Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GUIDE] Prince Of Persia

This table was created for the Steam version of Prince Of Persia. It includes a pause free camera, FOV, time control, HUD Removal.

Cheat Engine Table
Download Table

[Camera Control] (Page Down)

Enable the camera script at any time by pressing [Page Down]. The camera control in PoP is broken up into one set of coordinates for the camera location in 3D space and a rotation matrix for the camera vector. The free camera will only work when the game is paused at the Main Menu [Esc].

I'm telling you right now, you are going to hate the camera's rotational control! All I've been able to do is expose the vector(?) values and bind them to keys. Depending on when/where you enable the camera the keys will rotate the camera in a different direction. You may need to use two or even three keys together to rotate around a specific axis. Honestly, your going to need to experiment...every time you enable the camera.

Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate

I/K = <<direction change>>
J/L = <<direction change>>
O/. = <<direction change>>

Hold CTRL for larger movements
Hold ALT for smaller movements

KP_Plus / KP_Minus to adjust FOV (only works while game is paused)

[Pause Menu HUD Removal] (Delete)

This is a three step process to pause the game and remove the HUD for an uncluttered view.
1. Prime the HUD removal script with the [Del] key.
2. Press [Esc], or [Start] on your controller, to bring up the Main Menu.
2.5. If you forgot to press [Del] to enable the script you can do that now. I keep the table up on a second monitor so I can see if it is enabled or not.
3. Exit out of the Main Menu, press [Esc] or [Start] again, and you will be presented with a paused game without a HUD.
Feel free to move the camera around and change FOV with the above keys. It shouldn't matter what the values of the rotational controls are set to as these will be overwritten after exiting this pause state. They do only go from -1 to 1 though and control works better if you stay within this range. Sometimes rotating in the opposite direction gets you where you want to be faster.

To exit the pause camera just disable the script by pressing the [Del] key. You may want to prime this again for the next time.

[Time Control] (B)

Press B to enable the time control script, then:
[N] to set time to 0. (this was for a camera with mouse rotation that I may add if I can get it to work properly)
[Shift+N] to set time to 1.
[Alt+N] to set time to 0.3.

Rendering Resolution

There are two options at the moment; GeDoSaTo or DSR, both require you to set the resolution in the registry first.

In Regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\UbiSoft\Prince of Persia\1.0\Engine where you can change the below keys to the settings you want to use. These default to HEX so make sure to tick the Decimal button.
ScreenResolutionHeight
ScreenResolutionWidth
AspectRatioOverride
You will need to make sure there is a valid method for rendering that resolution you just set so either use a native 60Hz resolution, use DSR, or use GeDoSaTo.

DSR + SGSSAA

If going this method, I suggest using SGSSAA with your DSR resolution. Use NVidia Inspector to force the Antialiasing Compatability bit 0x080002C0 and while your in there change the Anisotropic Filtering Mode to User defined and Anisotropic filtering method to 16x.

GeDoSaTo

1. Add PrinceOfPersia_Launcher to the whitelist.
2. Create a new user profile for PrinceOfPersia_Launcher and add the following to fix the mouse control in menus:
modifySetCursorPos true
interceptWindowProc true
Note: I found that Alt-Tabing out of the game while a level was loaded would crash the game for me when GeDoSaTo was being used. Until a solution is found for this make sure to Alt-Tab out at the main menu before loading a savegame to attach the CE Table.

Comments

• This is a surprise :)

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

What comes next? BRUTAL LEGEND Please !!!!
  • No problem, but you probably don't want to thank me until after you've tried out the camera controls! =)

PoP has been sitting in my library for a while and I'm not really sure why, such a great looking game with an excellent musical score. Finding it relaxing after the confusing combos and furious button mashing that was Injustice (or any fighting game for that matter). Playing for a bit I realized I might be able to do something with the games pause menu...and then I couldn't put it down until I'd figured out the camera control. Still not entirely happy about the rotation but may be able to come back and do something about that later when I actually learn how to use Assembly properly.

I was going to have a look at Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands but I can't start the game without an Internet connection. This hidden DRM on some games really hits home when you don't have a constant Internet connection. What a pain, almost half of the games in my Steam library do not work.

Can't make any promises but Brutal Legend is on my list to look at as well.
  • edited September 2015
    I played POP first time on Xbox 360 and in my steam library is long time but not trying yet PC version. Forgotten Sands is very nice looking game with many great locations . That is ideal game for screenshots. Aspect ratio works well for all formats.
  • Update: link fixed.