VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: What really happened to the VOCALOID CHINA PROJECT (2013-2014) - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What really happened to the VOCALOID CHINA PROJECT (2013-2014) Why YANHE became a VOCALOID and the VC cast unable to continue

#1 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• 悦成-龙牙
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:All Chinese VOCALOIDs duh
  • Producers:JUSF, ilem, Chunbai-P, st.k4n3, Zeno

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

Hello everyone.

I have more Chinese VOCALOID related news, but I'm warning you that it's not very happy...

If you have been paying close attention to Vsinger and its history, then you would know that it went through a few name changes. You may also know that Ren Li, the former president of Shanghai HENIAN, retired. You may know about the Chinese fans' reaction towards YANHE, where they hated her existence and rejected her, wanting the original VOCALOID CHINA PROJECT cast. You probably felt very confused about why YANHE existed and not the other 4 cast members just like them. And why did Ling come out 3 years after Tianyi?

All of these answers could be found in the deep, dark, cracks of Shanghai HENIAN's secrets. These secrets fill in all of those gaps.

But... wouldn't we get into trouble if we knew about these? SHN wouldn't want to allow this, right? That's true, this is something that could potentially destroy SHN's reputation. But now, they're not even denying these claims. We'll get to why in a moment.

Recently on October 19th, in the east fandom, someone revealed these secrets in a long article. These secrets date back to 2013, when YANHE was in development.

But... it wasn't actually YANHE.

Ms. Liu, the voice provider, was actually asked to voice a male character. And that male character was none other than Zhiyu Moke. We were supposed to have our first male Chinese VOCALOID 2 years ago.

However, something went terribly wrong. Ren Li, the president of SHN (from start - 2015), ended up using the funds for himself instead of towards Moke's project. Specifically, he spent the funds in a prostitute house.

YAMAHA wondered what happened to all of the funds they lent to the company. When they found out that it was spent recklessly and for selfish needs, they took away the character rights of the VOCALOID CHINA PROJECT cast. In turn, Moke's image could never be used for the finished voicebank that was developed. Out of options, SHN hosted another design contest and thus, YANHE was born.

In early 2014, SHN bought back the rights of the characters and were able to create voicebanks for them. This ended their ties with Bplats and they became independent. The next VOCALOID they wanted to develop was Ling. And since Bplats developed the voicebanks for Tianyi and YANHE, SHN had to train a new team to create their new VOCALOIDs.

This is why the other characters never became VOCALOIDs until now. It was never because they did not want to or were not up to it. They tried to create Moke, but due to the president spending the funds for himself, VOCALOID CHINA PROJECT was temporarily destroyed. The Chinese fans did not know what happened and were greatly confused as to why YANHE was here, but not Ling and the others. They were outraged and some of them decided to hate YANHE, deeply convinced that she was replacing the other four. This hurt YANHE’S initial popularity and her sales.

One person, an MMDer named Flexin, tried to alert the fandom. He tried to tell everyone that YANHE's voicebank was supposed to be Moke's. But in response, no doubt as Ren Li's decision, SHN responded to him by posting a lawsuit as a threat. Flexin ended up keeping silent about this for four months. For the people who did find out about it, they kept to themselves to avoid receiving the same treatment Flexin had.

Eventually, come March 2015, Ren Li resigned. Mr. V came to replace him as president. But in reality, Ren Li was fired for being irresponsible. Under Mr. V's leadership, VOCANESE (2014 name) was renamed to Vsinger as a way to start fresh and new. SHN successfully released their first VOCALOID, Ling (meaning completely developed by SHN with no assistance from Bplats), and already have plans to release more VOCALOIDs.

Since Ren Li no longer worked at SHN, the idea of a lawsuit became less of a threat, which is why this information is spreading around now.

But as consequence, once the Chinese fans found out, they not only launched their anger at Ren Li, but at YANHE too, as her existence came at the cost of Moke's. SHN responded by trying to dispel the anger towards her, pleading that she did nothing wrong and is incapable of doing these actions (she is a VOCALOID product after all). Curiously and fortunately, the fans did not launch their anger at SHN, as the company had nothing to do with those past actions anyways.

We apologize for not bringing these news to you sooner. We were trying to find the best words to describe the situation and we were waiting for the Chinese fans to calm down. We ask you not to be angry at SHN or Mr. V. They were concealing this in order to protect the company, VOCALOIDs and the fanbase. The company had nothing to do with their former president's irresponsible actions. We hope you could forgive the company and to continue loving the Chinese VOCALOIDs. Remember, even if the rest of the cast aren’t here right now, they will in the future.

Thank you for reading and for your patience.

Article source here: http://www.zhihu.com...tm_medium=zhihu

If you question whether or not it is true, G.K. wrote the article. He was a former member of SHN and if I recall correctly, he did work on some Tianyi songs.

#2 User is offline   IanS Icon

• Why it's so cute? Because it's Gumi. yas
  • Icon
  • Producers:Akuno-P, cillia, Giga-P,

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:43 PM

But, what is happened to Lorra??

#3 User is offline   Byakuren Icon

• The Zombie
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Ruby, galaco, kokone, Lily
  • Producers:kiichi, gigaP, DECO*27

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

Is Moke still going to get a voicebank though?

I mean I can't really buy the CHN vocaloids since forwarding services are a pain to deal with but Moke was my favourite out of the bunch. :T

#4 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• 悦成-龙牙
  • Icon

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostNoriCake, on 21 October 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Is Moke still going to get a voicebank though?

I mean I can't really buy the CHN vocaloids since forwarding services are a pain to deal with but Moke was my favourite out of the bunch. :T

Yes, he will eventually receive his own voicebank. SHN is able to create voicebanks for the VOCALOID CHINA cast since they bought back the rights in 2014.

#5 User is offline   Alteria Icon

• Mobile Internet Accessor
  • Icon
  • Producers:Kaoling, Hinayukki, Shinjou

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:59 PM

Thank god our first male Chineseloid is male-voiced.I knew if the make Moke's VB he's going to be female-voiced

What the hell is wrong with their president. I'm glad they kicked him out and are still trying to do their best in the Vocaloid scene as Vsinger. Also, Yanhe doesn't deserve the anger and hate and those fans need to chill.

Iirc, they spesifically want Yanhe's design to be female. Does this has anything to do with the scandal?

#6 User is online   D!zzy Icon

• [dZ]
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:Hachi, Team Kamiuta, Ryuryu

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostIanS, on 21 October 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

But, what is happened to Lorra??

I believe nothing, she's just still in production, or waiting for her partner video game to release. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Laurent)

Very unfortunate about Ren Li's poor conduct, not the first time I've heard of CEO's going this way. But I'm really happy we got YanHe at least, I love deep female voices.

#7 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• 悦成-龙牙
  • Icon

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

@Ian - As far as I know, she is still in development.

@Alteria - I'm not sure how to answer. I don't recall SHN specifically asking for female designs or male designs in the second contest, they just wanted designs to compliment the voicebank sample they posted since Moke was no longer able to be used.

---

This might make me sound bad, but I am happy that the voice is YANHE's... I honestly feel that it suits her better than Moke, but I'm severely disappointed that it happened because of controversy

#8 User is offline   IanS Icon

• Why it's so cute? Because it's Gumi. yas
  • Icon
  • Producers:Akuno-P, cillia, Giga-P,

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

Gosh, I hope she'll be awesome cause Ling was released very quickly

#9 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• 悦成-龙牙
  • Icon

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

@Ian - SHN confirmed that they finished her voicebank a while ago and handed it off to NetEase, but I'm unsure of what is going on since then. It's assumed that she is still in development and there is no evidence that she is a dropped project.

I have to go to school now, I will be back to answer questions later, if any. Or try to sneak on my phone.

#10 User is offline   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Producers:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

Well damn, that's quite the story there. Poor Yan He. Don't worry, I'll always love you ;w;

#11 User is offline   lʌntєrn@precious jyushi Icon

• jyushimatsu is precious, must protect
  • Icon
  • Producers:ANANT-GARDE EYES - 麻枝 准

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

YANHE did nothing wrong ;-;

#12 User is offline   adys Icon

• sure.
  • Icon

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

lmao that's one hell of a drama, yea it seemed weird to me why the other 4 didnt have a voicebank, I thought YanHe was more of a side character or something

#LeaveYanHeAlone

#13 User is offline   CaiyinMusic Icon

• Chinese Vocaloids are my life~
  • Icon
  • Producers:dav, HoneyWorks, Crusher-P

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:50 PM

Oh gosh... And so soon after people started NOT hating her since Ling came out... ;-; I'll be honest though, I think Ms. Liu's voice suits YANHE's character more than Moke.

It's horrible when a CEO dirties the company... But I'm glad Vsinger's trying to have a fresh start, but personally I think the Chinese Fandom is being totally unreasonable... YANHE didn't ASK to "replace" Moke, and she's a lovely Vocaloid with a really unique voice. What with how she was treated at the beginning before Ling officially released as a Vocaloid, and now this, I feel like she'll be left in the dust again...

#14 User is offline   Rielz Icon

• [r i:] [e l z]
  • Icon
  • Producers:GigaP, niki, Neru, CircusP

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

That's.... very interesting to know this, even though I'm not that much of a big Chinese Vocaloid fan. I never knew that Yanhe's voicebank is really Moke's, although I think that YanHe is more fitting for Ms. Liu's voice.

Man, Ren Li was a really careless CEO. I'm glad he was fired and replaced with a hopefully much more responsible person.

#15 User is offline   FOAM Icon

• 123 i live 321 i die
  • Icon
  • Group: Banned
  • Producers:kagomeP

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:46 PM

thank you so much for posting this! very informative

• (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users