One can upgrade magento 2 using the two basic methods, these two methods are discussed following. One of them is upgrading by use of admin panel as describe below.
Upgrade from the Magento 2 Admin:
You need to follow the steps below for upgrade by using admin panel.
- Log in to the Magento Admin as an administrator.
- Click System > Tools > Web Setup Wizard. …
- Click System Configuration.
- If you haven’t already done so, enter your authentication keys in the provided fields. …
- Click Save Config.
- Click System Upgrade. …
- Continue with Step 1.
Upgrade Using Composer:
Following command are need to run if you want to upgrade magento 2 using composer.
- First of all connect ssh using any command line utility
- composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.0.5 –no-update
- composer update
- rm -rf var/di var/generation
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- php bin/magento indexer:reindex
Once all above commands will be successfully¬† run, you can check your latest magento 2 version by following commands.
php bin/magento –version