Annual Photos & Videos Contest
Each year we plan to hold our annual photo/video contest to be awarded during our 2016 holiday party. We know there are some great photographers in the club, and this is a chance to pick out your best shots and let them shine! We want to make sure to give you plenty of time to search through your pictures, or get out there and take that once-in-a-lifetime shot! Photos/videos should be from this year (2016).
The Contest rules are:
There are 5 categories:
- Marine Life – Any subject of a marine animal.
- Macro – Usually small animals/plants taken very close with some magnification.
- Diver in Photo – A photograph of a diver(s) in the marine environment.
- Topside – A photo taken of a subject related to diving, but not underwater.
- Video – A short (60 sec. max.) video clip of any diving related subject matter.
Entries are limited to 2 per person in any given category. Substitutions of entries in categories to offset single entries in other categories is not permitted (i.e., a person cannot submit 3 entries in one category and 1 in another, only 2 maximum in any given category are allowed).
- Submissions must be the sole work of the person submitting the entry.
- Some minimal editing of content is permissible. Some examples are, but not limited to: backscatter removal, white balance, color/exposure correction, conversion to black/white, etc. Editing a photograph to add content not present in the original photograph (e.g., adding a diver to a photo where no diver was actually present) is NOT permitted.
- Photos are to be submitted in high resolution (e.g., 1240 x 1748 or higher), JPG format is preferred.
- Do NOT use watermarks or other means of identifying the photographer/videographer on photo or video submissions. All entries will be judged by the membership and are to be anonymous during the judging period. Entries with watermarks, etc. will not be accepted.
- Video submissions may only be a maximum of 60 seconds.
- Video resolution of 1280 x 720 minimum is recommended, MPEG-4 or AVI format is preferred.
- Videos may be comprised of a single clip, or a group of shorter clips mixed together.
- Any audio background (e.g., music) of a video clip must be the work of the entrant, or must be licensed to the entrant (i.e., royalty-free). Use of copyrighted material without the artists’ written permission is prohibited.
- Submissions must have been taken from Nov. 1, 2015 to October 31, 2016.
- All entries are due by 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2016.
To Submit Entries:
- Use the Dropbox link we mailed to the Club
- E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing a CD/DVD/Memory Stick with submissions to the club PO box at
Pacific Explorers Dive Club
re: Photo Contest
PO Box 9443
Canoga Park, CA 91306
NOTE: If submitting via mail to PO Box, entries must be delivered to the box by 11:59 p.m. on 10/31/2016.
- Winning entries may be posted on the Pacific Explorers website, and the participants grant the club permission to do so without limitation by submitting an entry to the contest.
- Entries will be judged online by the club membership. Contest winners will be awarded at the club’s annual Holiday Party in December.
- Let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to seeing a ton of great photos!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
- Write the name and number of only one picture from each category:
Diver in Photo —
Marine Life ——
- Only one vote per member per subject.
Looking for our past years Contest Entries?