You can volunteer for FAIR’s Islamicare Project by becoming a youth MENTOR.
What is mentoring?
“It’s a willingness on the part of somebody who has a wealth of experience to share their knowledge, with someone who doesn’t have as much experience – with no eye toward getting anything back. It’s about investing and giving back.”
Role of the Mentor
- Assist your mentee/buddy in general with advice and guidance regarding youth issues and to provide support if any questions arise
- To assist if there are any problems with other people, in a discreet way eg, bullying (any incident of bullying)
- To monitor the mentee and discuss any issues.
- To guide the mentee in understanding best practice as a Muslim
- Assist with the various facets of Islam, daily prayers and wudu, other questions about religious practice