Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News Chat
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cocaine & Crack
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 03-11-2003, 21:32
A very strange person.

Male from United States
Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.
Points: 2,686, Level: 7 Points: 2,686, Level: 7 Points: 2,686, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Making crack cocaine with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) methods

Dear Friends:

There's something unexplainably wonderful about loading a yellow rock into glass and firing-up that first hit: listening to the sizzle of the rock and watching the resins melt down the edge of the glass. The combination of the smell and numbness followed by the headrush are nothing short of fantastic.

Having mentioned this, I must now point out that this post and all of the following data are submitted for informational purposes ONLY!

There are two ways to make "Crack"; one is the "baking soda" method (which is, by far, the most common), and the other is the "freebase" method, which is best for optimal potency.

-------- Baking Soda Method-------

MATERIALS:
1.) Lighter
2.) Glass Beaker
3.) Distilled Water
4.) Baking Soda
5.) Rubbing Alcohol

PREPARATION:
1.) Mix four-parts of coke to one-part of baking soda
in glass beaker. (Yes, that IS a 4:1 ratio) I've done it
by eye & found it's good not to exceed a 3:1 ratio.

2.) Begin adding a few drops of distilled water to the
mix, adding only enough to turn the powder into a
muddy sludge-like consistency. WARNING: Do NOT
add too much water or your coke will not harden up
in the cooling process.

3.) Drench the cotton ball with rubbing alcohol in a
thick metal or ceramic dish. Add only enough to
completely saturate the ball.

THE COOKING PROCESS,
PART 1:
1.) Use the lighter to ignite the alcohol in the cotton
ball.
2.) While the cotton ball is burning, heat the
coke-sludge by swirling the beaker above the tip of
the flame.
3.) Continue swirling until the substance comes to a
boil, then remove it from the flame to cool.
When your substance has cooled it should form a
clump of solid "rock-bubbles."

PART 2:
4.) Add more distilled water to the beaker, enough to
stand about 1/4 inch above the hardened bubbles.
5.) Re-heat the substance in the beaker. When
thoroughly heated you will see a yellow mass
floating in the center of the water as you continue to
swirl the beaker.
You don't need to boil it, just heat it up until the
hardened bubbles melt into a yellow coke-mass.

THE COOLING PROCESS:
1.) Once melted, remove the substance from the
flame.
2.) Continue swirling the beaker, (trying to keep the
yellow coke-blob in the center as you swirl) until the
water in the beaker has completely cooled.
3.) You should now have a solid yellow rock tinkling
around in your glass beaker. Remove the rock and
cut to desired proportions.

4.) Enjoy!!!: -)

Post Quality Reviews:
rating old posts, thought u deserved some credit for this
Best info I have found regarding this topic.
Excellent recipe-Woodman nails it!

Last edited by Woodman; 07-06-2006 at 22:23.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Male
Psilocybe S. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4

Okay, this is one of my tricks that i've come to find not a lot of people know.

First things first, as most of you know, you cannot very effectivly smoke/free base cocaine because it tends to burn rather than melt. Well I know a way to turn cocain into a freebase form..No not crack. Free Base Cocaine.

What you need:

1. At least a line of cocaine.(for the size of foil i will be explaining, you can use more, but i just usually use a line)

2.A few drops of water.

3.A little baking soda.(just a little bit)

4. A flat foil about the size of a CD case, buta little longer one way. REMEMBER: SHINEY SIDE DOWN.

What to do:

First, you take the foil and lay it flat on a table. Then you take your cocaine, which should be all crushed up and ready to snort, and put it in the middle of the foil.

Next, you take a small amount, about two "pinches", of baking soda and sprinkle it on the cocaine.

Now, take your fingers and dip them in water, and let aprox. 3-4 drops of water wet the cocaine and baking soda mixture.

Then, Take your index finger and smear the mixture over the entire DULL side of the foil. Just do this untill the foil is completly covered on this one side, dont over do it. Allow a moment to dry.

Now your foil is complete.

To smoke: Take a toot(straw, pin, rolled up dollar), and hold it over the foil, very close. Its almost like smoking meth. You put the flat foil on a table top, and let a portion of the foil hang off the side. You then quickly run a bic lighter along the bottom of the part sticking off the side of the table. (Make sure you leave a little extra hanging off the side so you dont burn the table with the lighter!!)This is to melt any extra baking soda. You then just start at the top of the foil, and as you burn it along the bottom, the coke will smoke just like meth, and you inhale the hit. Remember, hold it in as long as you can, like smoking a Kavv.

Doing coke this way intensifies the amped effect, and is a good way to concerve your cocaine. All you need is about a1 1/2" line on the foil to smoke, and then do a normal 1 1/2" line, and you'll be good. Plus smoking the coke this way, makes your make HELLA NUMB.

And I garentee you that this is an effective way of smoking cocaine, and is not a waste. I've been doing it for years. Try it and tell me how it works out for you all.

Again, I dont know how many people know about this, but here ya go.

~AdeK

Post Quality Reviews:
Swim has also used this method and it works great! Not many swiy's I know have ever heard of this.
excellent way when doing it properly, swim just tried it after a huge session and it it felt like the first line!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:51
Silver Member

Insane Asian is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 207, Level: 2 Points: 207, Level: 2 Points: 207, Level: 2
what is the difference in free base coke and crack?
Old 11-07-2004, 04:26

29 y/o Male
Psilocybe S. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4

I dunno, but you dont have to wait 24 hours forthe rocksto dryand become smokeable out of a crack pipe. You smoke it instantly. You'll be done with it all in like 5 mins.
Old 14-07-2004, 13:03

30 y/o Male
infamous.truth is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

um. first off, crack and freebase are two different forms of cocaine.

freebase cocaine is not the same as "free-basing" cocaine. the difference between freebase and crack is the purity and ingredients. crack is made with baking soda and cooked, freebase is made with ether and other chemicals.

freebase = form of cocaine cooked with ether, etc... (the process of making free base is very dangerous. ether is a combustable chemical and willl ignite at any moment.)

crack = rock form of cocaine cooked with baking soda...

did that clear anything up.?

infamous.truth
Old 21-09-2004, 22:28

johnwadd is an unknown quantity at this point
There are 2 forms of Cocaine, COke HCI and Cocaine Base. HCI can be snorted or injected, smoking it destroys the coke. Base can only be smoked. Most base in this country is made by stripping the HCI off and leaving the base. THis use to be done with ether and ammonia. Its now done mainly with baking soda and water. Crack is a form of base cocaine. "Freebase" is the same form of cocaine, but more pure. Your recipe is the same form, just less pure.
Old 29-10-2004, 21:32

36 y/o Male from Earth
nirvanaseedsuck is an unknown quantity at this point

helly everybody, ok this is the situation:

When i first started smoking crack i got it from a good friend of mine who made it by himself. At that time i wasn'T doing it very often,like one or two times on a month. Now, I'm doing it like almost every weekend,which is also ok for me. My friend died in an car accident two month before. Now i'm gettin my crack from a guy who is actually an asshole, i don't like him.

So I'm thinking about making it for myself....

If found a few topics and stuff but I still have some questions:

1)Everybody refeers to a topic called This is how to make crack but i can't find this topic! did it get deleted? I found a topic called Any tips on making freebase where woodman explains it quiet simple.

2) I'm planning on doing it like this (I'm think i'll do everything in a spoon, or is a small can or something better?):

I mix one part of coke with one part with the soda. The i add just a little bit of water so the mixture can swim in the water. (or is this already too much of water???)The i'll heat it using a lighter until boiling bubbles form for about 5 seconds then I'll remove the spoon from the lighter.

So another question: At this stage what does the product look like? how will i know i'Ve done everything right?has anyone a picture of it something like that so i know what it should look like? I hear people saying it looks like oil. is this correct? is it only one piece of oil of a few pieces? if so how can i push it together for form one piece?

Woodman says at this part:

The 2nd heating stage is to turn the rock bubbles into a solid rock.
If made right, crack hardens as it cools. For this stage, you add just enough water for the reheated blob of coke-goo to be able to swim in until it can cool and hardened up into a solid Mass. About 1/4"-1/2" of water should do.

So what do i have to do here? should the product i got remain in the spoon an then i'll add again just a little bit of water so the "product" can swim in it? what means 1/4"? how much is this in ml?

soi heat the spoon again at this stage? how long???? when should i stop heating and what does it look like when i finished heating?

last question: after the second step should i just leave it on the spoon until it hardens ? how long do you think would it take?

alright, i hope some of you can/are willing to help me, and i hope it will work out because i don'T want to waste too much coke as it's so god damn expensive

and sorry for my bad english, english is not my mother-tongue, i hope you understood everything
Old 01-11-2004, 09:43
Titanium Member

52 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaseedsuck

So another question: At this stage what does the product look like? how will i know i'Ve done everything right?has anyone a picture of it something like that so i know what it should look like? I hear people saying it looks like oil. is this correct? is it only one piece of oil of a few pieces? if so* how can i push it together for form one piece?
Yep, what it looks like is bubbles of clear oil floating on top. One big bubble if it's quality stuff & you used enough, otherwise several bubbles. If the quality is really poor, a lot of tiny scattered bubbles (in that case, telephone your dealer & start screaming ).

One technique is just to dab at the bubble(s) with a butter knife... they will stick to the cold metal and harden. Keep dabbing until you see no more oil. Then scrape off the knife. After that, add a bit more soda & cook one final time (in case you missed anything). You can then discard the liquid in the spoon.

If you're feeling unsure, just use a small amount the first time (like 3 or 4 small lines worth). Takes a bit of practice, but it ain't rocket science.

Disclaimer -- I don't use cola at all & don't recommend it either, this is for informational purposes only. Edited by: Nicaine
Old 01-11-2004, 21:41
A very strange person.

Male from United States
Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.Woodman must live here.
Points: 2,686, Level: 7 Points: 2,686, Level: 7 Points: 2,686, Level: 7
nirvanaseedsuck,

I would use a glass vial, not a spoon, and the proper
ratio is 4 parts coke to one part soda.

After the second heating you can actually let the blob
settle to the bottom of the glass where it will become
stuck to the glass as it cools and hardens.

You can remove it by submerging the bottom of the
vial in some hot water. This will break the bond by
heating the glass and melting the crack that is in
contact with the glass. Don't melt too much, though,
just enough to release the crack otherwise
overexposure to heat will turn the hardened rock
back into a soft blob.Edited by: woodman
Old 02-11-2004, 07:48
Titanium Member

Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
I always had good luck with the spoon & butter knife technique, but then again I really only cooked to test quality (most of the time), and in small amounts. Could be too tedious & messy if you plan to do it regularly, woodman probably has the better technique.

Personally I wouldn't have the patience to let the water cool & the stuff harden by itself tho... Edited by: Nicaine
Old 05-03-2005, 08:13

51 y/o
badger2565 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
I'm confused about the container.You said to put a hole in the bottom of the container to seperate the water from the lighter fluid and coke.So what kind of container are we talking about.Can't be glass, how would you put a hole in it ?
Old 14-04-2005, 20:08
Mercury Member

Male from Belgium
Silonco needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
that's the same, the maximum of coke I take to convert intocrack is 1 gram, I smoke it up and then just make my other gramsmokeable.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:30
Titanium Member

I'd like to add a "quick & dirty" method. Best used when only making a small quantity, as in less than 1/8 gram cola used. Usually much less. Works well with very small quantities, down to a single line's worth. With a little experience, can be used to judge quality of powder.

MATERIALS:
1.) Lighter
2.) Medium sized spoon
3.) Butter Knife (chilled in freezer first will be more effective)
4.) Water
5.) Baking Soda

Pre-Preparation:

* You should have a source of bright light so you can see what you're doing. Also something to set the spoon down on, so you don't get carbon from the bottom all over everything.

PREPARATION:

1.) Add the cola to the spoon, along with a pinch of baking soda -- just a small pinch will do ya. Add enough water to cover, about 1/3 spoonful. Stir with a toothpick if you like.

2.) Heat the mixture with the lighter, until boiling. Move the lighter around under the spoon, let the mixture boil hard several times.

3.) With the light shining on the spoon, look for globulets of oil floating in the water. Dab at them with the end of the butter knife until they stick and begin to harden. Dab quickly, so you don't re-dissolve what sticks to the knife. Practice makes perfect.

4.) When you've gotten all you can, scrape the dried material off the butter knife. This is crack. It won't be in neat little rocks, but irregular shaped pieces.

5.) Add a little more baking soda (and water if needed), and repeat steps 1-3 without adding more cola, until you see no more oil. Usually just one repeat will do the trick. Discard whatever's left in the spoon.

Optional - add a little cool water after step (2) to cool the oil a bit so it sticks better.

Optional - use a fan to dry the material on the butter knife faster.

Optional -- use ammonia instead of baking soda & water. This will require you to let the end result dry for much longer, lest you smoke nasty ammonia fumes. Recommend a half hour drying time at least. This method is probably a bit more efficient though, since it uses a stronger base.

Disclaimer -- I haven't done this in years, but know it works well. Recommend you don't smoke crack!Edited by: Nicaine

Post Quality Reviews:
some good information here
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaine
I'd like to add a "quick & dirty" method. Best used
when only making a small quantity, as in less than 1/8 gram cola used.
Usually much less. Works well with very small quantities, down to a
single line's worth. With a little experience, can be used to judge
quality of powder.

MATERIALS:

1.) Lighter

2.) Medium sized spoon

3.) Butter Knife (chilled in freezer first will be more effective)

4.) Water

5.) Baking Soda

Pre-Preparation:

* You should have a source of bright light so you can see what
you're doing. Also something to set the spoon down on, so you don't get
carbon from the bottom all over everything.

PREPARATION:

1.) Add the cola to the spoon, along with a pinch of baking soda --
just a small pinch will do ya. Add enough water to cover, about 1/3
spoonful. Stir with a toothpick if you like.

2.) Heat the mixture with the lighter, until boiling. Move the
lighter around under the spoon, let the mixture boil hard several
times.

3.) With the light shining on the spoon, look for globulets of oil
floating in the water. Dab at them with the end of the butter knife
until they stick and begin to harden. Dab quickly, so you don't
re-dissolve what sticks to the knife. Practice makes perfect.

4.) When you've gotten all you can, scrape the dried material off
the butter knife. This is crack. It won't be in neat little rocks, but
irregular shaped pieces.

5.) Add a little more baking soda (and water if needed), and repeat
steps 1-3 without adding more cola, until you see no more oil. Usually
just one repeat will do the trick. Discard whatever's left in the
spoon.

Optional - add a little cool water after step (2) to cool the oil a bit so it sticks better.

Optional - use a fan to dry the material on the butter knife faster.

Optional -- use ammonia instead of baking soda & water. This
will require you to let the end result dry for much longer, lest you
smoke nasty ammonia fumes. Recommend a half hour drying time at least.
This method is probably a bit more efficient though, since it uses a
stronger base.

Disclaimer -- I haven't done this in years, but know it works well. Recommend you don't smoke crack!

No offense, but the baking soda "method" pretty much blows.

You will end up with an end product which A) is porus, and B) is loaded
with bicarb. The end result would be street quality bottom line product.

I could make a comment about the baking soda (BS!!!) method, but will refrain in this public forum.

If you really want to "test a line" or for that matter, convert an eight-ball, use ammonia.

Simpler, faster, easier, cheaper, more effective, well, guess I said it all....

Be safe, and good luck....

Old 06-01-2006, 23:04

Male
powderhead55 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 182, Level: 2 Points: 182, Level: 2 Points: 182, Level: 2
Quick crack

ok i remember a long time ago b4 i was into coke i remember readin a thing tht said a quick way to make crack was to light a candle and put ur coke and the baking soda onto a spoon in a ?4:1? ratio and just wait till it looks oily, then u stir it with a pin or something and then add a little more water and let it dry, does this work cuz it sounds so much easier than the whole beaker deal especially since its only gonna be a small amt (like a half gram)? im thinkin about makin it just because i've seen ppl smoke crack and its only a small amt so i figured it'd be more cost efficient
Old 06-01-2006, 23:07

29 y/o Male
IHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way up
Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4
That is the process to freebase cocaine. it is a 1:2 ratio tho.

Last edited by IHrtHalucingens; 06-01-2006 at 23:25.
Old 31-01-2006, 01:41

30 y/o Male
acidfiend should review received reputation comments.
Cooking crack for dummies

This is a recipe i found on erowid and also on numerous other sites.

mix 2 parts ok coke HCL for 1 part baking soda in 20 ml of
water. Heat solution gently until white precipitates form, and stop
heating when precipitation stops. Filter and keep precipitate. wash
precipitate once with water (this procedure usually omitted in street
product). Dry 24 hours under heat lamp. Voila. The product is much
less pure (there is lots of baking soda left) but the procedure is
safer.

now call me an idiot but even this confuses me.

"mix 2 parts ok coke HCL for 1 part baking soda in 20 ml of water"

this could meen anything. what so if i put 2pts of coke and 1pt (1/10 of a gram) into 20mls of water it would work. i doubt it.

and what the hell is a precipitate?

every recipe i come accross is very vague and the post "this is how to make crack" on this forum was understandable but every reply to the post was negative saying it wouldnt work or it was crap.

if someone could please take the time to explaine the baking soda procedure for an idiot i would be grateful. i plane on cooking about 1g of ching

thanks heaps

Post Quality Reviews:
self incriminating
Old 31-01-2006, 01:55

Ace is an unknown quantity at this point
if i'm not mistaken, 1g of cocaine should dissolve and form a quite concentrated solution in 10mL of water. So "mix 2 parts ok coke HCL for 1 part baking soda in 20 ml of water" could mean take 2g's of coke + 1g baking soda and mix in 20mL of water.

Or it could just mean that you should always keep the ratio of 2:1 of coke:baking soda, no matter the ammount, although if it's to be done in 20mL of water, than im assuming no more than 2g of cocaine is used (if 2g would even totally dissolve. If not then use less)... yea, somewhat confusing. So since you wanna cook 1g coke, mix it with 0.5g baking soda in 20mL of water, that should work.

"Heat solution gently until white precipitates form, and stop
heating when precipitation stops. Filter and keep precipitate. wash
precipitate once with water"

the precipitate is the solid that is formed after the reaction, or more commonly known among drug users as crack. simply put, precipitate = crack rocks. (im assuming you couldve figured that out with a dictionary, but its all good.)

Good luck.
Old 30-03-2006, 22:19

Male
pokergod0588 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 810, Level: 4 Points: 810, Level: 4 Points: 810, Level: 4
Can You Use Too Much Water When Making Crack?

when making crack (the baking soda method) can you use too much water? SWIM is only looking to make one dose on a spoon to see if he likes it, not like a full gram with a vial and all that shit
i just think it would be easier to remove the precipitate off the top without taking the excess baking soda that falls to the bottom, if there was as much water as possible
Old 04-04-2006, 05:38

Male from United States
korky8097 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3
i can never get a nice rock when i use too much water, but i am like you, i just cook up one dose on occasion. I use just enough water to cover the coke and soda. Faster too.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:49
Retired

Male from United States
Sitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,617, Level: 8 Points: 3,617, Level: 8 Points: 3,617, Level: 8
Yes you can use to much water...it is the key to success...

Just use enough water to make like a thick paste type consistency...
Old 20-09-2006, 23:27
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
SWIM has a question that might benefit other members. SWIM doesnt plan on cooking up any crack, he is just wondering about one detail of this TEK.

The ratio of coke to baking soda should be approx 1:4 but what if your coke is only 50% pure. That would seriously throw off your ratio. What should be done to accomodate for this?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:03
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
Danc9552003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
SWIM has never cooked it, but he thinks most times people cook it they don't have anywhere near 90% pure cola, so he's guessing the 1:4 ratio would be pretty close the 50% you're talking about
Old 06-10-2006, 02:06

Male from United States
jdrug is a decent psychonaut.
Recooking Crack to [slightly] Improve Quality

I know there are some methods and threads about washing, purifying, and cleaning up cocaine and crack, but I wonder if someone can explain what is wrong with the following simple method (hypothetically of course):

(Assuming the rock is made with sodium bicarbonate and not some other method.)

1) Slowly recook rock until it softens or just barely boils
2) The crack turns to oil and the other crap doesn't
3) Swirl to collect oil in a glob
4) Add cold water or a piece of ice
5) Remove water
6) The remaining glob will harden into crack as it becomes dry

Of course what is left will be much less than was started with, but is there a major flaw in this concept? Some of the crack may vaporize when re-heating, but certainly not all, right?

Is this just a plain stupid idea?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:20

Male from United States
fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2
as long as the cocaine freebase's boiling point is lower than the impurities' then you will be successful in yeilding some very pure cocaine this way.

Share this on:

Tags
crack, crack cocaine, making crack and freebase cocaine