GOING FOR YOUR P's
To get your provisional P licence you must:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Have held your learner licence for at least 12 months (if you are under 25 years old)
- Have completed at least 120 hours driving practice (including 20 hours of night driving)
- Pass a driving test
WHAT IS THE DRIVING TEST?
The Driving Test is an on-road test that assesses your driving skills, decision making, awareness of other road users, and how you share the road with other traffic. You will drive along a set course while a testing officer scores your driving ability. You will pass if you get 90 per cent or more and you have no fail items.
The driving test will not be conducted unless you produce your log book showing that you have completed and achieved all the learning goals, including 120 hours driving practice, of which 20 hours must be night driving.
Your P1 licence is valid for 18 months. You must have held your P1 licence for a minimum of 12 months before you can progress to the next licence level.
Lou’s Driving School will not only equip you with the skills you need to get your Ps. We focus on safe driving from day one so you learn how to cope with the unexpected events that happen on our roads every day.
Louis (qualified instructor) follow the RTA's tough licensing procedures.
Lou’s Driving School course:
- Focus on driving beyond your licence test.
- Teach you how to drive safely.
- Use modern motor vehicles.
- Lou’s Driving School is the safer way to get a driver's licence.