1. patapon

patapon
    Member OP

Mod hijack:

Sony Interactive Entertainment Shanghai announced that it is hosting the 2018 PlayStation China conference in Shanghai, corresponding to ChinaJoy 2018 on 2nd of August 2018 at 14:00 (Chinese Standard Time) with the theme of [游索不同]. =P

It is likely that there will be news updates for games coming to the Chinese market - ranging from updates on China Hero Project to games like Marvel's Spider-Man, Monster Hunter World, NBA2K19 and more.

There will be a livestream on douyu.

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.a9vg.com/news/201807/1554719751.html

Can't wait to to see new games out of China Hero Project Initiative. Really excited.

2. Mediking

Mediking

Wait...what? A Playstation conference is happening TOMORROW?

3. Mondy

Mondy

I think that tweet is either very poorly worded or is straight clickbait. We would have heard about this much earlier if it were a legit PS press conference

4. Mmh I think the title of the thread should mention clearly this is about the China Hero Project, especially since some are going to hope for a gamescom/PGW conference =)

5. patapon

patapon
    Member OP

Had no space left lol

6. Donthizz

Donthizz

Didn’t even know about this thing. Hopefully new games get announced

7. patapon

patapon
    Member OP

ZhugeEX can you please clarify?

8. wapplew

wapplew

It's ChinaJoy conference, aim for Chinese market. So probably some localize news, some China hero project update and this.
    [​IMG]

9. Neural

Neural

More context. It should showcase these games:

• Pervader (Beijing Light & Digital Technology Co.,Ltd)
    • The X Animal (Internet Stars / Beijing Hulianxingmeng Technology Co.,Ltd)

(taken from Gematsu https://gematsu.com/2017/03/playsta...ounced-includes-lost-soul-aside-code-hardcore)

10. Tetrinski

Tetrinski

OP should explain what the China Hero Project is so that we don't all make Google a few cents richer.

11. Egida

Egida

No Monkey King? That was the most appealing of the bunch, right up there with Lost Soul Aside.

12. RyoonZ

RyoonZ

Would love to see more of that Monkey King gameplay and hopefully some more Chinese aesthetic game coming to PS4.

13. Nightengale

Nightengale
    Nameless Owl Moderator

Sony Interactive Entertainment Shanghai announced that it is hosting the 2018 PlayStation China conference in Shanghai, corresponding to ChinaJoy 2018 on 2nd of August 2018 at 14:00 (Chinese Standard Time) with the theme of [游索不同]. =P

It is likely that there will be news updates for games coming to the Chinese market - ranging from updates on China Hero Project to games like Marvel's Spider-Man, Monster Hunter World, NBA2K19 and more.

No details on whether or not it is live-streamed this year.

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.a9vg.com/news/201807/1554719751.html

14. SephiZack

SephiZack

Some of these projects look very interesting, I am looking forward to tomorrow's conference

15. Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

old, but better OP.

Edit: This post doesn‘t make sense anymore.

16. jiggle

jiggle

He's like front and center in the poster above

17. Nightengale

Nightengale
    Nameless Owl Moderator

Hijacked the OP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. bombshell

bombshell

It's a legit PlayStation press conference, but primarily aimed for the Chinese market with games made by Chinese devs.

19. patapon

patapon
    Member OP

Lol

20. Acquiescence

Acquiescence

GET HYPED BOIS! Bloodborne 2/Horizon 2/Ratchet & Clank 2 announcements incoming.

21. Egida

Egida

Yeah but strangely enough, it isn't listed in the Gematsu article. Hope they'll show something, the announcement trailer looked very promising.

22. patapon

patapon
    Member OP

Oh yes! There will be a livestream :D

23. Pmichael

Pmichael

Nice to see Sony trying to cultivate the large software potential of the Chinese industry.

24. RyoonZ

RyoonZ

游索不同 Nice pun lol

I hope more Chinese aesthetic game like these comes to PS4

25. KrigareN-

KrigareN-

Yes,

This is why Sony held back on E3.

China is gonna supplant the Japanese gaming market!

26. Lukemia SL

Lukemia SL

Trying to appeal to the 1%, clever Sony.

27. Dinjooh

Dinjooh

Slight chuckle

28. I'm looking forward to it.

New game-play videos, trailers, localization announcements, etc.

Would be cool if there's a CRPG too.

29. Lukemia SL

Lukemia SL

Lol, we remember.

30. ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX
    诸葛亮 - 卧龙 Administrator

I'm attending it so.....

This presentation is for the china market so don't expect any announcements that people in the West will care about. China Hero Project games will be shown though.

Monkey King will be there, and playable.

I will try to play it.

31. Henrik

Henrik

People should not expect much. It will be more like a TGS conference than E3, PGW, PSX. Localization announcements for Western and Japanese games we already know about, updates on China Hero Project games and maybe a new announcement from China Hero Project.

32. Philippo

Philippo

Really curious to see Monkey King.

33. Gamer17

Gamer17

Some of the games look great ,wtf.i wasn't expecting that.do these games release world wide?

34. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Wildest Dream: “Lost Soul Aside” announcement date, summer 2019

35. SmartWaffles

SmartWaffles

It'll mostly about stuff releasing in the Chinese market, probably not a lot of interesting stuff to people anywhere else other than the Monkey King game.

36. Labadal

Labadal

I wonder if Faith of Danschant will come to PS4. I played the PC version in Chinese, but I don't think we'll see it localized. It even has a free DLC that was released recently.

37. Ludens

Ludens

Oh man cant waiiit.

38. Gamer17

Gamer17

Will lost soul aside release world wide ? Or just China ? Looks freaking amazing

39. HMD

HMD

Sony should build a studio around that Lost Soul guy, he's so good it's scary.

40. Expy

Expy

Sony hoping to cash in on that 1%!

:P

41. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

In my opinion if any of these games are going to be released world wide it would be LSA.

That said right now these guys are a small team so I don't expect localization efforts any time soon.

42. SprachBrooks

SprachBrooks

Can't wait for this. They're going to reveal all their big-hitters. They'll re-present FFVII as well. So excited. I know I won't be disappointed. I know!

43. FelipeMGM

FelipeMGM
    #Skate4 Moderator

One of the pillars of China Hero Project is to help these teams break into the western market too, so I imagine all of them will be released worldwide.

The first one was released last month, The Walker for PSVR
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2844-CUSA11663_00-HAYMAKERWALKERUS

Kill X is also already confirmed for a western release
    https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/games/kill-x-ps4/

44. It breaks my heart how lil ppl know about china hero project :( hope the games are doing well so far. Lost souls aside and project boundary are my highlights

45. Arthands

Arthands

Its not just about China Hero Project. They will be showcasing some upcoming Playstation titles too

46. Viceratops

Viceratops

At PSX I played all the games from China Hero Project and they all had English localizations in the demos. And they allowed people who completed the challenges in all four of the playable games to write the developers from CHP a message on this banner type thing. And I didn’t see any Chinese writing on it. I think they are betting on significant sales from western countries for these projects. I’d be shocked if any of them have late localizations or just get straight up cancelled as western releases.

47. bunkitz

bunkitz

Come ooon, Monkey King!

48. Mikey Jr.

Mikey Jr.

The fuck is this monkey King game?

49. Natels

Natels

Give me some Lost Soul Aside

50. Sedated

Sedated

Make a thread on your experience there or post here about it!