Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAN PUNCHER

BAN PUNCHER

Why would someone sign up for a video game forum but not talk about video games?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. DBT85

DBT85

Cos they all loony toons over there.

3. NoblesseOblige

NoblesseOblige
    Community Resettler Member

I don't care about Nintendo so gaming side is mostly worthless to me.

4. vhoanox

vhoanox

I play like 2 games a year, so until Dragon Quest XI I have nothing to do with gaming side.

5. PuppetMinion

PuppetMinion

I don't post as much on the gaming side but I read both a lot. Gaming side for me is good for gathering information about games. But gaming is a matter of taste, so debating someone on which game is better etc. feels a bit pointless

6. I was about 15 when I got an Xbox 360. Now, I'm twice that age and have little time to play video games. However, I read a lot on current events and politics.

Maybe this statement is true for an entire generation of members who joined Gaf a decade ago?

7. Atraveller

Atraveller

This.

The good gaming discussions are in hangout. Plus gaming side is in no shortage of people with less than progressive views.

8. Labor

Labor

We have quite a few trump supporters

9. BLEEN

BLEEN

10. Continuum

Continuum

Instead of being an elitist asshat, I'll say that I enjoy the good from both sides.

If you focused on the negatives, both vg and etc would look like shit to you.

11. Shauni

Shauni

Last time I was there both Gaming and OT side were pretty dead, so I don't think a lot went back.

12. Machachan

Machachan

Too many gators thinking they're stealthy, mostly. And way too much "my console/steam is the only for me, all others are evil and every criticism is conspiracy" gamer tribalism.

13. pa22word

pa22word

Mmm

The only evidence you need for this is gaming side has safe spaces for gamers who are "okay" with stuff like hat in time's cozying up to facists and kingdom come's white supremacist director. "This thread is only for discussing the game please leave that otherstuff elsewhere" lol...

14. UsoEwin

UsoEwin

Haha, good show friends. I also like to look down on others and pat my own back on this absurdly niche corner of the internet.

15. MudoSkills

MudoSkills

All 4,000 of those threads are people saying which games not on the Switch would be perfect for the Switch.

16. Hoo-doo

Hoo-doo

It's actually quite stunning to visit it these days. In just ten minutes i've seen:
    - incel talking points ('there's lots of women out there who have had hundreds of sexual partners at 23')
    - straight denials of Trump's abusive history with women
    - defense of Alex Jones with barrages of 'FREE SPEECH' defenses
    - 'Who Is America is an edited political hitjob'

I mean, fortunately GAF OT currently gets like a single post every 5-10 minutes, but damn, that place is unsalvageable.

17. People who are pretentious and like to pretend they are more important than they really are.

Also, one side of ERA is now bullying other side of ERA? Geezz.

18. Rion

Rion

The whole "don't @ me" thing should be a perma ban offence imo. It's basically saying this is my opinion, don't dare disagree with it or if you do I don't want to know about it. That's far worse and more annoying than thread whining or port begging.

There's little point posting on a forum with an attitude like that.

19. ara

ara

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use "don't @ me" very seriously

20. With all the TLJ sucks hot take threads, I'd figure OT would be ahead of Gaming side.

21. Qikz

Qikz

New news means new thread means excetera will always be bigger. There's more off topic need than there is gaming news in general.

22. Hoo-doo

Hoo-doo

It's a meme.
    It's not serious, as evidenced by this thread where the guy who posted it probably got more @mentions than ever before.

23. BAN PUNCHER

BAN PUNCHER

24. Cerium

Cerium
    Project Lead Administrator

Thread has become largely about other forums and memes and appears to have run its course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.