#67 Peter Thiel
- PayPal cofounder Peter Thiel became a venture capitalist and early investor in Facebook.
- He also cofounded CIA-backed big data startup Palantir, which is valued at $20 billion.
- His estimated 10% stake in Palantir accounts for more than two-thirds of his net worth.
- Thiel, the first big investor in Facebook, has sold most of his stake in the social network but still sits on the company's board.
- His Thiel Foundation gives a small number of young entrepreneurs $100,000 over two years to skip college and pursue their business dreams.