?

Tsukuba will be added to the season 2 schedule - which track should make way?

Poll closed May 28, 2018.
  1. Willow springs

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Monza

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Neither - keep the original schedule

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Do all of them - Adds additional week, finale on the 13th May

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Sejanoz

Sejanoz

yeah I never really had any major contacts in the first two seasons (not sure if I was lagging back then), and I don't consider myself an aggressive driver. I remember at Interlagos I was glued to prarts' butt for 40 whole minutes, no contact whatsoever.
    It seems like I'm collecting them all now lol

2. DHC-Shannow

DHC-Shannow

I think when CLR is lapping you he makes it obvious where he wants to go which makes it easy to get out of his way. Some of the other guys were more likely to slipstream until the last second which can panic you a bit and lead to bad situations.

Looking at the vids it looks like lag is the big contributor in this - also as you are fighting for position Sejanoz is going to want to stay behind and get the most slipstream before diving out, and not telegraph his intentions. So I can see it from both sides, personally if I had a quicker guy in close proximity whilst I was heading into a hard braking zone I would be keeping an eye on my mirror whilst turning in just in case they went for a dive up the inside.

3. JamboGT

JamboGT
    Vehicle Handling Designer Verafied

Honestly looks like a racing incident to me, exacerbated by lag.

4. BradleyLove

BradleyLove

Are we really doing this? Bringing in video to use against other players?

5. BradleyLove

BradleyLove

Lack of peripheral vision doesn’t help either.

6. eyeball_kid

eyeball_kid

See, I didn't really even consider us to be "fighting for position" yet. This was lap 2, after the horrible the first lap. I was just trying to settle into a rhythm and catch up with the group ahead (and was, until that happened). Sejanoz got a draft on me and decided to have a go. But again, the article I posted sums my feelings on those late passes: if you as the passer aren't up side-by-side with or ahead of the car you're trying to pass at corner entry, it's your responsibility as the passer to back off.

And passing at that chicane is just higher risk, which means you are risking the other person's race as well as your own. Could've waited until the right-hander or drafted past me on the straight. I think we collectively did a fairly good job of waiting for the right opportunity with the mixed-league racing; I'm not sure why races this season have become more do-or-die (speaking collectively, not anyone in particular).

Hey, I didn't even name anyone originally and didn't want to; Sejanoz spoke up and said it was him, so the discussion started. I didn't post video to make a legal case, but to show the incident from both perspectives and have a discussion based on factual evidence rather than vague statements. I think it's been helpful to know where we're all coming from.

Ha yeah, the physics system is not great in this game. Cars often feel like billiard balls, it's like the cars don't actually have much weight.

7. JamboGT

JamboGT

I would honestly have no trepidation licking and sending a pass into that corner, it's the first braking point after the longest straight on the track, it's THE passing point on the track if anything, especially with a bit of a slipstream. Contact still sucks for those involved of course.

I also recommend the radar as well when not racing with fuel use on, helps with those moments when you aren't sure where people are, as Bradley said the lack of peripheral vision doesn't help either.

8. eyeball_kid

eyeball_kid

I've decided to drop out of the league. It's clear from reading your replies that most of you have a different concept of league racing than I wanted out of friendly, respectful, chill, no drama races here at Era. So it's better that I drop out than continuing to get stressed by the races and complaining when I'm obviously in the minority of opinion, because I definitely don't need additional stress in my life right now. Best of luck to the rest of you.

9. DHC-Shannow

DHC-Shannow

Balls :-( Dude no one wants you to drop out or feel stressed by the racing. Please stick with the league and continue racing, you're part of the crew and we don't want you to go!

10. Fifanutz

Fifanutz

Hey don't do that. Please rethink. This league is a work in progress, we'll get it right eventually. Everyone has been asking the question why have attitudes changed since season 1. Is it because without pits and tyre wear we spend more time in the vicinity of others? Shorter races mean more aggression? I also suspect that as we all get to know each other we're more comfortable with each other and probably take a few more liberties than maybe we should. Stick with it bro the league is a better place for having you in it

11. GHG

GHG
    Member OP

People dropping out isn't going to fix the issues we've been having in recent races as far as argy bargy goes.

Well unless everyone drops out that is... :/

eyeball_kid you don't need to drop out over this man.

12. Thing is i'm not even sure that a formation lap will help, people will still go in hot I think. I'm thinking that damage is probably the best route but that does also mean the victim is going to be stitched up too.

13. Fifanutz

Fifanutz

Okay guys. Whats a good time to get around the Tokyo track in the open wheel Honda? I'm hearing 1:25ish but that might be a push for me I have come down from 1:35 to 1:28 in 2 practice sessions though so you never know :-)

14. eyeball_kid

eyeball_kid

Well, I don't necessarily want to drop out, but I'm skeptical that punitive measures will work if most people here chalk up the last race to racing incidents where no one was really at fault. If the majority opinion is that things like dropping into corners late are acceptable maneuvers, then it's just going to continue to lead to collisions even if penalties or damage are applied. And I don't want to try to change minds if the majority of you are fine with that kind of racing. That's cool if that's what you want, I just can't be a part of it because I am too piled on with my own stress right now, don't need it from a game. I was basically in a bad mood all Sunday from that last race. I just had a more clean, respectful FIA race with randoms than I did on DT, and that's the opposite of what I wanted from our races.

15. Fifanutz

Fifanutz

Any chance I could get lobby settings in particular wall collision penalties Weak or Strong? and Time of day for the Tokyo race please

16. GHG

GHG
    Member OP

Wall collisions strong, TOD will be the night time one.

I've had no time to practice for the next race and struggle to see where I will get the time before it takes place so I will be winging it :)

17. Fifanutz

Fifanutz

Thanks

18. JamboGT

JamboGT

Hey all, I am in Ireland this weekend and Scotland next weekend... will put me out of contention but still happy to rejoin when I get back if that is ok!

19. DHC-Shannow

DHC-Shannow

I'm still in France this weekend so it's doubtful I'll manage to get on either, just so frustrating :-(

20. Fifanutz

Fifanutz

Okay now just to sabotage CLR, Mitch and Sejanoz and the rest of us can scrap it out for a victory ;-)