Learn how Justice Assistance Grant funds are being used to support Rape Aggression Defense Training in Alachua County, FL in a recently posted success story.
National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW) -- April 2-8, 2017
Visit the NCVRW site to:
- access the Resource Guide artwork, posters, and web artwork in English and Spanish
- see the color palette
- sign up for the NCVRW mailing list
OJP Funding Now Available
OJP bureaus and offices have begun releasing solicitations for FY 2017 funding programs. Visit the OJP Funding Resource Center to learn about these and future opportunities.
Register to Stay Informed
Join the NCJRS community to stay informed about new publications, grants and funding opportunities, and other news and announcements.
Register now to receive emails from the federal sponsors.
Teen Dating Violence Resources Available
During Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month, see the Teen Dating Violence Special Feature for information and resources.
- BJS's Acting Director Jeri Mulrow highlighted in Forbes article on women leading government data and analytics
- Register for a February 15 Expert Q&A; discussion on Applying for VOCA Formula Funds on the State Level
- Nominate an officer for the Congressional Badge of Bravery by February 15
- Firearm Inquiry Statistics Program data collection extension proposed—submit comments by March 27
- TECHBeat, January 2017
- State Progress in Record Reporting for Firearm-Related Background Checks: Fugitives from Justice
- The Role of Equipment Performance Standards in Correctional Settings
- The Variability in Law Enforcement State Standards: A 42-State Survey on Mental Health and Crisis De-escalation Training
- A National Survey Shines a Light on the Nature and Scope of Teen Dating Violence
- Smart Policing Collaboration Principles
Director's Corner: Supporting Research With Relevance, Reach, and Impact
Read a recent message from Howard Spivak, MD, NIJ Acting Director, about NIJ's current funding opportunities and NIJ's commitment to work with those across scientific disciplines and justice professions to address issues faces by the justice system.
- Research on the Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation of Elderly Individuals
- Swift, Certain, and Fair Supervision Program -- Including Project HOPE
- Research, Development, and Evaluation of Technologies to Improve School Safety
- NICS Act Record Improvement Program
See the OJP Current Funding Opportunities page for more.