Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jag

Jag

Guess I'll have to do my patriotic duty and jump on to check it out for us.

2. Dr. Benton Quest

Dr. Benton Quest
    Resettlement Advisor Member

You think they're all there willingly? Whistling and smiling while deadly gas is in the same room as them?

3. game-biz

game-biz

People really need to stop with the fear mongering in this thread.

4. Wtf is this?

We always rail against Trump supporters' flimsy/non-existent political stances, and how their opinions are only reactionary in nature to Liberals.

Don't do this shit.

If you don't know how to feel, read a couple of articles about it. Don't run over to Breitbart and get excited that they're upset. That's ridiculous.

5. Avitus

Avitus

This "omg ww3" shit is starting to genuinely annoy.

6. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter
    Banned Member

Oh boy...

7. QisTopTier

QisTopTier
    Community Resettler Member

Honestly something dramatic will have to take place for this to happen such as a lost war vs the us directly or a complete shift in the people in powers view on what america should be doing.

8. FrakEarth

FrakEarth

I read it differently. I read it to mean they are saying that this strike on behalf of Western powers is part of a pre-designed Russophobic plan. It's this bit that's concerning:

9. Mahonay

Mahonay

No. This was a single strike, and Russia was allowed to get out of the way.

10. famikon

famikon

11. Noroi_Kisaragi

Noroi_Kisaragi
    Banned Member

No

Only get scared if china says anything.

12. Crocodile

Crocodile

I would have more faith in this except
    • The messaging for this has been all over the place. Earlier Trump wanted to pull all troops out of Syria, then he wanted to do some sort of mega-strike. Now we have I guess a medium strike? Mattis said this is a one time shot but earlier we had reporting this would be a continued campaign. This flip-floping isn't filling me with confidence (putting aside I wouldn't trust Trump to hold my change LOL).
    • Sure is nice to do this now in the midst of one of the most scandal-filled Fridays in this Presidency (i.e. "Wag the Dog").
    • If Trump LEGIT cared about the plight of the Syrian people, he'd be letting Syrian refugees into the US. The fact that he isn't tells me he doesn't really care about what's going on. There is no moral cause here.
    • I'm 99% sure this is illegal without Congressional approval. It's fine if you don't care of course but that does kind of matter.
    Like those going on about "OMG WWIII" were being silly. But "I guess Trump is good now" takes are pretty bad too.

13. BrutalInsane

BrutalInsane

WE. ARE. ALL. GOING. TO. DIE.

14. Wonderment

Wonderment

There are members of our community affected by these events. Do not downplay them as unworthy of worry. Thank you.

15. Opto

Opto

I do expect US forces are not going to be tolerated anymore in Syria, even if they're there "just to fight ISIS"

16. Kitad

Kitad

Nonsense, if his approval rating goes down or his base of support gets weaker, then that's a great thing and something I like to pay attention to

Also, it seems you read one post of a long discussion and assumed I don't have a position about this. I do have a position. Its of support of the strikes.

17. TouchOfGray

TouchOfGray

By far the most embarrassing thread I've ever had the displeasure of reading in a very long time.

I hope all you fear mongers get very little sleep tonight.

18. kristoffer

kristoffer
    Banned Member

It was perfectly reasonable to predict what someone would do if nobody was enforcing the Geneva convention. I think a do nothing approach would normally be paired with the hope that the conflict would end quickly. But Obama prolonged the conflict by arming militia groups! Obama was a victim of trying to overcome the "Washington playbook" as he called it but still remaining true to American values. Then again, what was the post-Iraq president going to do? Just one of those lessons, I guess.

19. Easy_D

Easy_D

Y'all sounding like a doomsday cult

20. finalflame

finalflame

Yes, because Russia's response isn't troubling. Quite the calm demeanor you have in the face of Russia saying our attacks won't go without retribution.

21. Woolley

Woolley

No. Russia isn't going to war over this.

22. Cochese

Cochese

Even posturing, that doesn’t sound fine and dandy.

23. Chalfonts

Chalfonts

It helps them a little bit

At the end of the day they're living on borrowed time. Their slow, painful deaths are inevitable and the "world powers" who were so quick to rush into iraq to find imaginary weapons will do fuck all because of russia

This at least gives them more time

24. thefit

thefit

Yeah, if they limit their response to releases compromising material on Trump and the GOP, well that ain’t all bad and unexpected.

25. Kinsei

Kinsei

Fuck.

I really hope there are very few civilian casualties.

26. Avitus

Avitus

This has happened numerous times before. It is completely routine. It is only surprising or alarming to people that never pay attention to this sort of thing.

27. Venom

Venom

So many weird, tin foil trump haters here who I thought were decent people who could rationalise thoughts without automatically throwing conspiracies around.

Now see, nearly everyone including me hates Trump but when you start spewing shite around like some of the stuff in this thread I don't think you'll ever be taken seriously again in any context of any thread. Some of you need to chill and the k before posting. You're not children, you're grown adults however hard that is to believe.

These strikes were absolutely necessary by US, France and UK. I'm personally glad as a British citizen that Teresa May decided to go ahead because we needed to take action against people willing to use weapons of mass destruction against their own fellow men, women and children.

28. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter
    Banned Member

Nah, doesn't have to be dramatic. Iraq and Afghanistan are losses for the US. It'll just be bleed dry. I mean look now. There's so little investment in the country itself, all the money goes to welfare for corporations and the military. It's unsustainable. It's like a bubble that is waiting to burst. It will take awhile but it will pop.

29. Rion

Rion

An an extremely anxious person. Thank you for this.

30. Kitad

Kitad

Just to be curious. what do you expect an embassy to say?

31. Kyra

Kyra
    The Eggplant Queen Member

It's only doomsday if trumps approval rating rises.

32. dusteatingbug

dusteatingbug

Imagine actually thinking like this

33. finalflame

finalflame

Mind to share an example? I'd love to read more.

34. Gwenpoolshark

Gwenpoolshark

Thank you

35. Owl

Owl

Honestly whether it affects members here or not, there are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people in Syria that this affects. It shouldn't be taken lightly whether you think these bombings are needed or not.

36. Muffin

Muffin

How about you actually address people and their arguments instead of vaguely calling people thinking these strikes wont help crazy and voicing your support?

37. JeTmAn

JeTmAn

38. game-biz

game-biz

Yep, well said. A lot of embarrassing comments in this thread.

39. Togruta

Togruta

Yeah you’re right tbh. I guess it’s not a reason for the strikes, I just think that Trump and his team are probably real pumped that they can use this as a distraction.

40. Dizagaox

Dizagaox

Unless there's a US airline flying over Ukraine, Russia ain't doing shit. I support this operation though Trump is not the one who should be leading it.

41. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter
    Banned Member

I don't agree with you at all. In fact, I vehemently disagree. But I respect this point of view. Only thing I ask is you apply it FAIRLY. So if ever there is a situation where any of these three use chemical weapons (the US was the last ones to use them), you be equally outraged.

42. Chalfonts

Chalfonts

Probably not, but if someone's got to die i'd rather it be them than the innocent children being killed by their weapons

43. Ok, I actually apologize for assuming you don't have a position, and yes I jumped into a longer discussion. My bad.

44. Mahonay

Mahonay

It's America. Of course it will.

Here's hoping after tonight the news cycle returns to hitting with the crazy discoveries from the FBI/Mueller investigations.

45. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

Russia can shove it. They're next.

46. Noroi_Kisaragi

Noroi_Kisaragi
    Banned Member

Yea russia is just gonna bomb paris new york and london.

No, ww3 not happening. At worst, allies will be told to leave syria. If they dont, then you can worry

47. shinobi602

shinobi602
    Newman Administrator

48. NullPointer

NullPointer

Last year Russia's response was to reduce cooperation with US forces in the region and bolster Syria's AA defenses.

This latest response is very different.

49. whytemyke

whytemyke

No shit. It's doing no good and is based on absolutely no evidence

50. Jag

Jag

He's not wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.