Sticks and carrots in urban waste management in Indonesia
Jonatan A. Lassa
The Adipura Award has been used as sticks and carrots to encourage Indonesian cities and urban regions to be clean and green since 1986. It stopped for a few years after the fall of Soeharto in 1998 but was rejuvenated during Megawati’s presidency in 2002.
Every year, there is an Adipura contest among metropolitan cities, big cities, medium cities and small cities in Indonesia. Additiona...
- Cruise ship smashes into coral in Raja Ampat
- US vice president to visit Indonesia
- INSIGHT: Should Indonesia and Australia jointly patrol the South China Sea?
- Soeharto family gains momentum for political revival
- British-Australian couple get 6, 4 years for Bali policeman's murder
- Two orange troops suffer injuries in attack
- Toyota Manufacturing appoints first Indonesian CEO
- Indonesia’s war on drugs takes deadly turn
- Agus-Sylvi’s volunteers support incumbent
- MoU signed to protect energy, mining assets from terrorism