1977 Toronto International Film Festival
|Opening film||J.A. Martin Photographer|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Hosted by||Toronto International Film Festival Group|
|Festival date||September 9, 1977–September 18, 1977|
The 2nd Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) took place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada between September 9 and September 18, 1977. Retrospective of Quebec cinema was introduced and also Greek cinema was emphasized. J.A. Martin Photographer directed by Jean Beaudin was selected as the opening film.
- The Ascent by Larisa Shepitko
- L'Une chante, l'autre pas by Agnès Varda
- Stroszek by Werner Herzog
- Iphigenia by Michael Cacoyannis
- Jakob the Liar by Frank Beyer
- The Innocent by Luchino Visconti
- It Happened One Night by Frank Capra
- Duel by Steven Spielberg
- The Misfits by John Huston
- Nights of Cabiria by Federico Fellini
- It's a Wonderful Life by Frank Capra
- Lions Love by Agnès Varda
- Happy Day by Pantelis Voulgaris
- Lola Montès by Max Ophüls
- La Cecilia by Jean-Louis Comolli
- Letter from an Unknown Woman by Max Ophüls
- Burn! by Gillo Pontecorvo
- The Reckless Moment by Max Ophüls
- The Earrings of Madame de... by Max Ophüls
- J.A. Martin Photographer by Jean Beaudin
- Outrageous! by Richard Benner
- Ti-Cul Tougas, ou, Le bout de la vie by Jean-Guy Noël
- À tout prendre by Claude Jutra
- "TIFF: A history of opening nights". CBC News. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "Toronto International Film Festival". Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "TIFF History". Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "Censoring the Toronto International Film Festival". Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "1977 Toronto International Film Festival". Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "Taking a look back at TIFF". Retrieved October 12, 2013.