40. It was getting __________, he had tostop to have a rest.天越来越暗,他不得不停下来休息。
   A.very darker                   B. dark anddark
   C.darker and darker              D.darkest and darkest
41. This overcoat cost _______________.What’s more, they are ___________ small for me.
  这件外套太贵了。并且,对我来说太小了。
   A. very much; very               B. too much; much too
   C.much too; too much            D. verymuch; too much
42. The film brought the hours back to me_________ I was taken good care of in that remote village. 这部电影把我带到往日的时光,那时我在那遥远的村庄得到很好的照顾。
   A.when        B. where      C. that   D. until
43. --Did the medicine make you feelbetter? 药使你觉得舒服点吗?
  --No. The more __________, ___________ I feel. 不,吃越多的药我觉得越不舒服。
   A.medicine I take; and the worse              B. medicine I take; the worse
   C.I take medicine; the worse                  D. I take medicine; worse
44. It is not until you have lost yourhealth _____________ you know its value.
 直到失去了健康你才知道它的重要性。
   A.until             B. when            C. what            D. that
45. It’s high time that he settled down inthe country and __________ a new life.
  他早干在那村庄安定下来开始新的生活。
   A.start             B. started           C. starting          D. to start
第四部分:完型填空(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
Did you sleep well last night? Maybe manypeople will answer: No. In fact, in the world about one in three people do nothave good sleep. _46_ you say you do not have good sleep, it means waking earlyand not getting back to sleep, often interrupted short period of sleep, orhours of wakefulness. You _47_ get tired, worried, and anxious. Your memory andability to remember things will be _48_.
昨天你睡得好吗?也许很多人会说:不。事实上,全球有1/3的人睡不好。如果你说你没有休息好,这意味着早醒后无法再入睡,睡觉的时间断断续续,或一连数小时无法入睡。你可能总是感到疲劳、焦虑或易怒;你的记忆力和集中注意力都可能受到不良影响。
Then what should you do when you have the trouble? Do not worryabout it too much. First, let’s see whether you can sleep yourself. The waysare as follows:
那么出现这样的问题你该如何做?不要太担心。首先,我们来看你是否可以自己入睡。方法如下:
First, _49_ that your bedroom isn’t too cold or too hot. Keep itdark and quiet.
首先,确保你的床不是太冷也不是太热。保持黑暗和安静。
Second, check your lifestyle: 第二,检查你的生活方式:
Do not drink tea, coffee, cola or chocolate four hours before _50_.Drink less liquid so that you can have no or fewer visits to the toilet.
睡觉前4小时不不喝茶,咖啡,可乐,不吃巧克力。少喝点水这样你就可以少上,或者不上厕所。
Set your body clock well by getting up and going to bed at the fixedtime every day. You _51_ take any daytime naps.
调整你的生物钟,每天固定时间起床,睡觉。最好不要睡午觉。
Develop a relaxing bedtime habit. Read or _52_ music, then take awarm bath. If you really can not sleep, try some bread, rice _53_ milk. They willhelp you fall asleep.
培养床上放松的好习惯。阅读或者听音乐,然后洗个热水澡。如果你真的不能入睡,吃点面包、米饭或者喝点牛奶。这些可以帮助你入睡。
Go for a daily walk. Natural light helps you to put your body clockinto correct habit, _54_ do exercise outdoor if you can.
每天散步。自然光有助与调节你的生物钟。如果可能的话,到户外去运动。
Forget the worries of the day. Write down any worries, thoughts orquestions before you go to ed. With these written down, you will have _55_ tothink about and your sleep will become easier.
忘掉一天中烦恼的事。上床之前,把烦恼的事、思绪或者问题写下来。把这些写下来之后你就可以少想事了。这样你入睡就更容易了。
46.  A. When         B. In case          C. If             D. As
47.  A. might         B. may            C. must           D. should
48.   A. affected      B. damaged         C. destroyed       D. endangered
49.  A. determined     B. make sure        C. watch out      D.look into
50.  A. sleeping       B. going tosleep     C. going to bed    D. falling asleep
51.  A. won’t         B. wouldn’tbetter    C. had better      D. had better not
52.  A. listen to       B. listen            C. hear           D. see
53.   A. and           B. or               C. with          D. on
54.  A. neither        B. but              C. so            D. however
55.  A. harder         B. fewer           C. more          D. less
第五部分:英译汉(满分15分)
56. In no other country in the world canyou find such plants as this one.
   像这种植物在世界上的其他任何一个国家中都找不到。
57. I was having a nap when suddenly thetelephone rang.
   我在睡觉的时,电话铃突然响了。
58. All that glitters is not gold.
   闪光的东西,未必都是金子。
59. He told me that he had lived in America for ten years before he came to China.
   他告诉我:在来中国前他在美国已生活十年了。
60. All things are difficult before theyare easy.
   凡事总是由难而易。
第六部分:写作(满分15分)
My Opinion on Cell Phones
1. 使用手机的好处
2. 使用手机的弊端
3. 我的看法
My Opinion on Cell Phones
Cell phones do play an important role in people’s daily life, butevery coin has its two sides.
手机确实在生活中扮演了重要的角色,但是硬币都有它的两面。
To start with, as a wireless mobile phone, it’s convenient for theuser at any time to contact others. Secondly, it’s a helpful companion. With amultifunctional cell phone in hand, one can easily surf the net, downloadingwhat he needs.
首先,作为无线的手机,对使用者来说无论何时都可以与别人联系很方便。第二,它是一个有用的伴侣。一款多功能的手机在手,人们可以方便得上网,下载需要的东西。
However, the cell phone has many disadvantages. For one thing, themachine itself is very expensive and its local service is very costly, not tomention its global service. For another, the radiation from the mobile phonesmight do harm to the user’s health.
然而,手机也有很多缺点。其一,这部机器本身很贵,而且本地服务费也很贵,就更不用说全球服务了。其二,手机的辐射对人体有害。
In my opinion, with its expenses being reduced sharply after China’s entryinto the WTO, its development will have a brighter future. Therefore itsadvantages will far outweigh it disadvantages.
我认为,在中国加入WTO以后手机的费用会急剧下调,它的发展也会面临更加光明的未来。所以它的优点多于缺点。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 学员注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|关于我们|Archiver|手机版|远程教育与网络教育网 ( 京ICP备08005910号-17|网站地图  

GMT+8, 2016-7-16 01:52 , Processed in 0.581132 second(s), 27 queries .