1. Stunner911

Stunner911

I want to know what Gon and killua are doing

2. NHarmonic.

NHarmonic.

Tetha will kill terrorsandwich.

3. remz

remz

I'm split on this. she's a trained hunter / nen master so she shouldn't really be in any danger/can probably turn him into red paste but the nen beast thing is ambiguous

4. Lotus

Lotus

I'm going to start calling him Terrorsandwich now.

5. HStallion

HStallion

Stick Dinner is still the best HxH name

6. I've been so busy with school that I can finally get caught up again.

7. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

This series would be a lot better if Kurapika and the Troupe were dead. The whole plot line between them feels so minor at this point since K easily killed Uvogin and captured Chrollo in the past. That minor plot line was even further sidelined by having Hisoka kill the Spiders. Why do any of them even exist at this point?.

8. remz

remz

If you find kurapika, hisoka, the spiders pointless filler what do you consider the main plot of hunter x hunter? what would a non filler story arc look like to you ?

how is it sidelining the spiders by having hisoka start killing them, isn't that bringing them more into the forefront?
    I don't think offscreening all these characters would be good for the story. and by bringing them back for a last hurrah seems like a nice way to tie up some of the plot threads still hanging (chapter 0, sheila, the origins of the kurta... what's chrollo's deal?)

it's particularly appropriate to touch on this stuff now if you buy into the kurta being from the DC.

9. JadedWriter

JadedWriter

If Hisoka, Chrollo and Kurapika are pointless then what is Leeorio?

10. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

I don’t think it’s filler, it’s just that that they’ve done their best to make it feel so minor and irrelevant. Kurapika wished to become OP to beat them after just becoming a hunter. Easily captures Chrollo and kills Uvogin(my fav character, and him vs the Shadow Beasts is the best fight/scene in the series). This is Sasuke giving a beat down to Itachi when they first meet up again. The Troupe which were built up to be so threatening are now pushovers for Kurapika. The Troupe don’t even seem to have any lofty goals, they were just stealing from an auction in Yorknew and now want to get more treasure. His sworn enemies are just being killed off by Hisoka now so that has no emptional impact. It’s like somebody else killing the Godhand for Guts. Kurapika now has this time limit thing which is so shounen stupid. It taking off years of his life MEANS NOTHING if we don’t actually get to see him age because of it.

11. SneakersSO

SneakersSO

Well, since its returning soon, I gotta set the 'Watch' on for this thread.

12. HStallion

HStallion

You seem to be looking at HxH like you're wanting a typical shounen with some driving force through out the series like some great threat or villain or huge task that has to be accomplished. The Phantom Troupe is not the akatsuki trying to gather the tailed beast. The Spiders don't need to have a "point" to exist in the HxH universe. The point of them is to rob shit as they please and occasionally fuck some people up if they feel so inclined. Chrollo's whole point is to steal things be it riches or other people's nen abilities. Hisoka just wants a good fight. That's the point and you shouldn't be looking for some kind of grander objective or greater push by Togashi for them.

13. Philippo

Philippo

Isn't that like one of the main points of HxH? That the 4 main characters are in fact irrelevant compared to the world? They are always the ones around important characters, and their actions only slightly change the outcome of events.

14. Thuddert

Thuddert

All the arcs are very different from each other.

15. Daingurse

Daingurse

Greed Island could have been a stand alone series lol. I love the radical shifts in tone, and focus from arc to arc in HxH.

16. Philippo

Philippo

To me it always feel like the same group of characters going through different DnD's campaigns.

17. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

Why should I care about them then since those characters, their existance, goals and fights are all trivial and boring. I like Hisoka and don’t have a problem with him(other than the pedo stuff which is just not funny anymore)

The Dark Continent sounds cool and that’s what I’m waiting for.

18. HStallion

HStallion

You don't have to care about them as that's your prerogative but they are as trivial as anyone else as powerful as they are in the world of HxH. Not too mention this is like asking what the point of them is before we have even seen most of the events following the Hisoka vs Chrollo battle. Its like asking what the point of Komugi after her first meeting with the King.

19. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

The Chimera Ants/Dark Continent is way more interesting and important than the Spiders stealing stuff.

20. HStallion

HStallion

And the Spiders are going to be related to that entire plot as they're on a giant boat going to that very place. You don't have to like them but don't act like they won't be involved in what's going to happen in regards to the DC.

21. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

Don’t they want to steal stuff from the boat?. Do they even care that much about going to the Dark Continent?.

22. HStallion

HStallion

They're there to steal stuff from the royal family that funded and is leading the expedition to the Dark Continent as well as having someone who wants them all dead protecting one of the royal family members. Now add in the fact Hisoka might be on board gunning for them like crazy and that the Zodiacs would eventually have to most likely get involved considering Chrollo is on the lower decks with the normal people. Its a powderkeg waiting to explode and everyone on board will be involved, for better or for worse.

23. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

Apart from Hisoka and Beyond Netero, I don’t really care about any of them because I haven’t been given a reason to. I’m hoping a lot of them die.

24. HStallion

HStallion

Yeah I know, you keep implying that and I'm saying your other points about them being pointless and what not don't really make sense considering the set up of the situation at hand.

25. Lotus

Lotus

Wait, what? What was the most recent example

26. Pein

Pein

He hisoka stuff I don’t think has anything to do with gon being underage.

Hisoka just lust’s for a good fight, like how Vegeta and goku do dumb shit in hopes of a good battle. I think it is funny dude pops a boner because he wants to fight, I mean that’s his only motive we’ve seen he wants to fight, might as well take that to extremes.

27. Daingurse

Daingurse

Hisoka is like a lude Goku. His views towards strength, and fighting are perverted and twisted. His bloodlust gives him a sexual thrill.

28. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

Am I alone or is Killua’s Godspeed hair just dumb?

[​IMG]

29. Heromanz

Heromanz

This boat stuff is kind of boring.

30. Pein

Pein

I think it looks badass and I like that electricity changes the look of the hair, I dig it when the 4th raikage amuses the same sorta technique and his cornrows also stand up lol

31. Daingurse

Daingurse

Godspeed Killua is badass looking, hair and all. Gives me mad SSJ2 Gohan vibes.

32. HStallion

HStallion

I imagine Killua will look like his father once he's grown up and be sporting some long ass hair. Him going Godspeed is going to look like he's Super Saiyan.

33. caliph95

caliph95

It's a combination of ultra instinct and SS2

34. Kirblar

Kirblar

The series changes entire genres from arc to arc.

It's riffing off Shonen/Seinen genres and tropes.

License arc: Adventure
    Killua's family arc:
    Battle Tower: Sports
    Yorknew: Crime
    Greed Island: Card Games
    Chimera Ants: War
    Election: Politics
    Boat: Horror

35. Voltty

Voltty

Is the Zoldyck family not worth a genre?

36. Kirblar

Kirblar

I actually don't know what to call it lol

37. B-Dubs

B-Dubs
    Oh well, what the hell Moderator

I think it can be lumped in with adventure.

38. HStallion

HStallion

It was the Sasuke retrieval arc but... short and to the point.

39. Thuddert

Thuddert

Greed Island is actually an isekai in retrospective.

40. JadedWriter

JadedWriter

Killua vs Menthol Youtube is hype as fuck.

41. Yes youre alone, cause its the best.Strongest character in the manga reconfirmed.

42. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

I love Shiki, but Killua’s hair just looks way too spiky and out of place.

43. Twig

Twig

I like that it looks like electricity has making it stick out weirdly. I think they went pretty far overboard, though. So, I both agree and disagree.

I need to buy more manga volumes. Bought up to five. They just left the mansion and entered the tournament tower. Gosh I sure do like Hunter x Hunter a lot!!

How far do the translated manga volumes go? I only barely read past the end of the anime.

44. Daingurse

Daingurse

They're translated thru volume 33 right now.

Edit: Oh, past the end of the anime? Picks up at the very end of volume 32 I believe. You can get the rest of the individual chapters past volume 33 in Weekly Shonen Jump.

45. Lotus

Lotus

I hope you're alone.

46. Twig

Twig

I more meant in terms of events that happen, not volume number. :P

But that gives me a pretty good idea, cheers.

I do intend to continue buying from the beginning and catching up. It's been a while, and nice to revisit.

47. Daingurse

Daingurse

Ah, gotcha!

I greatly enjoyed my re-read when I collected the volumes last year. It reaffirmed my love for the series, and was just a ton of fun overall.

48. lupianwolf

lupianwolf

I don’t understand how people like the Netero and Meruem fight, it was just this

[​IMG]

49. Lotus

Lotus

That fight was dope as hell. Especially it's conclusion.

50. Thuddert

Thuddert

That fight wasn't a simply battle of showing the bigger penis, that was a war between two generals.

And like warstories go, there are no real winners.