[Israel.pm] Re: Next Meeting

Shlomi Fish shlomif at vipe.stud.technion.ac.il
Tue Aug 5 14:26:22 IDT 2003

Hi!

I talked with Shlomo on the phone now, and it turns out he is busy moving
to a new apartment, and so cannot arrange the Perl meeting. He said, that
he returned the lead to Gabor, but I'm not sure if he's going to be in
Israel or abroad at the time. Thus, I temporarily take the lead.

Here's what I say about the issues:

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> At the moment, there are several standing issues with the Perl meeting:
>
> 1. The date. 7/8 is Tish'a Be'Av, but Shlomo did not yet specify if we are
> going to re-schedule it a week later.

I say we re-schedule it to 14/8, because it would not be prudent to do it
on Tish'a Be'Av.

> 2. The place. Haifa or Tel-Aviv? Is the Dapey Zahav Basement available on
> that day?

The Dapey Zahav basement is the most convenient for most of us, so it's
going to be there.

> 3. The agenda. I have prepared a mini-presentation about my Graham
> Function QOTW solution[1] and started preparing a larger presentation
> about LM-Solve[2] which should be finished by Thursday. Did anybody
> prepare anything else?

I will be ready with both presentations. If there will be enough other
mini-presentations, I'll give the Graham Function one. Else, I'll give the
one about LM-Solve, which would be the main course of the evening.

> 4. Checking Out Books. I have a copy of "Games, Diversions and Perl
> Culture", which I almost finished reading. I can bring it to the meeting
> so Mikhael can check it out. Is the rest of the library going to be
> active? Which books would be accessible?

I suggest everybody return the books that they have finished reading, and
so we can take books we want out of this pool.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        shlomif at vipe.technion.ac.il

An apple a day will keep a doctor away. Two apples a day will keep two
doctors away.

	Falk Fish