As the entry point for HP’s Ultrium tape drive family, the HP StorageWorks Ultrium 215 tape drive offers superdrive capacity in a compact half-height form factor that makes it easy to integrate into desktop workstations and servers.
An ideal solution for network backup where capacity and low cost of ownership are critical, the Ultrium 215 stores 200 GB of compressed data on a single tape at up to 54 GB per hour.
Despite its low cost, the Ultrium 215’s rugged design delivers excellent reliability, even at 100% duty cycles, and includes many of the advanced features of its bigger siblings.
The drive employs data rate matching to adjust to the speed of the host, reducing wear and tear on both drive and media and increasing performance, particularly on slower systems.
HP StorageWorks One-Button Disaster Recovery takes the worry out of disaster planning – making the Ultrium 215 especially suitable for environments with limited IT support.
Whether it’s for a single server or just one part of a backup environment that includes high-performance Ultrium drives, the Ultrium 215 is the ideal match for midrange servers.
- Dependable: Sets new standards for data integrity and reliability with a simple and robust design based on inherently reliable LTO technology
- High-Capacity: Stores all your data on a single cartridge to make your backups and restores simpler
- Fast: Minimizes network interruption with blazing speed and dynamic data rate matching that squeezes optimal performance from your server and network environment
- Easy: Supports HP StorageWorks One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR), simply the easiest way to restore data in the event of a disaster
- Affordable: High capacity combined with low media cost delivers an exceptionally low cost of ownership
- Manageable: Includes HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools, which provide superior management capabilities that make the drives easy to install, use and support
- Well-Connected: Compatible with all leading operating systems, backup software and servers
- Future-Proof: Delivers a compelling technology roadmap, doubling speed and capacity each generation
- Open: Based on LTO technology, which delivers the competitive benefits of an open format
- Reliable: Simple, high-integrity data path including read and write DRAM protects your data