The North Tonawanda City School District offers a Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) program that provides an educationally-based, high-quality program to eligible four-year-old children. To qualify for the UPK program, your child must be four years of age on or before December 1 and be a resident of North Tonawanda.
Registration is required to participate in the Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) program.
Carousel Academy is the provider of this program which will operate from Grant School, 35 Grant Street.
Please direct all questions about the program to Amanda Karnath, Program Director, Carousel Academy (716) 622-7857.
Students in the program develop:
- is free of charge
- is 5 days per week (no exceptions)
- follows the North Tonawanda City School District calendar
- offers a full day program from 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- offers a half day program, morning session from 9:05 - 11:35 a.m. or afternoon session from 12:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- language and communication skills
- creative and critical thinking skills
- gross and fine motor skills
- kindergarten readiness skills
- early reading skills through instruction in the Magic Penny Reading Program, a phonics-based program.