Tactics
Hobby
Background
Heraldry
Twilight War Reports
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Amazon List (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Amazon List
Raf (User)

profile icon User Online Now United States flag
Amazon List 22 Hours, 45 Minutes ago
I have been converting an army using amazons and sisters of sigmar. Essentially, it is a female army using Bretonnian rules. Once I complete the archers, it will be complete. I have a few extra models left, and I can make very slight modifications. Using most of what is available, i get the following...

Bretonnian Army List: Amazons- 1000 Points

Lords: 140 (14%)
Giselle 140 Points
Bretonnian Lord
Barded Warhorse
Lance
Shield

Heroes: 89 (9%)
Theodora 89 Points
Paladin
Battle Standard
Barded Warhorse
Warrior Bane
Dragon Helm

Core: 216+147+70= 433 (43%)
Order of the Rose 216 Points
8 Knights of the Realm
Full Command

Warriors 147 Points
24 Men at Arms
Full Command

Hunters 70 Points
10 Peasant Bowmen
Brazier
Musician

Special: 82+165= 247 (25%)
Raiders 82 Points
5 Mounted Yeomen
Musician

Valkyries 165 Points
3 Pegasus Knights

Rare: 90 (9%)
Trashbucket 90 Points
Field Trebuchet

Total: 140+89+433+247+90= 999

In this configuration, I do not have a wizard. I can substitute the combat lord for a damsel if desired. In theory, I could expand this up to a 1500 point list by increasing the number of characters. However, I am not certain that would really be beneficial.

No pictures available, as I cannot post them. Probably a browser issue.
Not counting multi-player games...
Eighth Edition Record:
4W-4L-2D in Tournament Play
12W-1L in Singles Play
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Benedictus (User)
profile icon User Offline Australia flag
Re:Amazon List 21 Hours, 13 Minutes ago
Aw, it's a shame you don't have photos.
Re:Amazon List 18 Hours, 38 Minutes ago
Raf,

Please try to add some photos of your army.
It sounds really great.

I've long said that, apart from paying lip-service by having the odd Damsel here and there, and the Fey of course, that Bretonnia seems to be completely devoid of any women in its Kingdom.

That's why I've made my General / Paladin female and called her Princess Bellefleur, the Duchess of Brionne, and she's the equal of any of her male counter-parts, as is proven in the picture below.

http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=detail&id=2726&Itemid=103

And here she is in all her glory:
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=detail&id=2776&Itemid=103
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=detail&id=2750&Itemid=103

Sir Guy
Last Edit: 2010/11/12 09:24 By Sir Guy des Bontemps.

Sir Guy de Bussi
Le Suzerain des Provences Sousbrienne-Lorental et Sire de Donjon sur Petite Brienne

Servir seulement La Dame du Lac
Artinam (Moderator)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
Re:Amazon List 18 Hours, 28 Minutes ago
Whats with the weird use of smilies Sir Guy, noticed it in several of your posts?

Anyway, looks like a solid list, and please post some pictures
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
Re:Amazon List 18 Hours, 22 Minutes ago
Artinam,

Don't you like my smilies?

I use them as text separators, but mainly to make sure that my comments are not misunderstood or miscontrued.

Sir Guy

Sir Guy de Bussi
Le Suzerain des Provences Sousbrienne-Lorental et Sire de Donjon sur Petite Brienne

Servir seulement La Dame du Lac
Re:Amazon List 13 Hours, 13 Minutes ago
Sir Guy,

Understood completely.

I agree that Emoticons are the easiest way to express feelings (a real shortcoming on the internet). Most importantly, it is the best way to let someone know that you are kidding around.

Raf,

I am really looking forward to seeing this army.

Harolde

Storm of Vengeance

The tale of Kristian Barqvist de la Ra'ede - First Son and Lord Commander of Her Lady's Vengeance - the Ra'ede.

Heraldry by Sir Guy
Raf (User)

profile icon User Online Now United States flag
Re:Amazon List 12 Hours, 47 Minutes ago
I have a few photos, but have been unable to upload them to this site. Something about them being too big or such.

Anyway, the army list is not especially powerful. Instead it is designed to be more "cool-looking" than powerful.

The BSB was converted from the Ice Queen of Kislev. Basically, I just added a wire to extend the rod she was holding.

The General in the list is Repanse. I have a slew of models to use as damsels or prophetesses, including a few conversions.

The other knights are from repanse de lyonesse legs, and torsos from other models. The command group are from the maidenguard, while the other models are from sister of sigmar acolytes. These are all on the fifth edition horses. This looks much more interesting than every female knight being a Repanse model... Note that you cannot buy bitz anymore. The pegasus knights are simply converted models planted on a pegasus instead of a horse.

The mounted yeomen are simply amazon warrior removed from the bases. The legs were spread apart, and they received bows and spears as their weapons. One model has a horn from the bretonnian knights sprue.

The men at arms are converted from amazon warriors, amazon bloodbowl team, and from sisters of sigmar. They are armed with spears. The musician carries a metal drum from the old empire command group, while the standard uses a plastic empire standard. (I need to redo the standard as it is off balance. )

The bowmen are fairly simple. I took basic amazon warriors, and am adding plastic bows to them. These bows are from empire kits.

The trebuchet is crewed by cheerleader models. Apparently they got tired of firing t-shirts into the crowd.
Not counting multi-player games...
Eighth Edition Record:
4W-4L-2D in Tournament Play
12W-1L in Singles Play
Go to top Post Reply