1. Lexxism

Lexxism

You are pretty naive if you think Scheer will help you regarding the healthcare.

2. Caz

Caz
    Community Resettler Member

And you think Scheer is going to fix that...how? His party is the one responsible for the vast majority of issues with Canada's healthcare system.

3. ContraWars

ContraWars

• User Warned: Antagonizing other users

Derailing this thread huh? A fucking thread about Mad Max leaving the Conservatives , and I'm saying I support Scheer's side.

OK. Fuck off.

4. Ether_Snake

Ether_Snake

The fact he’ll go Trumpian is good to draw votes away from the CPC, and if he is loud enough it will taint them too, to the point where they’ll have to chose between going further right (guaranteed defeat) or a bit left.

But his party will be poorly financed.

5. SixPointEight

SixPointEight

Overreacting much?

6. ContraWars

ContraWars

No. I get asked why?, I answer and get quoted by bullshitters showing I'm sobbing into cash like woody harrelson.

Trudeau literally cost me money. He won't get my support. Simple.

This forum is clearly biased to support the left, but I dont care about that. I am a Red Tory who votes NDP when they are the least batshit crazy politicians on hand.

7. Caz

Caz

So, currently, the least batshit politicians in your mind are the ones who align themselves with these people:

But please, complain more about Trudeau and tell me to fuck off, i'm sure you'll endear more people to your cause if you type loud enough:
    P.S. The fact that I even had to Google that antisemitic crap from Rebel to explain to you how full of shit your "least batshit" claim is makes me sick.

8. SixPointEight

SixPointEight

That sucks for you.

I hope there’s a party that will fix this for you. I doubt it will come from the one you will be voting for.

If it’s such a hot issue for you you should consider the party that will help you the most in that regard.

9. killerrin

killerrin

What I don't get is if your primary concern is not being able to afford your medication, or your medication being more expensive than it used to be... why are you not mad at the ideology that had been fighting for decades to stop any attempt at fixing that. I mean, you have the NDP and the Greens which have been fighting to have our social systems be fully featured, running on Pharmacare both federally and provincially. You also have the Liberals who sat down with the province and hammered out deals for slightly higher health transfers. Who when push comes to shove will steal NDP policies or be forced to adopt them come Minority Situations.

But the Conservatives who started this mess of underfunding healthcare by lowering Health Transfers to the Provinces, and who across the board haven't even paid lip service to the idea of more affordable drugs, are supposedly completely fine. It just makes zero financial, or logical sense.

10. Morrigan

Morrigan
    Armoring Moderator

"I am a red Tory who may also vote for the most leftist mainstream party available" may not really convince people that your world-view is coherent...

11. ContraWars

ContraWars

Fine. How about "I am a moderate, fiscally conservative centrist Canadian who refuses to vote Liberal, and has equally shitty or irrelevant choices on either side of them to choose from, but I'm probably picking Harper lite this time around"

Seriously. I don't care. If the NDP run a good person who isn't full of shit, I can switch.

Mad Max breaking off means Trudeau will get elected again anyway.

12. Pandaman

Pandaman

which extra federal carbon tax specifically?

13. djkimothy

djkimothy
    Member OP

I mean, healthcare is under provincial purvue. Ontario did cover prescription drugs. But we know how that ended.

14. UsoEwin

UsoEwin

The same people who groomed him his entire life. He is a dynasty face. You are naive if you don't think the Trudeaus have outside influences just like the Clintons.

But I mean, ok. Continue to parade around the status quo Liberals while feeling smug about yourself. All the while we have the NDP ready to show how they can actually make a change, especially now that Mulcaire isn't leading.

15. Pandaman

Pandaman

The NDP can act however they want because they can't win. So who gives a fuck.

16. CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

I'm on the other side of the river, so he's not my MP, but I hope he does and splits the vote enough to give us another NDP seat here in Saskatoon. Trost is an embarrassment.

17. Caz

Caz

So in other words, you have no evidence.

Also it's Mulcair. If you care so much about the NDP, at least have the decency to spell the name of their former leader right.

18. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike

19. killerrin

killerrin

To be honest. I'd be surprised if any of the members of cabinet didn't fall asleep during a meeting put on by Harper. I mean, the guy was basically like a robot... and was such a control freak that there would have been no point of anyone trying to voice their opinions.

20. Terrell

Terrell

Well... don't be so sure. The Conservatives like to put their most radical players on the back bench. For some of them, going from the back benches to the front row may be an opportunity they won't pass up. I can name more than 10 Tories throughout the past several years who would have gladly done that.

Not having party membership = basement-dweller? How very misguided of you.

Also, here's something you need to consider:

Scheer disavowing Bernier's commentary on national TV and the words he used can be used against him to make him look "soft" on the immigrant issue to a certain subset of conservative voters. So you have to consider whether or not the average rural citizen's support for the dairy farms outweighs their irrational distrust/hatred/misdirected ire of non-white people. And we can't exactly pretend that Quebec's rural regions aren't ripe with people who would fall hook, line and sinker for alt-right talking points and be easily made to think that Scheer only talks tough on the immigration file.

Your position would have to be that rural Quebec loves dairy farmers more than they hate immigrants. And I don't think that's a bet worth making.

A bit premature there. I'm sure some prairie riding or another would get on board. Hell, that's where the Reform party built its stronghold, so....

Yeah, better to put all those fringe elements into a big-tent party so it can have a party that ends up standing for nothing because it appeases too many people at once.

Also, I will need some statistics, because I've read research which shows that countries with proportional representation do not see a major influx of "fringe parties" and that it holds no bearing on the election of crazies. Look at the UK, FFS, UKIP emerged, thrived and destroyed the country via their Brexit wet-dream under the exact same electoral system we have, so let's stop pretending the Westminster system protects us from lunatics. To say NOTHING of what happened south of the border.

Get me some stats before you toss around blatant lies like that to fear-monger against electoral reform just like Trudeau did.

I just got the biggest chill down my spine. But I also want to see him do it, for some reason, if only to highlight just how far to the right he actually is versus how he perceives and advertises himself to be.

21. Ac30

Ac30

Yes, but our system generally stops one party from taking control, which is useful when fringe elements take over the entire party, like the Republicans.

Vlaams Belang are a bunch of loudmouthed racists but I’ll let them take 5% of the vote so their members aren’t inclined to infiltrate our centre-right party (which isn’t anywhere near perfect on that front).

22. lupinko

lupinko

This thread is great now that I’m logged in again, I know who is worth putting on ignore.