We’ll be sorry to see you go, but if you need to move your domains to another registrar, it’s a straight forward process. Before you start, there are three things you’ll need to do: make sure your contact details are up to date, get the transfer authorisation code for the domain and check that private registration is turned off and the domain is unlocked.
To update take care of these steps, you should start by logging into your MyAccount. Then do the following:
1. Go to “Manage Domain Names”
2. Double-click on the domain in question to go to the management screen
3. You will see an option to view the Auth Code (the domain key for most domain spaces) in the upper left of the screen. Click “Show” and make a note of the code
4. Underneath this you will see the lock status and private registration status. The domain needs to be unlocked and private registration turned off before the domain can transfer.
5. You will see the domain contact details on the right of the screen. Make sure these are up to date.
So far, so good? Great.
The next step is to initiate the transfer process. This is done by the new registrar, so you will need to give them the Auth code you obtained earlier. Once the process is begun, an email will arrive at the admin contact for the domain – this is why it’s important to make sure it’s an address you have access to. In the email will be a link asking you to click to accept. You need to accept the transfer request by clicking the link.
Once this is done, the transfer will typically take around five days to complete from the time of accepting the transfer link.