Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Anxiety; [Open]
Topic Started: Apr 30 2011, 11:13 PM (1,195 Views)
Supnitle
I hate card games

Rolling to the left, Miyuki was surprised at how well her mask was staying clamped onto her face. A small dent appeared in the wall that she had just been standing in front of, sparks flying as a bullet ricocheted off the metallic surface. For a brief moment, she considered using a Tarukaja spell on herself, but decided not to do so. It would have been futile, considering she wasn't completely sure where her opponent was. The action would have also cost her precious time. As she dodged to the right, the bullet skinning her foot, (she could have sworn that her reaction time was at least a little faster. Maybe it was her persona?) her choice in not using the spell seemed to pay off.

The gunman's aim seemed to be a little off. She was moving as fast as she could, sure, but Miyuki knew that even with her persona, there was no way she was fast enough to dodge bullets. A scowl marked her face. This person was just fucking around with her. She didn't even know who this person was. It wasn't anyone who went to school, or at least, she didn't recognize their voice. Dodging behind a table, Miyuki wiped some sweat from her face. She heard a chuckle from the portion of the room completely opposite to the one she thought the gunman was hiding from.

"Hah... Hiding, are we? You may as well give yourself up. That cover won't help you for long."

Complete terror threatened to overcome her senses, but Miyuki took a deep breath, calming herself just a little. It didn't stop the slight tremor in her voice. "Wh-why are you even doing this?"

"Didn't I tell you? This'd all be over if you would just leave here forever."

Miyuki could tell where the voice was coming from. She moved to the left, narrowly hiding behind another bit of cover right as bullets riddled through the table she had just been using. She grasped the piece of paper in her hand a little tighter. Honestly, leaving right now was sounding pretty fantastic. But never coming back?

Crinkling open the piece of paper, Miyuki read the contents over once more. Satosu has given it to her, saying that its contents would be far more interesting to her than to him.

At the top of the page, there was a blurred bit of text that said "PERSONNEL DETAILS." A list of names followed, the text small enough so that many of the names were illegible due to the damage done to the document. There was, however, a small amount of legible text near the bottom. One particular name caught her eye.

"Kazari Fusoku."

There was no way she could just leave this alone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yes

Kumori jolted awake as he heard a gunshot. Somehow, it seemed, he had managed to fall asleep in the ruins. …Are you serious…? he heard Achilles sigh as he carefully retrieved his bow, which was propped in a corner of the small storage closet that he was evidently napping in. Come to think of it, this isn’t the first time that you’ve been caught in a storage closet, mm?

He looked out the doorway to see Miyuki talking to a hidden gunman. The voice that Kumori heard certainly wasn’t someone that he knew… It made him a tad uneasy though. He scanned the assailant by reflex, his brow creasing in contemplation as he finished the search on the room. While he was able to pick up weaknesses and resistances like any other being in the ruins, the presence was rather strange. Even though he could sense “auras” differing from person to person, he could tell that some were more similar to one another than others. Like Satosu and himself, oddly enough. Kumori couldn’t find any similarities with any other person when scanning the gunman however. Any human, at any rate; it felt more like he was looking at a shadow’s stats more than anything else.

The cold glass of his visor materialized as he stepped fully into the doorway and summoned Achilles. Oi… A Mazio isn’t going to do anything against this stranger. I'd rather you not be an idiot about this. The armed robot shrugged slightly as it raised its sword, sending a net of electricity spidering across the air and lighting the room.

"I hope you don't mind company... Who are you anyways...? And what would you gain from having us leave...?"

UserShadow7989

The brunette turned her head back and forth, eyes peeled for more shadows. There had been suspiciously few of them today other then a few of those sword birds, but a few Aquas seemed to put the breaks on any threats they might have presented. It was her first return to the ruins since the incident a while back, but with all the sparring she did with Tsukasa she was certain she'd do fine.

At least, that's what she felt until she went in. The severe drop in number of the shadows had set her on alert, her paranoia bubbling up with every step. She hadn't found anything of use, either. No legible documents that may have hinted to what went on in this insane place. Her foot brushed against a pebble, the resulting clatter making her jump.

It's okay, see? No massive snakes, no crazies with big swords, no gun wielding psychos-

A gunshot echoed down the halls, and Kira went white as a sheet. Voices seemed to be coming from the direction she was traveling towards, and she could just make them out. Swallowing nervously, she tiptoed towards the sounds to better hear them. One woman, one voice I can't make out... and Kumori?!

That made her freeze. Kumori did NOT have a gun. Therefore, one of the mystery voices did. The fact it had been fired indicated a fight. In other words, Kumori was likely being assaulted by one or both of the voices, one of whom had a gun. Kira's pace increased twofold, as fast as she could while remaining silent. This could only end badly...

FirebreathFishslap
I'm the best! I'm the king of me! I'm gonna eat chips out of the garbage!

Chouko pulled her cleaver from the body of a Shadow. After she'd finished with it, its body hadn't been much more than a shadowy mush. Some of the sludge from its body had splattered onto her face and glasses, likely from how rough she'd been. She hummed a bit of a jingle she'd heard on TV to herself as she walked away from the body, which dissolved into a black mist.

You should be less rough with your foo--

A gunshot suddenly rang out. She whirled around and turned toward the hallway on her left. Only a few people had guns. That cowboy, Treo, the mercenary, and the frog-boy. The frog-boy was in the hospital still, and Treo didn't use guns that sounded like that so... that left those two people on Kaede's team. There were voices coming from that direction, though... a girl's voice and a man's voice. The man's didn't sound anything like that cowboy. So who was it?

She broke off running, hiking up her skirt with her free hand as she ran. She came out into a room that three people were already in. The sleepyhead, Kumori; a first year girl, Miyuki; and a strange gunman. She put her hand on her weapon arm to stop it from shaking. Something about that gunman felt wrong to her. Like he wasn't human.

"Wh-Who are you?" Chouko called out to him.

Your Empress, Pokeh
don't stare at it too long

Tsukasa heard gunshots.

Clearly, this warranted her attention.

It didn't take her very long to find where the gunshots had originated. She was able to easily follow the voices of the others to the big gathering area. Miyuki was there, along with a few others as well. They were, understandably enough, freaking out about the gunshots, because it seemed that someone hostile was firing at the group.

Tsukasa ran rather haphazardly into the scene, being rather unmindful of her general well being. She had left herself completely out in the open; if the gunman wanted to take a shot at her, it would be rather easy to do so.

The girl didn't seem to care about that in the slightest though. She basically ignored the others too, instead attempting to directly address the gunman.

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of you!"

Her tact was truly amazing.

Dante
WHERE THE FUCK IS MARIO
Treo had been laying on a set of pipes, reading from a set of documents he had found, by reading he was attempting to read them. They were ruined, senses flared when he heard a gunshot, first he checked his holster, noticing his gun was still there, then he took off towards it.

"Look kid, by the time you get there it'll all be over!, Just roll over and turn back to those documents, or at least do something interesting!"

"Treo-kun, move quickly, you may be able to help someone!"

Arriving on the scene he noticed Miyuki and smiled. "Oh, Miyuki, what are you doing in here?" He noticed the gunman and held his pistol on him. "Maybe you should leave. I'm not like you, I will fire at you if I even think you're going to pull that trigger. So, answer my questions, or I'll give you a new set of breathing holes."

Pulling back the slide he trained the gun on him. "In your ass."

Supnitle
I hate card games

Seemingly all at once, almost half a dozen people came pouring into the ruins, presumably attracted by the gunfire. Kumori's Mazio spell didn't do much other than light up the area temporarily, revealing... nothing in particular, other than the standard background of the ruins: no persons were made visible. Miyuki didn't really recognize many of them. Tsukasa was comforting to have around, considering how much ass the kendoist could kick. Then again, there was also Treo, and he had a gun! Hey, it was kind of illegal to have, but hey, he had a gun! Her chances of dying were substantially lower than before, right?

The gunman, if anything, seemed amused by the influx of Persona users. Said persona users would notice... nothing. The gunman was either invisible, or not in the room at all. "Oh, more of you, eh? Looks like things are getting interesting..."

Miyuki tensed up, staying behind the slight bit of cover she had. The amount of people here with her now was slightly comforting, although she was pretty sure they'd all be as affected by gunshots as she would. "Hrmm... I've got it.

Why don't we play a game?"

Not expecting the gunman's response, Miyuki blinked in surprise. "A... game?"

"Well, yes. That's the cliche to do in my situation, isn't it?

The rules are fairly simple: If you're still alive in ten minutes, I leave you all alone for now! If you aren't, well, you'll be dead."
He cleared his throat, and oddly enough, spoke the next two words in surprisingly clear english. "Game start."

Six bullets flew through the air, one aimed at every person in the room: even Kira, who wasn't even there yet. They were all aimed at the feet. Miyuki's bullet was deflected off the cover, not actually harming her, but the bullet literally missed her by inches. She froze up, not altogether willing to leave the safety of the table for now.
Edited by Supnitle, May 4 2011, 07:39 PM.

Yes

Kumori reacted once he heard the first gunshot, diving back into the storage room he was initially hiding in and wheeling around just in time to see a bullet glance off the floor and into a wall. Based on how it ricocheted off the floor, it was probably not meant to be fatal at all.

Geez... It's all a game to him, isn't it...? Achilles groaned somewhat immaturely. The persona spoke again, this time with a sharper edge to his voice. 'Losing' this game is out of the question. Ten minutes with this madman, then. Oh, well then. My stalker senses say someone's about to burst in. Looks like it's Kira. Here comes the cavalry.

Kumori quickly pulled open a door to the storage that probably connected to a hallway. Poking his head out, he saw that it really was Kira running towards them. Resolving to stave off a third crash landing into the girl, Kumori stepped back into the room to give her some room to burst into the room. He cut to the quick once the girl was in the room.

“Some of our classmates are in that room. So is a gunman. He’s toying with us. Survive for ten minutes and we’ll go free. The plan is to take him out before that. Shall we?”

UserShadow7989

Kira was close enough to hear when the gunman started talking about his 'game'. ...Sick bastard. It figures there would be someone like that down here. Is he in Sora's group? She couldn't see him anywhere, but something about this (beyond the whole, y'know, PSYCHO WITH GUN thing) was making her stomach do flip flops.

She allowed herself a brief glance around, going over her allies in her head. She didn't trust Treo as far as she could throw him and Chouko was loyal to Sora, but it seemed they were on the same side for now. Tsukasa and Kumori were probably the best allies she could have here, one of the strongest fighters she knew and a very intelligent boy. Miyuki... wait, who was she again? Didn't matter. She needed protecting, and like hell Kira was going to walk away from-

The madman opened fire. Kira cast sukukaja at the first sound of gunfire and cleanly evaded his shot. With her senses and body sped up, the brunette could just barely make out the bullets as they arced through the air. She unceremoniously spammed the speed boosting spell on each of their group as quickly as she could; an exhausting strategy, but hopefully one that would allow them to evade a lethal hit. Kumori was helpful enough to sum up the situation for her as she finished the first layer of speed increases, her breathing ragged from the rapid exertion.

Kira swallowed hoarsely and nodded in response. She was relatively certain a bullet to the brain would kill her, persona or no, but there were other people here who wouldn't or couldn't flee that her conscience couldn't bare being responsible for. "I-I'd rather use Trafuri to get us all out of here, but I don't think he'll give me the chance unless you guys can cover me. Can you tell where he is?"
Edited by UserShadow7989, May 4 2011, 07:49 PM.

FirebreathFishslap
I'm the best! I'm the king of me! I'm gonna eat chips out of the garbage!

Chouko briefly glanced around at the others who had entered the room. She barely had time to register that Tsukasa and Kira were both from Kaede's team before the invisible gunman began to talk again. The gunman suggested a game. She raised her cleaver up in front of her face, and a bullet suddenly deflected off of it, sending Chouko stumbling backwards. She screamed and fell back, landing on the ground with her cleaver still held up in front of her.

"Wh-Why?! Wh-What's going on?!" Chouko cried out. She got to her feet again, still holding the cleaver defensively in front of herself. Desperately, she pulled out her mask and put it on, summoning her absolutely gigantic spider of a Persona.

"A-Arachne, c-can't you sense heat? That's what spiders do, right?" Chouko cried out. She seemed more jittery than normal. In fact, she was shaking quite a bit. She didn't like enemies she couldn't see, to put it simply. Less simply put, she was having bad flashbacks at the moment...

0 users reading this topic
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mysterious Ruins · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: