Español  |  Bulgarian  |  Português  |  Hmong  |      


Welcome to the Superior Court of Humboldt County.

Home of the Redwoods

Court News & Notices

Effective January 1, 2017
Proposed Local Rules - Posted for Comment

Updated September 6, 2016
HR - Employment Opportunities

Posted August 19, 2016
Public Notice: Trial Court Allocations

Effective July 1, 2016
Humboldt 2016 Fee Schedule

Effective June 1, 2016
PUBLIC NOTICE – Temporary Closure of Garberville Court Location

Effective January 1, 2016
Humboldt 2016 Felony Bail Schedule

Effective January 1, 2016
Humboldt Court Schedule - 2016

Effective July 1, 2014
Ex Parte Hearing Schedule (Local Rule 2.8)

Take our survey!

How Are We Doing?

Let us know by completing our Strategic Planning Customer Survey .

Locations & Contact Information

Humboldt County Courthouse

825 Fifth Street, Eureka, CA 95501

Clerk’s Office: Case Inquiries, Filing, or Payment Questions
421 “I” Street, Eureka, CA  95501
Office Hours:  9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Phone: (707) 445-7256;
Fax: (707) 441-4500


Info By Division


Adoptions are filed at the Family Court Operations office window located at the 421 I Street entrance of the courthouse. Visit our Adoption section for information about adoption of either minors or adults.


A non-prevailing party in a case may ask a higher court to review the decision in their case and determine if the decision was correct.

Civil Division

The Civil Division of the court handles cases where one party sues another to recover money or property, enforce a contract, collect damages, or protect civil rights. Petitions to change names and various writs are also handled by the Civil Division.


A criminal case is a proceeding in which someone is charged with a public offense (i.e., with committing a crime), evidence is presented on both sides, and a decision is made as to the person's guilt.

Family Law

Family Court Services serves parties who need to file for Dissolution, Separation or Nullity of Marriage; Establishment of Parental Relationship, Petitions for Custody and Support, Motions for Child Custody, Support, or Visitation, Support Enforcement, Guardianship of Minors, Adoption, or who seek protection from Domestic Violence, Civil Harassment, Workplace Violence or Elder Abuse.


Guardianship is a court proceeding in which a judge gives someone who is not the parent custody of a child, or the power to manage the child's property (called "estate"), or both.

The Civil Self-Help Center can assist you with completing the paperwork to ask the court for Guardianship of the Person of a minor child


Juvenile Delinquency cases are located at the Family Court Services window located at the 421 I Street entrance of the courthouse. Juvenile Delinquency cases, as defined under Welfare and Institutions, involve any persons under the age of 18 (minors) who are accused of violations of any law of the state or of the United States, or minors who are habitually disobedient or truant.

Probate & Conservatorship

Probate and Conservatorship matters address a person’s finances upon death or the care of an adult person that is unable to care for themselves or their finances. Probate cases address a person’s estate, resolve debts, and distribute the remaining property/monies to heirs or beneficiaries. Conservatorship cases appoint caregivers to care for a person and their finances.

Small Claims & Unlawful Detainers

Small claims cases are lawsuits that do not exceed $10,000 and are resolved quickly and inexpensively with relatively simple and informal rules.

An unlawful detainer matter is a case in which a landlord seeks to evict a tenant.


The Traffic Division handles only Infraction matters for Traffic violations, Fish & Game violations, local city and county ordinances, boating, and dog/animal citations. Note: driving under the influence (DUI) violations are handled through the Criminal Division.

Our Mission

The mission of Superior Court of California, County of Humboldt is to provide for the resolution of disputes and enforcement of our laws in a manner appropriate to the needs of our community and society.

Self-Help Center

Centro de ayuda

© 2016 Superior Court of the County of Humboldt