Hafa Adai!The Live Health Guam website is a medium of the Department of Public Health and Social Services to provide information of services available to you. We hope that you find our resources useful and helpful
The First Lady Christine M.S. Calvo
Zumba® with Christine Camacho
Exercise Video with Melvin Brillantes
Nine simple drills that balance your entire body, so you're strong and flexible from head to toe. A physique that has perfect symmetry starts with what you can't see in the mirror. Work out your weak links -- the differences in strength and flexibility between your left and right side, your upper and lower body, and your front and back halves -- and "you can sculpt an incredible form," says Gray Cook, a physical therapist and the author of Athletic Body in Balance.
Fitness Video with Dr. Benjie Santiago
It's true. You really are what you eat. And that's why some days you end up feeling more like a cream-filled Twinkie than the lean cut of beef you aspire to.
Yoga Video with Claire Calvo
I find exercise to be one of the greatest things a person can do for their health. The human body is designed to walk, run, jump, and dance. Basically we were made to move. Unfortunately we spend most of our time sitting. Some of the most common places are your desk, in front of the TV, and the computer.
Exercise Video with Jesse Rosario
Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them. Lee Haney
- Genes May Dictate Your Love -- or Hate -- of ExerciseResearcher says some people don't get the pleasurable effects from activity that others do
- 7 Post-Workout Moves to Get Fit FasterWant to optimize your recovery and propel your future workouts to the next level? Make these post-workout practices a regular part of your regimen.
- Do Activity Trackers Like Fitbit Boost Health?If you own one of the devices, 'the news isn't good,' researcher says
- Bring the Gym to You, Stream Your WorkoutGet your fitness fix anywhere, anytime by steaming your workout.
- Exercise May Cut Alcohol Health RisksExercise may offset the increased death associated with drinking large amounts of alcohol, new data suggest.
- Preseason Practice Heat Risky for Football PlayersCoaches, trainers need to be aware of heat illness symptoms, study suggests
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Stave Off DementiaSedentary seniors more likely to suffer mental decline, study finds
- McDonalds Pulls Fitness Trackers From Happy MealsMcDonalds Pulls Fitness Trackers From Happy Meals
- Genes May Dictate Your Love -- or Hate -- of Exercise
- Why This Fitness Blogger Is Showing Off Her Belly RollsA new post by Foodie Girl Fitness proves self-acceptance is everything.
- Your Phone Is Covered in Molecules That Reveal Personal Lifestyle SecretsResearchers were able to pinpoint personal-care products that hadn't been used in six months.
- Amy Schumer Posted About Loving Your Body and It Is PerfectionSchumer’s always there to remind us that we are perfect just the way we are.
- If You Do This Before Bed, Your Sleep Will Seriously SufferTry this the next time you have trouble falling asleep.
- Repealing The Affordable Care Act Could Be More Complicated Than It LooksPromising to make the law go away and actually figuring out how to do it are two very different things.
- A Helpful (and Realistic) Way to Manage Your Post-Election EmotionsIf you're feeling anxious, mindfulness might help you manage the stress.
- Why This Fitness Blogger Is Showing Off Her Belly Rolls
- A Walk a DayThe popularity of walking as a fitness activity is growing by leaps and bounds. Low risk and easy to start, walking has proved its health benefits in numerous studies. A classic eight-year study of ...
- Alcohol Eats Away at Muscle MassIf increasing muscle mass is one of your goals, then think twice before you go out for a night of heavy drinking. Consuming alcohol in large quantities has a direct effect on your metabolism, causing ...
- Battling BoredomAre you finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning for your daily walk? Are you making up excuses to skip the gym on the way home? Even the most dedicated exercisers occasionally get bore...
- Be a Savvy Fitness ShopperThe benefits of exercise are well-researched and well-documented. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case with advertising claims for exercise equipment. Some advertisers claim—without ...
- Beat the Heat Before It Beats YouIt’s summertime and you head out for a run. Before you even finish the first mile, your body feels as though it might ignite from the heat. It’s not your imagination. Fifteen minutes int...
- Couch Potatoes AriseWhen most of us think of ways to improve our health and lower our risk for disease, activities like aerobic exercise and resistance training come to mind. But that’s really only part of the stor...
- Cross-training for Fun and FitnessTired of the same old workout? Looking for a level of fitness that your current exercise routine can’t offer? Are you experiencing nagging injuries that just don’t seem to heal?...
- Diggin’ in the DirtEver notice your neighbor’s well-kept yard? The details are hard to miss: grass that never strays taller than two inches, bright flowers that go unthreatened by overzealous weeds, colorful veget...
- A Walk a Day