Office of Information Technology-Architecture, Strategy, and Design (ASD)
You served your nation with honor. Now, let VA serve you.
VA offers benefits that can improve the lives of Veterans and their families. Some benefits may also be available to active-duty Servicemembers.
Ending Veteran Homelessness
For VA, even one Veteran without safe and stable housing is one too many. During the holiday season, get in touch with your local Veterans Service Organization to see how you can help homeless Vets.
Connect with VA
With all 152 VA Medical Centers on Facebook, and many on Twitter, you can connect with VA on the platforms you're on, including YouTube and Flickr.
Dr. Tibbits, a Senior Executive Service member, is currently the Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) for Architecture, Strategy, and Design under the Office of Information and Technology. Prior to that, he was the DCIO for Enterprise Development. Dr. Tibbits led the Transformation-21 Work Group to set in place the IT organization, processes, projects, and knowledge management tools necessary to prepare VA to operate in the 21st century. His tenure with the VA started in December 2006. Read More »
The Office of Architecture, Strategy, and Design (ASD) is responsible for managing and creating standards for implementing Information Technology (IT) solutions that serve Veterans while exercising proper stewardship of resources.
- Provide policies, guidance, and governance to ensure IT programs and projects meet VA architecture constraints
- Promote agility by streamlining processes and eliminating redundant IT systems
- Integrate technical, business, and data architecture
- Use knowledge management to acquire and retain knowledge and improve information sharing across OIT
- Create forward looking IT strategy