TheBeardedOne
    Banned Member

2. ckareset

ckareset

It's a skit for trailer purposes

3. Sou Da

Sou Da

[​IMG]

Poison/stun though writers tend to use them as Wolverine claws for some reason.

4. GlamFM

GlamFM

Yeah. That’s what i thought.

Is it at Gamescom? If so I might play it tomorrow.

5. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

Oh good, we have reached the downgrade discussion portion of a games release.

6. Derrick01

Derrick01

I'm not going to beat the downgrade drum and freak out or anything but this isn't really true. There's more missing in that comparison than just water puddles. There's a pretty huge lighting and shadow reduction as well.

7. Shark

Shark

lol, the Spidey subreddit is going crazy with downgrade talk.

8. Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Yes.

9. HStallion

HStallion

I find these kinds of comparisons rather disingenuous as we don't know the quality of the sources of these pictures on top of the fact that a lot of the differences aren't a downgrade but just changes. Less puddles doesn't mean all that much.

10. Dust

Dust

I fucking love Insomniac.
    One of my favorite developers.

11. Rion

Rion

The game just keeps on looking better and better!

12. LossAversion

LossAversion

There's no way in hell that I'm not getting Spider-Man because of a few visual downgrades... but this doesn't seem to be true.

You can definitely see more detail on the wall to the left of Spider-Man in the 2017 version. There even seems to be some parallax occlusion at work on the bullet holes (?) in the wall near Spidey's head in the older build that is now either missing or severely reduced.

13. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

[​IMG]

14. Marble

Marble

Yep. Spidey also looks very different. But I'm not complaining. All the footage looks amazing.

15. Xarius

Xarius

How spoilery have these videos been? Anything significant we haven't seen before?

16. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

Besides suits....not really.

17. Marble

Marble

Some new suit powers, so yeah.

18. Fewer puddles and what looks like a different time of day(?) in that comparison, but they've also added more objects in the environment. Not seeing a downgrade.

19. It's for when the trailer is played as an ad before other youtube videos. Users have to watch for five seconds before skipping.

20. ckareset

ckareset

I'd say the water effects look worse and that's probably why they took them out the scene, but I'm not gonna look at details when we dont even have the official non ign compressed version.

21. Much118

Much118

22. Falconbox

Falconbox

Well, this too. Not sure what's up with the textures in this scene from the latest trailer. We've seen better in other post-E3 trailers this summer, so maybe it's just the lighting here?

(Left is 2016 reveal, right is 2018)

[​IMG]

23. vestan

vestan

It's a Sony thing. I see it done in most - if not all their movie trailers.

24. jstevenson

jstevenson
    Developer at Insomniac Games Verafied

there's no downgrade.

A downgrade implies we reduced the capabilities or qualities of the game, none of that is true.

The position of the sun has changed during development, which has changed the lighting in some scenes we showed previously.

The puddle was moved for #reasons.

Some people are trying to say his suit texture is gone too - but I've pulled it up and it's still there, it's just bad video compression combined with the motion blur at that moment (being compared to a slowdown moment in the original trailer).

We've shown what, an hour of footage in the last 2 months (maybe a bit less) and the game still looks as spectacular as it did when we showed it (it actually looks better, really) - so I don't get that downgrade talk.

25. Saitama

Saitama

Well I mean.... https://www.reddit.com/r/SpidermanPS4/comments/98uy44/2017_e3_video_vs_2018_new_ign_video_the_spidy/

Not a deal breaker but I laughed at the fact that the animations are still in place for puddle sliding.

26. B00T

B00T

Lookin' so gooooood

27. God I love pre release downgrade conversations. Is there anything better?

28. ArmGunar

ArmGunar

Responses from Insomniac for this :
    [​IMG]

29. AngelOFDeath

AngelOFDeath

There is no reason why there should be so much water at the construction site, its a damn hazard. Glad we got this cleaned up.

30. HStallion

HStallion

Is the 2018 picture straight from a YouTube video? That alone would account for most everything looking like it does .

31. NoMoreTrolls

NoMoreTrolls

Of course people will still say you're lying because #reasons

Don't believe his lies

32. Now there's some Ratchet and Clank tech within the different suit's powers. I approve!

33. GlamFM

GlamFM

Ace

34. Tyaren

Tyaren

That's called different lighting and severe video compression, especially to the right. ;)

35. JVIDICAN

JVIDICAN

Lol I don't envy your position a bit, jstevenson. Im sure its all just noise at this point but jeez.. Game looks great!

36. cb1115

cb1115

yes to the bolded. believe I noted this in the last trailer thread, but the game has definitely gotten more saturated since the initial reveal. looks more stylized to me.

37. This isn't evidence of anything, and anyone who's using it as such is wrong. Different TOD, the compression, and a slew of other factors come into play.

Gamer's seriously can't handle game optimization, I hope developers start showing less in progress stuff from now on.

And for those talking about light bounce, just look at the other scenes in the trailer when there are light sources around and not in a construction site with not many sources, it looks great. There are gifs literally on this page.

38. Bunta

Bunta

Yeah, you can even see the suit texture on this video in particular if you pause it in the right spots.

39. Eintopf

Eintopf

The game looks worse than a PS1 game in that image. I'm cancelling me pre-order of the PS4 pro.

Holy shit this game looks amazing. I need to play this as soon as possible!

40. Loudninja

Loudninja

Well you can tell the game is nearing release. It never fails.

41. Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

That screenshot really makes it look like a PS3 game.

42. I’ve been coming at rockstar for two years for not showing their game and you know what I fucking get it.....

43. LossAversion

LossAversion

That's certainly possible.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Especially for the detail in the red box. I definitely think some detail was removed in the red circle though. It's like... the smallest thing in the world though. No way you'd even notice it while playing. The lighting definitely looks more appealing to me in the 2017 demo and I liked the look of the bigger puddles but that's all subjective.

44. Much118

Much118

[​IMG]
    Playing around with time. Still trying to smooth animations and frames together.

45. Shark

Shark

It's just the best. Especially when the developer comes out and directly responded but people still continue to talk about the supposed downgrade.

46. icespide

icespide

and people wonder why CDPR showed Cyberpunk behind closed doors

47. Vicious17

Vicious17

Still no Bombastic Bagman suit, huh?

48. Plasma

Plasma

Lighting and the video compression I'd wager, last week when the other video went up the IGN it didn't look nearly as good as the 4K version that got uploaded to the Playstation channel.

Game looks fantastic, I should just stop watching these videos and wait for the game to come out but I just can't help myself.

49. Indominus

Indominus

TBF the same thing happened in God of War. The World Serpent was definitely downgraded and the developer denied. We need to wait and see.

50. Zedelima

Zedelima

Remember God Of War and the snake?

“Ohh isn’t even the same snake! Look at the teeth”