1. Crayon

Crayon

Dissapointing.

2. SilverX

SilverX

Nope, I apologize to you guys if you thought I meant that. It was just my personal experience following the FGC and I dont really follow other gaming communities.

3. Verelios

Verelios

You have no idea what people are capable of behind closed doors, especially abusers.

4. 真棒!

真棒!
    Member OP

So reading more on this, apparently why it's taken so long for this to gain traction:

Might explain why the transcripts have been around for some time but nobody cared/could read it because it was in Korean.

5. FluxWaveZ

FluxWaveZ

I buy this story. We'll see what comes of it.

6. Katsubento

Katsubento

Well now, this is some news. Not good man.

7. Scraftyko

Scraftyko

I think the evidence is solid enough to believe the allegations already, but if this is 100% confirmed and the FGC still lets him come within 10 miles of any event then I'm boycotting whatever organizations are okay with enabling his abuse.

Time and time again, the community keeps giving people like ChrisG, Hyuga, and Noel Brown passes for abhorrent behaviour, bigotry, and outright violence (both sexual and physical) and yet they're still allowed to compete, get sponsorships, and be praised for their achievements. I don't care how good they are; putting technical skill/showmanship above the safety and comfort of the community's most vulnerable and victimized participants makes me wanna retch. In a just world, they'd face serious repercussions rather than getting a free pass just because they can play a video game well.

8. potatohead

potatohead

Korea women's rights and freedom is so poor relatively

Fuck that is a horrible situation

9. XSX

XSX

Don't worry, one of the posters giving you shit for this has generalized other gaming communities in the past, it happens.

edit:
    To clarify, I counted more then 2 people responding to him. Not singling anyone out here, just commenting that maybe we all need to step back and stop generalizing communities, FGC or otherwise.

10. Shadoken

Shadoken

I don't know what ChrisG did and who Hyuga is but didn't Noel Brown get banned from all tourneys ?

its not me , and theres only one other person he quoted. Hmmmmm.

11. I won't believe this is true until we see more then just a reddit threat.....

if it is true, very unfortunate but aren't people kind of jumping the gun? He said she won a case and that she recorded things, we have not heard the recording or seen the case file though.

Domestic situations can play out differently so not saying it didn't happen but almost chocked to death? There hasn't been a real bad word said about the guy from anyone in the community, not even Laugh. It'd just be pretty shocking

12. Scraftyko

Scraftyko

Brown only got banned for a year and he's already back to competing in majors.

ChrisG is a HUGE racist and misogynist but still gets to keep his sponsors and receives praise from community figureheads.

Hyuga is a pro Smash player who sexually assaulted an unconscious woman and is also already back to competing in majors, thanks in part to an online support campaign which basically said that he should face no repercussions for what he did.

13. MegaMix

MegaMix
    Banned Member

Very disappointing if true. It's insane. You really don't know people until you know people.

14. Wallach

Wallach

I mean, both the case numbers are listed and the site they can be pulled up on. I don't speak or read Korean but I feel like we're well past the point of "rumor" here. From the information posted so far she's already won the case regarding domestic violence and the second one is regarding settlements, which he isn't even attending and just sending his lawyer.

15. Shadoken

Shadoken

Wow that is pretty shit. I thought Noel was banned for good from CPT. I don't think much would happen for Hyuga unless a big company like Nintendo steps in and takes over. Celebrity worship mentality is stupid.

16. 真棒!

真棒!
    Member OP

I think the only thing Chris G is guilty of is saying incredibility dumb shit. I think around the time a celebrity community suicide he was talking about how selfish they were and how they didn't respect them or something for it. he's just really bad at getting his points across and ends up looking like an idiot.

I don't think he's abused anyone or anything. he did collude in the past with Justin wong and that was painful to watch..

17. nanskee

nanskee

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

The fact that they got married and divorced in a matter of a few months, makes me weary. Does Infil have high standing in the korean fgc?

18. Scraftyko

Scraftyko

He made some extremely racist/sexist comments a mere year ago and never apologized for them (in fact, he fully stands by them according to some people).

He's kinda beyond just looking like an idiot.

19. jett

jett
    Community Resettler Member

Those transcripts were absolutely awful. Only a sociopath acts this way.

20. K.Jack

K.Jack

Damn if those are verified as authentic audio transcripts, Infiltration is absolute toast.

Yuck.

He should be behind bars.

21. fertygo

fertygo

Well the script is pretty damning evidence.. I watch his stream few times despite didnt understand korean and he seems like a nice guy.. but one of reddit comment talk even in his stream theres sign he might ve a big douchebag with some of his vulgar word selection like "eat ass"

Thats really bum me out.

22. SinkFla

SinkFla

Well fuck. :|

To the above: just because someone makes jokes about eating ass it doesn't mean they beat women. Come on now lol.

23. Kaako

Kaako

Extremely fucked up and disappointing if true. Just WTF.

24. Ingueferroque

Ingueferroque

So Markman claimed this wasn’t true? Seems like there is enough evidence out there.

25. AAK

AAK

That evidence is pretty clear cut.

How is he not in jail?

26. 真棒!

真棒!
    Member OP

Oh shit yeah my bad I remember now.

27. 真棒!

真棒!
    Member OP

Markman only touched on the claims that infiltration was involved in fraud with razer since markman worked there or something. I doubt he can touch on the other stuff.

But the person posting all of this said he didn't have proof of that specific part yet.

28. MegaMix

MegaMix
    Banned Member

• User Banned (Duration Pending): Downplaying sexism and racism. User in junior phase.
    I mean it makes him look dumb, but banning him for that is stupid.

29. Ingueferroque

Ingueferroque

Thanks for clarifying!

30. SilverX

SilverX

Thanks lol, but when I got no response to my apology that said it all before I saw your post

31. Scraftyko

Scraftyko

You don't see a problem with continuing to glorify and support someone who holds such vile and ignorant views? At absolute MINIMUM he should've lost his sponsorship over that, but I guess EG is cool with having people with such little regard for black women on their payroll.

32. Escaflow

Escaflow

Hopes it's not true but if it is, I know who has my most respect right now. It's Sako

33. Nimby

Nimby

That was extremely horrifying to read, sickening if true and hopefully jail time come of it.

34. Valkerion

Valkerion

Sucks if this ends up true, but the evidence is spotty at best. A random reddit post with "evidence" links that can't be confirmed and the poster them self does not even know whats written/being said in the recording is a red flag.

That said, all communities got their problems, even private ones like this, not just the FGC. It definitely can feel like the FGC is isolated in having many incidents but if you follow many communities you get many more personal dramas and horror stories for sure.

35. Shadoken

Shadoken

I dont get what you mean now. Said it all ?

Edit : I hope you aren't implying that I am actually defending that stuff.

36. Jom

Jom

Can we stop please with the "he was so nice on stream though!" as if that means anything?

He's streaming to get viewers, subs, and donations of course he's going to be nice to you! Wtf!

37. Nimby

Nimby

r/kappa as you can expect is showing support for his ex and being very respectful about the issue.

They're not

38. 真棒!

真棒!
    Member OP

Well it's the same place where a mod was defending Kuroda so yeah.

39. Shadoken

Shadoken

Not surprising. That place is toxic as hell.

40. come on, is this comment really necessary? the WHOLE FGC, huh? for what it's worth, I was a *big* Infiltration fan, but this is pretty despicable. Even disregarding cultural differences, this shit is deplorable. Very disappointed. IRL he legit seems like a great guy. These public figures...man....

41. saenima

saenima

Are people really this naive?

42. MegaMix

MegaMix
    Banned Member

That's up to EG. I would agree that he should have lost his sponsorship, but again that's up to EG. Banning him from tourney play wouldn't make sense though.

43. SilverX

SilverX

Yeah it is pretty shocking, but when high profile players like him are accused of things like this it makes the entire community look bad

44. GeoNeo

GeoNeo

Bald low life cunt beating on his wife hope he gets locked up.

LOCK HIM UP

45. 真棒!

真棒!
    Member OP

He actually got hair surgery and kept his head hidden for almost a year because of it.

46. GeoNeo

GeoNeo

Any chance he’ll get locked up or Korea too soft on domestic violence ?

47. Scraftyko

Scraftyko

My opinion is that you want to have your best players be representative of the best of the community from both a moral and technical standpoint. Dudes like SonicFox are amazing because he’s a great player in addition to being a genuinely awesome person who stands up to bigotry and injustice.

Giving exposure and acclaim to awful people like ChrisG only fosters a hostile and unwelcome environment to so many people. This is entirely anecdotal, but I personally know of multiple people who don’t want to get involved with the FGC because of the harassment and bigotry they’ve had to face, and when you have players like Chris being promoted it kind of validates that kind of behaviour. It’s like saying “see, you can be as racist/sexist as you want and we don’t care so long as you can play the game well!”

It’s just a really bad look for the community as a whole.

48. 真棒!

真棒!
    Member OP

Like some others said, the fact his ex wife even won the first case is pretty goddamn amazing so he fucked up big time.

No idea if he'll face jail time but I wouldn't hold my breath.

49. Alfredo

Alfredo

Is Infiltration sponsored? I can't imagine them keeping him or anyone else picking him up if it turns out all of this is true. So even if the events somehow don't ban him, I assume he'd still have issues traveling to tournaments without a sponsor.

50. JusDoIt

JusDoIt

Why is it stupid to ban somebody who says racist and sexist things?