1. unrealist

unrealist

Prison Architect is real fun on the Switch (I own it on PC too). Makes me wish more "tycoon" style games like RCT or the recent Two Point Hospital will be on the Switch soon.

2. Epilexia

Epilexia

Damn, this tweet by David Laskey, a very talented developer which has ported a lot of games to Switch, has accelerated my heart.

Most of the games in this image have been ported to Switch, but 'Race the Sun' also appears in the image...

And because we live in an hype forum in which people change their avatars every time that Sony releases a multimillionaire heavily marketed production, I promise to change my avatar to one of 'Race the Sun' in the release week, if this is coming some day.

3. harz-marz

harz-marz

Wow thanks! Slowly getting better at this. Ashamed to say I dropped it to easy to get used to the mechanics of the game and glad I did as I am enjoying it a lot more.

I have only had a few runs so far and they have been with the same unit types.How do you unlock more?

4. Double

Double

You have to find new pilots while playing! They are often found in time pods or choseable as a reward for completing an island perfectly (failing no objective).
    You can then immediately use them in your running campaign and chose to start your game with them in future campaign runs!

Oh I just realised you meant Mech teams, not heroes. You unlock more by spending coins which you earn by completing achievements :) 1 coin per achievement.

5. tolkir

tolkir
    Member OP

Game of the Day

[​IMG]

A heartfelt game about life, loss and hope.

Old Man's Journey, a soul-searching puzzle adventure, tells a story of life, loss, reconciliation, and hope. Entrenched in a beautifully sunkissed and handcrafted world, embark on a heartfelt journey interwoven with lighthearted and pressure-free puzzle solving.

A visual narrative about life's precious moments, broken dreams, and changed plans, uncover stories of the old man's life told through beautiful vignettes of his memories. Interacting with the serene and whimsical environment, solve playful puzzles by shaping the landscape, growing the hills to create the old man's path forward.

During this compact gameplay experience, you'll be transported to a vibrant and wishful world, exploring life's complexities through the old man's eyes. Meditatively delightful and reflective, Old Man's Journey invites you to immerse yourself in quiet and inquisitive puzzles, and experience the old man's heartache, regret, and hope.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

$9.99/€9.99/£8.99 - NA web - EU web - Trailer

Last 6 GOTD
    09/03 - Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus
    09/02 - Puzzle Adventure Blockle(Recommended by Epilexia)
    09/01 - World to the West
    08/31 - Oxenfree
    08/30 - VVVVVV
    08/29 - Phantom Trigger

6. tolkir

tolkir
    Member OP

7. Epilexia

Epilexia

I bite the bullet with 'VSR: Void Space Racing'.

This is like 'Super Monkey Ball' meets 'Descent', while you're racing in space.

Basically, you are in a squared course full of obstacles.

And you are piloting a ship that can move with "six degrees of freedom", like in the 'Descent' games.

But in a fashion similar to the classic 'Asteroid', the movement of your ship is based in the momentum and acceleration.

So instead of being a classic racing experience, this is one of these games based in learning the physics of your ship, the momentum.

A game in which in the first hours, you will be fighting against the controls, learning how to make every turn without losing speed. It feels as "frustrating" as the starting hours of 'Snake Pass', not a casual game intended for a general audience.

Each one of the 8 tracks included in the game, consists in a series of circles or checkpoints, that you need to reach in a correct order.

So all the design is centered in creating these squared spaces in a way in which forces you to use the triggers to turn the scenario, avoiding the obstacles.

A very fascinating concept, if you are super into games based in mastering the physics.

Sadly, like in the old-times of 'Daytona USA' and many others early arcade racers, the game seriously lacks juicy single player modes. You can race in each individual track, trying to reach the first position. And like in classic 'Daytona USA', you need to feel compelling the idea of repeating the same track for hours, until you have completely mastered the layout, achieving a first position.

Plus a time attack mode, with online leaderboards, trying to obtain the best time.

I miss a more juicy single player cup mode with a real sense of progression.

And there is also a multiplayer split-screen mode, but honestly, this is not the type of easy-to-pick game that you want to play with friends. Because it requires hours of practice to learn how to play well. Better stay with 'Mario Kart 8 Deluxe' for these sessions.

Graphically, playing in portable mode, the game is a tech marble and one of the most impressive 3D games, it looks crisp in the handheld screen.

It's currently on sale at €4.99, and I think that if you are into the very reduced public for these physical based games, and in the mood for fighting for hours against tricky controls until you have mastered them, the game very well deserves the asking price.

At its full price of €9.99, giving the lack of a single player mode with a real sense of progression, maybe not so recommended.

8. tolkir

tolkir
    Member OP

Best-selling titles of August in Europe.

01 (02) - Hollow Knight
    02 (11) - Dead Cells
    03 (NE) - Overcooked! 2
    04 (NE) - Okami HD

05 (10) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    06 (07) - Minecraft
    07 (09) - Stardew Valley
    08 (01) - Octopath Traveller
    09 (NE) - Salt and Sanctuary
    10 (NE) - Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

11 (13) - Rocket League
    12 (NE) - Into the Breach
    13 (12) - VS. Super Mario Bros.
    14 (RE) - Owlboy
    15 (RE) - Enter the Gungeon

9. Double

Double

Into the Breach's position shouldn't be too bad considering the late drop <:)

10. pswii60

pswii60

Freedom Planet is great on the Switch, a really nice port from the PC version. Highly recommended.

11. EricOfSeattle

EricOfSeattle

It has some framerate issues on Switch.

12. BourbonJungle

BourbonJungle

Looks like it's about time to buy more pinball, Zen Studios just announced the Williams Collection for Pinball FX3

13. EricOfSeattle

EricOfSeattle

14. AceyPrime

AceyPrime

YES YES YES - so excited for this! I was crushed not being able to play some of the greatest tables ever on my Switch but now Pinball FX3 is bringing them after all! I love their engine on Switch with great HD rumble and the compelling ways they encourage you to challenge your way up the leaderboards. Medieval Madness and High Speed II are incredible and I'll be counting the days until I can play TOTAN on my Switch!

15. Snkfanatic

Snkfanatic

Welp...sticking with the PC version then. Shame...

16. Yeah its a sweet port! Lilac's divekicks are so much easier to use with joycons than they are on a keyboard. Also Carol's bike da best!

You know what else is an amazing port from PC to Switch but the complete opposite of Freedom Planet? Into the Breach! That is such an amazing turn based strategy game and I'm glad to have waited on that to finally make onto the Switch. Saved the Earth in one timeline but little did I know that the real loop of playing it is to keep playing and unlock more mech classes and experiment with them and see how they do. Plus being able to choose which island to go to first after clearing one is really cool too. Even though I'm almost done with one team that's down to 2 mechs and 2 power grids, I love it. I have a lot of great indies to play on the Switch.

17. Popetita

Popetita

It says it is an early copy he gor last week and it performs like Desd Cells.

I am not worried. I'll also wait for the actual release in case they've patched something in.

That post is very vague with no proof or the drops.

18. kami_sama

kami_sama

Bought The Messenger, while the 15% is small but pushed me over the edge.

19. Epilexia

Epilexia

I don't want to doubt about some random guy in Reddit writing anonymously, but count me surprised if 'Hyper Light Drifter' in Switch don't perform well, coming from Abylight Studios.

To put a bit of context, Abylight are regarded as the greatest experts in the world working with Gamemaker Studio. They ported 'Maldita Castilla EX' to 3DS by creating his own wrapper, something that none other group in the world was able to achieve, to recreate the complete engine in a sub-par hardware like 3DS. And they were involved in porting the complete engine to Xbox One. Not to talk that they were the same team known as Bit Managers, regarded as some of the most skillful teams working with the Game Boy hardware.

So seeing the involvement of Abylight in this port, and seeing how every preview of the game is talking about 60 FPS, can we wait to see the final release of the game, before creating the message of the game performing bad, based in the single opinion of a random guy in Reddit?

20. EricOfSeattle

EricOfSeattle

That thread also mentions a Gamexplain video that says the game has drops...I haven't checked it out though. Whether there's proof or not it's not like it's highly unbelievable that another switch port has performance issues. Also Dead Cells runs terribly at time.

21. Intel_89

Intel_89

Jonneh reviewed the game for GX and as he stated those framerate drops aren't really that big of a deal. I'm all for 60FPS in games but when it's something minor I don't really care.

22. pswii60

pswii60

You won't regret it.

23. TheIdiot

TheIdiot

Hey guys I switched routers, and now I can't play some Nintendo games online, including Mario Tennis and Mario Kart. Rocket League works fine, as does internet on all my other devices including my PS4.

Anyone know what this could be? Whenever I try to join a match it throws a timeout error but after like 3 seconds.

24. Epilexia

Epilexia

Regarding 'Into the Breach', while the game is amazing, what a surprise coming from the creators of 'FTL', I'm really missing in this Switch port a touch screen based interface.

25. Popetita

Popetita

I haven't had any slowdown on Dead Cells which I have thought is terrible so if it is in line with that I won't mind.

26. Bananastand

Bananastand

Didn't Battle Chef Brigade get a multiplayer mode in a patch? Is it any good?

27. makonero

makonero

I’m interested in Element, the RTS. Has anyone played it?

28. Intel_89

Intel_89

Sooo what are some lesser known Neo Geo hidden gems available on Switch right now?

29. OrakioRob

OrakioRob

While I usually don't care about frame drops unless they're awful, Hyper Light Drifter is a game where you have to be very precise. Frame drops might be very annoying.

That said, the game is absolutely amazing, and if you don't have another console/PC to play it, it will probably still be worth it even with some minor frame drops.

30. XandBosch

XandBosch

Top comment on that page tho:

I downloaded Hyper Light Drifter yesterday for our review and haven't experienced any issues like OP is stating. So far everything has been silky smooth. Now I am only about two hours in right now but have been through a couple of areas that have large numbers of enemies already.

Not saying OP is wrong, just haven't had the same experience. I'll stay on the lookout though and report back what I find.

31. Kaitos

Kaitos

I truly forgot how much talking there is in Okami. The game definitely shows its age, but you can see how you could make a few tweaks for an incredible sequel.

Ugh, the dream.

32. NateDrake

NateDrake

This is undocked gameplay of Hyper Light Drifter:

33. EricOfSeattle

EricOfSeattle

The fact that they used the term “silky smooth” to describe the framerate means that it’s not a solid 60. I wish that people would say it’s a constant 60 or not.

Anyways, guess we’ll know in two days.

34. jariw

jariw

Why not just look at the captured video that NateDrake posted?

35. OrakioRob

OrakioRob

The video only shows early game. Things get a lot crazier later.

36. Natalie M.

Natalie M.

Decided to take a chance on Korg Gadget, despite the puzzling omission of an export feature.

Glad I did! Having tons of fun with it. Could be priced $18 lower, but for what it includes - I think there's plenty of value here for me. It's really not a dealbreaker to record my tracks to the computer via HDMI or headphone jack. Just figured I'd mention it in case anyone else is on the fence. Hopefully they'll add some kind of solution for exporting eventually, but not really holding my breath.

37. Aostia82

Aostia82

Do we know when the elder scroll legends is supposed to be released?

38. DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Anyone have impressions on NINJIN : Clash of Carrots? Looks like fun

39. Arturo

Arturo

Just found out that a game called The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is releasing next week.

I did a quick search and it seems the reviews have been very positive in other platforms, and it looks right up my alley.

Has someone played it? HotHamBoy I’m looking at you ;)

40. Coffey

Coffey

I’ve played it on iOS - it’s a very interesting take on the Fighting Fantasy books and due to the different paths you can take, feel there’s a lot of replayability. Would say the game is like a solo RPG board game and the combat element is turn-based (where you and the enemies manoeuvre on a grid).

41. ModernMan

ModernMan

What a beautiful game! Can't wait to play it!

42. ryushe

ryushe

Trying to wrap up my OCTO playthrough in Octopath before I begin Dragon Quest XI, but I keep pulled away by Into the Breach.

Damn Into the Breach for being so damn good.

43. 1upsuper

1upsuper

I'm curious as well. It looks like a good time.
    We weren't kidding about it being amazing. Glad more people are enjoying it.

44. tolkir

tolkir
    Member OP

What happened with the Indie channel that Nintendo announced last week? Only it has a sad presentation and nothing more. I was expecting news, interviews, announcements, trailers, etc.

45. Epilexia

Epilexia

'Into the Breach' is currently sitting in 7th place in the best sellers in Spain, in the only digital category. Indeed, excepting the fire sales of games priced at one dollar, it's the third best seller just after 'Stardew Valley' and 'Hollow Knight'.

I hope that this shows to Subset Games that the current Switch audience is not your normal console audience, and his tastes are very close to your normal indie audience in Steam.

So they also decide to port 'Faster than Light'. It's criminal that a game as influential as 'FTL' hasn't seen a console release. I think that from all the early indie classics, only 'FTL', 'Super Hexagon' and 'The Stanley Parable' are missing consoles.

46. NateDrake

NateDrake

It isn't a locked 60 fps. It does have moments of stutter when things get chaotic but they aren't all that frequent.

47. Arturo

Arturo

Don’t hold your hopes high. I hope I’m wrong and the sales of Into the breach change their opinion but…

Source

48. Arturo

Arturo

Thanks, sounds nice. I’ll read a few more reviews.

49. Epilexia

Epilexia

In its current form, it's not possible, they will need to redone a lot of things in the UI. But they adapted the UI to a touchscreen in the past, because of the healthy iOS market.

With a redone UI once again, 'FTL' can fit as an only touch screen game.

But to redone a UI is a lot of work. Because of this, these high sales are very important. Let's see if the game can sell in a long term scenario, but continuing at this pace, it can become close to a million seller after a couple of years. Because it seems to be selling at the same pace as the two greatest indie hits in Switch.

And I'm sure that they weren't expecting these high sales.

Switch is not a magic formula anymore, with the flood of games in the eShop, a niche game will still remain as a niche game, with numbers close to Steam. But it's also truth that Switch is showing that a lot of indie enthusiasts have migrated from Steam to Switch, or adopted Switch as a secondary ecosystem, with people showing a very similar taste. So great hits in Steam, will also become greats hits in Switch. Even in genres that have been traditionally associated as PC focused games, in the case of turn-based strategy games played with a mouse.

50. AkimbOb-omb

AkimbOb-omb

Oh my, August was insane... I really need to stop being hooked on Fortnite again and play same of those games.