Transfer the care of an injured worker

Beginning January 2013, certain medical providers must be in our network to care for injured workers (including those employed by self-insured businesses) beyond the initial office or emergency-room visit. Find out if you should join the network and how to apply here.
If you practice out-of-state, click here learn what you need to do to become a non-network provider for L&I.

Before you begin, you will need:

  • Your L&I claim number
  • Date of injury
  • Your new provider's L&I Provider ID number
    (Look it up here)
  • Date of appointment with your new provider

To use this system:

1. You will need to be an attending provider within the L&I Medical Provider Network
2. If you are an out of state attending provider, you will need an L&I Provider ID number

Before you begin, you will need the injured worker's:

  • L&I claim number
  • First and last name
  • Date of birth
  • Date of injury

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

  © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve