1. kaf

kaf
    Technical Artist Verafied

Always felt Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light as one of the most beautiful games on DS

2. Clear_Strelok

Clear_Strelok

Let's pretend to be shocked that the most impressive early 3D game on the system was developed by Shin'en.

3. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

didn't show up for me at all on desktop

4. Indeed it is, I love its visuals !

5. DyByHands

DyByHands

Yeah that looks about right. From my memory anyways. I came to post this. I loved that game. And while it was kind of odd, it did look good in motion.

And I will give another vote to Okamiden. I loved it, visually speaking.

6. Worthintendo

Worthintendo

I kinda wish they had of stuck with that art style for the follow up games with the Bravely series and now Octopath. Don't get me wrong all the games in this series (kinda series) look amazing, just the idea of 4 Heroes of Light but progressed to HD would be amazing.

7. Strings

Strings

Matrix Software was on a huge roll with the DS. They also did 4 Heroes of Light, FFIII, FFIV, Avalon Code and Nostalgia, which are all pretty wonderful looking games.

8. Dr. Caroll

Dr. Caroll

Part of why the Nintendo DS had so many games running at 60fps is because the hardware could draw 2048 polygons per frame and no more.

9. Bomblord

Bomblord
    Member OP

Per frame instead of per second? Why couldn't they halve the frames to double the polygons produced in the same time period?