Office of Workforce Performance and Development
The Office of Workforce Performance and Development (WPD) facilitates high performance through workforce performance management and manages Library-wide learning and development initiatives and programs.
- The Library is accepting applications for the 2017 Career Development Program. The deadline for completed applications is December 16, 2016. Click here for additional application information and make 2017 a year for learning and development.
- The Library has released a new version of the online required course “Ethics and Standards of Conduct.” All Library employees, and all contractors and volunteers who work onsite at the Library, are required to take this course by January 31, 2017. The OGC website contains FAQs about the course. .
- The Library has released two new courses about telework for employees and supervisors:
Telework Basics for Supervisors is designed to teach Library managers and supervisors how to implement a successful staff telework program by selecting qualified employees and managing their telework activities.
Telework Basics for Employees is designed to teach Library employees who wish to telework their responsibilities and qualifications for participating in telework.
- In support of the Phased Retirement program, the Knowledge Transfer Working Group has developed a website with knowledge transfer resources. Click here to view the resources.
- Upcoming Required Courses for Managers and Supervisors:
Dealing with Performance Problems - November 16, 2016
Dealing with Conduct Problems - November 17, 2016
Planning and Appraising Performance - November 30-December 1, 2016
Labor Relations - December 6, 2016
Most Requested Resources
In partnership with Library units, the OCOO’s mission is to provide efficient and effective infrastructure services that support all aspects of the Library’s mission.
Achieve best practices and optimize support of Library requirements through methodical operations, continuous improvement, and innovation.
The Center for Learning and Development
Consists of LOC SkillPort and the Online Learning Center which provide training resources that develop Library-wide competencies.
Online Learning Center (OLC)
Need a quiet place to take an online course? Our computer lab is open daily from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. in LM-654.