Go to Kentucky.gov home page


Financial AssistanceHaving trouble paying the bills?
Check out the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program.

Help available for mothers and children
See WIC, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.

High utility bills?
Apply for the Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program or contact the Public Service Commission for consumer assistance.

Need help paying for groceries?
See if you qualify for food stamps.

Have you served in the military?
You may be eligible for Services, Assistance and Earned Benefits.

Have banking concerns?
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation posts information and data on banks.

Unsure about an investor or investment product?
Contact the Department for Financial Institutions before investing or borrowing.

Have you gotten your tax credits?
Check out the Earned Income Tax Credit, a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families.  Also, learn about Kentucky Tax Credits.


Staying HealthyCan’t afford to see the doctor?
The Kentucky Medicaid program provides medical assistance to individuals meeting eligibility requirements.

Need health insurance for your children?
Check out the Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program.

Can’t afford your medication?
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program helps seniors decide which Medicare plan is right for them.

Feeling extra family stress?
Here’s a county-by-county list of mental health hotline numbers, and the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for help.

Need help getting to your doctor’s appointments?
The Human Services Transportation Delivery is available to help certain disabled and elderly Kentuckians.


Taking Care of Kentucky's KidsNeed health insurance for your children?
Check out the Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program.

Assistance needed for child care?
See if the Child Care Assistance Program can help.

Get help paying for college
Read about student financial aid at the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority or GoHigherKY.org.

Help available for mothers and children
WIC, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.

New or expectant parent?
See if the HANDS program can help.

Need help collecting child support?
Child Support Enforcement helps children receive financial support from both parents.


In danger of foreclosure?
The Kentucky Homeownership Protection Center can connect you with counseling.

Looking for homelessness assistance and connections?
Check out the Kentucky Housing Corporation's Homeless Resource Guide.


Lost your job?
Click here for information about Kentucky’s Unemployment Insurance program.

Find a Kentucky Career Center near you.

Having trouble finding work?
Kentucky Career Centers are designed to give job seekers and employers access to necessary services.

Are you a veteran in need of job placement services?

The Ticket to Work Program offers SSA disability beneficiaries greater choice in work-related services.

The Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center provides services to disabled individuals.

The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation helps disabled Kentuckians achieve suitable employment and independence.

The Kentucky Office for the Blind (toll-free at 877-KYBLIND) helps with job placement to all qualifying Kentuckians and employers. 

Check out the Senior Community Service Employment Program.

Having trouble getting to work?
Below are several links to ease your commute:

Kentucky Unbridled Spirit