Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanarchyReigns

DanarchyReigns
    Member OP

• User Warned: Please don't make threads for the sake of attempting to label other users
    You go into a political thread on here, and you'll often find certain posts that don't really make sense. Like "nothing will come of this" or "this will only increase his approval ratings" or "this is wrong, it's only going to be four more years of Trump" or "the Blue Wave is dead now..."

What seems like defeatism is sounding more and more like back-handed Trump support. Like people from other forums are coming in and trying to cause discourse. They know the usual "MAGA DRAIN THE SWAP LIBTARD CUCKS" method won't work here so they're "hiding it". The same way the "alt-right" hides their bigoted Nazi beliefs with double-speak.

These people often show up when an outlier poll showing the Dems going down appears, or all that crap about Trump getting the Nobel Peace Prize.

Am I just being paranoid and worried from the recent news? I don't want to die in nukes...

2. julian

julian

You’re being paranoid....but now you’ve given them a good idea

3. PatMan

PatMan

What? No. This is stupid.

4. Pathetic.

5. jkm23

jkm23

Really? This is McCarthyism level shit. Step away from the internet. Its May in NJ, the weather is fucking perfect.

6. BronsonLee

BronsonLee
    still broke, still furious Moderator

Almost assuredly no

7. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Put on the glasses!

8. Hodgy

Hodgy

you are massively paranoid.

People are just disillusioned due to all the bullshit that has been happening recently.
    How about we stop trying to put everyone into the category of "the enemy".

9. EnronERA

EnronERA

This board continues to spiral downward into the same bullshit from the last board. Are you all just DESPERATE for enemies and want to pick fights?

10. marrec

marrec

People are going to call you paranoid OP, but they're just afraid of the truth!

And the truth is that political defeatists are making the freakin' frogs gay!

11. I’m sure there are some but everyone copes with this differently.

12. witty_mittie3

witty_mittie3

In answer to your post OP, you are kinda paranoid.

13. Doof Angle

Doof Angle

A few might be (I think they're probably not, but you never know), but it's more likely that they're either uninformed or unhealthily pessimistic. When someone says something screwy, it pays to check their post history.

14. Richter1887

Richter1887

15. sebn

sebn

Man, this place sometimes.

16. Nassudan

Nassudan

They never vote but somehow are completely apathetic to the entire political system, it's sad.

17. The President deflects bad news every single day that would mire and destroy other administrations. His supporters are like soldiers. The media can't hold him accountable. Conservative media spins for him. Congress protects him. All this while his poll numbers have modestly increased.

A lot of people simply don't see a way in which he is ultimately going to be held accountable.

Are there some trolls? Probably.

18. kazzjot

kazzjot

There are definitely Russian bots on here so you may have a point

19. Derrick01

Derrick01

I know I made fun of this place in that thread yesterday because you guys get hyped on a weekly basis that some new thing will finally end him, but this is crazy. My first ban on this site was essentially for calling Trump to be executed french revolution style if he fired Mueller. Pretty sure that means I don't support him.

20. Exhibit F regarding why posting against the grain in political threads on Era is bad for your health.

21. marrec

marrec

This sounds like something a Russian Bot would say.

22. Aurongel

Aurongel

No, they're just too young to know what being defeated in an election feels like and aren't handling it in a constructive way.

23. drain the swap

24. EdibleKnife

EdibleKnife

As paranoid as this is I really don’t blame you for going down this road in the era of Russian & Alt-Right trolls. Truth is some people are just pessimistic to the point of just being frustrating and that’s really all there is to it.

25. djplaeskool

djplaeskool

[​IMG]

26. I do think it's super depressing that if this massive blue wave holds and we see 20 point surges across the country we might just....

...barely eek out slim majorities in the house and senate :-|

27. srsly?

srsly?

No. But most of the "I don't support Trump, but [Trump-supporting opinion]..." people likely are.

28. PhoenixDark

PhoenixDark

2016 has you guys shook. Between the defeatists in the other thread and the conspiracy theorists as represented by this OP it's not a good look.

29. Zackat

Zackat

This is stupid. No they're not.

30. Luchashaq

Luchashaq
    Banned Member

When it comes to "nothing will come of this" many people here have never really followed a long investigation, and don't understand to build an unbeatable case will take Mueller years of work to nail everything down perfectly. Rushing in half assed after a year might work to nail these buffoons but it's not worth the risk.

Also many people simply don't understand that really nothing will come out of 95% of this until Mueller is done because the GOP doesn't give a fuck at best and is more likely 100% complicit with the Russian shit. That combined with their fear that Trump would go rogue with his own third party (just big enough to fuck the GOP for years to come) if the GOP turned on him means that there is literally nothing Trump could do short of trying to nuke an American city that would make the GOP push him out/Evangelical's to turn on him. Literally nothing, 4k footage of him engaging in pedophilia, a 100% blatant admittance of every Russian accusation etc. NOTHING.

When it comes to the country being full of morons, the DNC being great at grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory etc, it's more that there is little evidence that those things have changed long term just because people are pissed that Trump sucks so much.

31. GrizzleBoy

GrizzleBoy

[​IMG]

BUT WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN????

32. NervousXtian

NervousXtian

Wow get outside enjoy the sun . This is tinfoil hat territory.

33. Hodgy

Hodgy

id say this describes a lot of people on this forum. not just the defeatists but also the militant supporters that take anything that is even slightly against the grain as being a republican or alt-right opinion.

34. Shauni

Shauni
    Banned Member

Lol, no, come on now

Well, then fucking leave. GAF is still there. You can post with glee there about how shit the old board was and how shit this one is

35. DanarchyReigns

DanarchyReigns
    Member OP

Okay okay, I probably should step away.

Probably avoid political threads for a while too.

I'd go outside but it's raining.

36. kingkaiser

kingkaiser

<Alex Jones intensifies>

37. Betty

Betty

There are definitely people like that, make no mistake.

38. Metallix87

Metallix87
    Banned Member

I've been feeling like a new McCarthyism has been rising on the left for some time now, so it makes sense.

39. 4859

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/neogaf-resetera.9636/

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.0

There are actually a lot of these. Era is pretty popular for all of them.

Get them excited and you can use Google to follow them back to their shit nests because they copy and paste responses.

40. Envelope

Envelope

41. Chocobo Blade

Chocobo Blade

They're actually lizard people in disguise.

42. Relix

Relix

So, witch hunt now? Some of you are going mad, wow.

43. The Kree

The Kree

Seems legit.

44. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera

No, I just know how American politics work when partisan control of government goes unopposed.

45. Shauni

Shauni
    Banned Member

Anyone who thinks Trump's election was just a simple lost election truly is really the ignorant one. Anyone who can't see the level of seriousness surronding that and isn't sounding the alarm either isn't paying attention or is privileged enough to not care.

46. Some of y'all are on the internet and this place so much it fucks with your perception, puts you in a little bubble.

47. FreeMufasa

FreeMufasa

You’re right that there are a lot of secret trump supporters here, but your examples are just defeatist dudes

48. Gotchaye

Gotchaye

Liberals turning on each other like this is why Trump's going to win re-election.

49. marrec

marrec

Good idea my dude, go enjoy the rain [strike]comrade[/strike] friend.

50. EnronERA

EnronERA

No thank you, that place is a cesspool now but this place has all of the same issues that it did before the great split. I guess that was to be expected since it is mostly the same posters.

You honestly like this attack-dog mentality that OT seems to be getting worse and worse with? Posters are just looking for one little thing, anything, to get upset about so they can go on the warpath even against people that agree with them.

51. Shauni

Shauni
    Banned Member

The left was the bad guy all along

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.