Call our UK Immigration Solicitors:

☎ 02071830570

LEXLAW, 4 Middle Temple Lane, Middle Temple (Inn of Court), London EC4Y 9AA

UK Marriage / Spouse Visa

A UK Marriage Visa or a Spouse visa allows foreign nationals who are married (or in a civil partnership) to a British citizen, or a person who has settlement status in the UK to enter or remain in the UK. If you are based outside of the UK you will need to apply for Entry Clearance in order to join your spouse/civil partner in the UK. The visa will be granted for two years after which time you can apply for further leave to remain, Indefinite Leave to Remain and Naturalization as a British Citizen.

 The  Home Office has introduced a stringent criteria which you will need to meet in order to make a successful visa application. There is an extensive amount of documentary evidence you will need to provide in order to support the fact that you are in a genuine relationship and that you meet the financial requirements as set by the government. Most applications are refused because applicants have not been able to fully substantiate this.

If you wish to apply for a Spouse/Marriage visa we can help you with your application and queries. Our expert team of lawyers can assist you with the preparation of your visa application and ensure that you meet with all the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules. We will ensure that all key points are substantiated with documentary evidence thereby leading to a successful application and avoiding unnecessary expense of re submitting your application to the Home Office.

Qualifying criteria for UK Marriage or Spouse Visas

In order to obtain a Marriage or Spouse Visa you must:

What happens once you are in the UK on a UK Marriage or Spouse Visa

UK Marriage Visas are granted for an initial five year period following which you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (ILR) and British nationality. With a UK Marriage Visa you may bring your dependents (for example your children) with you to the UK. You must, however be able to financially support them for their entire stay. You will be able to take up employment in the UK as soon as the document is granted without the need to arrange a UK Work Permit. With a UK Marriage Visa there are no restrictions upon the type of work that can be undertaken.

Why we provide the best legal advice for UK Marriage or Spouse Visa applications

We are a UK Solicitors law firm and are fully authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and as a professional law firm are completely exempt from requiring authorisation by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). Many businesses offering immigration services are only OISC regulated and as such are not professional legal organisations such as Solicitors firms or Barristers’ chambers. OISC businesses are not allowed to do legal work before the Courts such as Judicial Review or statutory challenges of Home Office decisions. Also as a professional organisation our policy is not to employ sales staff to give you “advice” (all our telephone consultations are handled by lawyers). We are often instructed at immigration appeal stages in cases that ‘immigration businesses’ have dealt with and which were clearly hopeless applications at the outset. When you instruct us, qualified immigration solicitors or immigration barristers work on your case from the outset when it matters the most in order to ensure no time and money is wasted and more importantly that no mistakes are made.

As a leading law firm with a track record of success, you can be assured your immigration matter is in safe hands and that the best strategy for your case will be adopted. It is crucial that you seek specialist legal advice at the outset and prior to making any type of immigration application. We can assist your with your applications for any type of Visa or permit and any form of leave to remain (or for entry clearance) under the points based system. We ensure our clients comply with the Immigration Rules and the strict requirements of the Home Office prior to making an application, thereby eliminating much of the stress of the application process.

Contact us for successful UK Marriage or Spouse Visa applications

Our team of experienced and professionally qualified solicitors and barristers will be able to guide you through the process step by step and limit the possibility of failure by complying with the strict letter of the law. Please always call us for a free telephone assessment and free case assessment even if you wish to consider other advisers.

Our Immigration Experts are able to give specialist legal information and advice in this area of law. To contact one of our Immigration Solicitors or Immigration Barristers please complete our legal case assessment form and we will get in touch or call us now on 0845 8622 529 fpr a free telephone assessment and free case assessment.

Call us on ☎ 0207 1830 570 or email us on for more information about the legal services we provide. Our team of London lawyers are based in Middle Temple adjacent to the Royal Courts of Justice. We are committed to providing professional and specialist legal advice.