'Free the Nipple' campaign hits the catwalk: Sheer emerges as next season's hottest trend at London Fashion Week as models bare their breasts on the runway
- Today is the final day of London Fashion Week
- As trends begin to emerge, FEMAIL takes a look at the bravest one
- Models on the Burberry, Erdem and Tom Ford catwalk were seen in it
- The trend dubbed 'nearly naked' sees women's nipples on display
- Rihanna and Cara Delevingne are known fans of the look
After five days featuring 58 catwalk shows, 57 models, an array of celebrity-saturated front rows and gallons of champagne, London's most fashionable week draws to a close today.
And as the dust settles, trends begin to emerge.
According to some of LFW's most influential designers - including Erdem, Tom Ford, Christopher Kane and Burberry's Christopher Bailey - it appears that next season's most stylish accessories are... your nipples.
Bare-all: Models at the Christopher Kane SS15 show proved that less is more
Sheer blouses, dresses and shirts have been all over the SS15 catwalks.
In some cases, the nod to the nipple has been subtle: at the Burberry Prorsum show Christopher Bailey paired transparent tops with denim jackets to preserve his models' modesty and at Tom Ford models nipples were covered by sequin detailing.
However, at Christopher Kane and Erdem, daring see-through designs gave the models nothing to hide behind.
Nearly naked: Models at Tom Ford covered up with sequin detailing
Bra-less is the new black: Model at Christopher Kane (left) and at Bora Aksu (right) display a Gothic take on the trend
Surprisingly elegant: Zeynep Kartal displayed barely-there ball gowns on the SS15 catwalk
The fashion for exposed breasts comes hot on the heels of the Free the Nipple campaign.
The 'Free the Nipple' campaign is an equality movement that uses social media and film to fight against censorship laws in the US, where it is illegal in 37 states for women to appear topless.
It has gained the support of celebrities including Rumer and Scout Willis, Cara Delevingne and Rihanna.
Bare-all Burberry: Jourdan Dunn hides her breasts underneath a denim jacket (left) another model from the show channels the sheer trend
At DAKS models looked ethereal in floaty pastel dresses
Pretty peekaboo: Erdem showcased a ladylike take on the naked trend
Almost modest: Alice Temperley's SS15 had a relaxed take on the trend featuring lots of layering a boxy shapes
Cara is one of its biggest champions, having been seen in February wearing a 'Free the Nipple' T-shirt, which featured a photograph of a pair of breasts emblazoned across it.
The model has also posted support for the campaign on her Instagram account, re-gramming an image of a flesh-coloured bikini with a graphic nipple pictured on top.
Cara isn't the only celeb to have adopted the 'nearly-naked' trend.
Cara Delevingne re-grammed this image of the Free the Nipple bikini
Cara has been seen supporting the Free the Nipple campaign on her Instagram account, it is unknown as to whether she appears in this image
Rihanna was named 'Fashion Icon' at the CDFA awards where she wore this daring see-through number
At this year's CFDA awards Rihanna, who was named 'Fashion Icon', was the centre of attention at the New York event when she stepped out in a daring, totally sheer embellished halter dress.
The revealing outfit was custom-made by designer Adam Selman and comprised of a total of 216,000 Swarovski crystals.
Although it has been given the go-ahead from the stars this is sure to be one of the bravest trends to emerge from Fashion Week and when this season's catwalks included models toting guns, that's saying something.
Will Kate be wearing this? The Duchess of Cambridge is a well-known fan of Emilia Wickstead who also took paid tribute to the transparent trend
Space age: At Fyodor Golan models were dressed in futuristic fabrics
Most watched News videos
- Terrifying moment a huge great white lunges at a surfer
- Raging girlfriend punches cheating boyfriend on his date
- Check out how a woman's body changes during pregnancy
- Karma police: Cop pulls over impatient driver after cutting up a van
- Djokovic and wife argue on Facebook after she forgets to end live
- Terrified 96-year-old rescued by kind man as she clings to lamp post
- Mama bear drags her adorably reluctant cub across small stream
- Clinton illegal fundraiser: I fear secrets will cost my life
- Police release CCTV footage of hit and run in Birmingham
- Moment two police officers are caught on dashcam having sex
- FlyBe passenger David Fleming films Schiphol Airport crash
- Moment landing gear of FlyBe plane collapses at Schiphol