Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Murdered: Soul Suspect

This table was created for the Steam version of Murdered: Soul Suspect. It includes a pause free camera.

Cheat Engine Table
Download Table

[Camera Control] (Page Down)

After attaching the table, the camera values are always enabled,. Going into the main menu or quest menu allow you to move the camera around and change the FOV. You can also enable the camera script at any time by pressing [Page Down], this will override the camera position opcodes and allow you to move it around and rotate with the mouse. The tilt still works with this as well.

Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate

Arrow keys = Rotate camera

Hold CTRL for larger movements
Hold ALT for smaller movements

Numpad +/- to adjust FOV

[ - , = ] keys to tilt the camera (ALT =) to level out.

Disable Lens Effects
Locate the config files in ..\Documents\My Games\Murdered Soul Suspect\FateGame\Config.

1. Open FateSystemSettings.ini.
2. Under the [SystemSettings] section change the following values to remove pincushion (includes CA) and vignette lens effects.

PincushionEffect=False
VignetteBlackPoint=0.000000
VignetteBlendExp=0.000000

Rendering Resolution

Use driver resolutions. Currently only able to get 16:9 AR working. You will need to ensure the Windows desktop resolution is what you want to be using in-game and then will be able to select this resolution from the main menu. I was getting 30FPS at 5120x2880 with in-game 4xMSAA which was adequate for removing aliasing.

To remove the 30FPS lock, disable in-game VSync and force this with drivers if wanted.

HUD Toggle

I wasn't able to get this working through UE3 keybinds or CE but was able to resort to using 3DMigoto to find the HUD shaders and create a toggle for them. Extract the contents of this ZIP file into the ..\Murdered Soul Suspect\Binaries\Win64 folder.

When you first start the game, and load new maps, it may take substantially more time than without the mod. This is due to how the shaders are being cached. If you think the game has crashed, go have a look at the shadercache folder it created in the same location and see if there are new files populating, if so it's still working. Leave it alone until complete.

Press [Caps Lock] to toggle the HUD. Works with the main menu and quest menu.

The waiting is annoying and I'll update here with a resolution if I find one.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    One3rd said:

When you first start the game, and load new maps, it may take substantially more time than without the mod. This is due to how the shaders are being cached. If you think the game has crashed, go have a look at the shadercache folder it created in the same location and see if there are new files populating, if so it's still working. Leave it alone until complete.

I think you should set everything under [Logging] to 0 in d3dx.ini. Also set "cache_shaders" to 0 instead of 1. If that doesn't work do the same thing but switch to version 1.1.14, (you can still use your shaders with that version of course)

This is what I do with all my HUD toggles and I never have loading or performance problems.

• I'll try setting everything under logging to 0. I had cache_shaders set to 0 originally but it was doing the same thing, thought that having them in bin format would be faster but that's not where the problem is.

I also tried some different versions but found anything other than v1.0 either crashed when using the toggle or had a black screen on startup. Might try again with a fresh v1.1.14 install though.
  • One3rd said:

I also tried some different versions but found anything other than v1.0 either crashed when using the toggle or had a black screen on startup. Might try again with a fresh v1.1.14 install though.

Sometimes you get a black screen in hunting mode when using version v1.1.14, but it works if you disable hunting mode.

But yeah certain games only work with certain versions of 3Dmigoto, so I guess v1.0 might be the only one that works with this game.

• Update: links fixed.