Not open for further replies.
  1. It was...worth it.

2. Tizoc

Tizoc

Dude was anime as all get out
    [​IMG]

3. Renfran

Renfran

Nah both are based on the original releases according to PSblog. Not the awful PSP versions thankfully.

4. Dreamboum

Dreamboum

It would definitely work in true widescreen, you would just need to tweak camera travel when hitting edges.

You can’t say it wouldn’t work, Harmony of Despair mostly copy pasted a SOTN map in one of its chapters

5. c0de

c0de

Ah, ok :( But can't the PSP emulate PS1? ;)

6. Drayco21

Drayco21

Fuck yeah, Rondo of Blood. For $20, Symphony is a nice enough bonus too, I guess. Hopefully we get a physical release.

7. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Yeah, but they opted for releases that incorporate trophies, so we get these games piecemeal. -shrugs-

8. sir_crocodile

sir_crocodile

I doubt it, would be a ton of work. Moveset is very different:

9. SG-17

SG-17
    Community Resettler Member

The first thing that came to my mind when I read the news was "awesome!".

10. Laxoon

Laxoon

I caught that but would they really make the same small changes like the portrait flip and the formatting of that particular sentence if they were using the original?
    Format matches the psp version too.

11. GhostTrick

GhostTrick

So, PSP version confirmed.

12. harbl-kun

harbl-kun

I hope we can zoom to have less borders top and bottom of the screen tho.

13. Crazy Izanagi

Crazy Izanagi

I’ve played both and there nothing wrong with the PSP version. Especially since it’s have more content the the PS1 release but we can’t have that now can we. Frankly I’m amazed there even bothering to include Rondo.

14. mazi

mazi

super dumb platform choice, i guess i'll ask my brother to get this so i can replay these games. it's been a while since i played them on psp.

15. LordKano

LordKano

This is getting worse and worse

16. Nzyme32

Nzyme32

Love SotN. Not played it since the old 360 XBLA version came out.
    Not really sure about previous ports and if emulation was a part of it then, but it's an interesting choice.

Looks like a lot of people are worried about exclusivity. Although Konami is more of an enigma now in how they behave, I'm fairly sure they are still all about money. As usual I would expect this is the same old exclusivity with several asterisks. The word has no meaning anymore in marketing material

Regardless after ZoE getting released, it's nice to see Konami try thing I might actually want to check out

17. ULTROS!

ULTROS!

How is it super dumb if it’s on the best selling console.

18. Kouriozan

Kouriozan

I wanted a collection and not just 2 games, but I’ll take it.

19. Kazer

Kazer

IN. Never did play Rondo.

20. Shane M

Shane M

Mega Man X Legacy Collection seems to have a SNES emulator, I haven't tried it myself but I've read on here that other SNES games can be injected.

21. Renfran

Renfran

Oh you’re in for a treat

22. L.O.R.D

L.O.R.D

theoretical it can, but technically it may won't.
    the PSP and Vita has built in 3D rendering chip for PS1 games, the PS4 doesn't have that i think, but i think they can make emulator to pay PS1 games and include it in an update.

23. Jump_Button

Jump_Button

A little odd given Smash Bros but ok? :/

24. AztecComplex

AztecComplex

Here on Era I've been predicting a day and date CV Collection was going to be released with Season 2 of the CV Netflix series for almost a year now. Except my hypothetical Collection included CV1, 2, 3, 4, Bloodlines and Rondo.

I guess I was expecting too much from Konami.

25. Dust

Dust

Kinda want Rondo, I can run SoTN in memory.

26. Easy_D

Easy_D

Oh so it really is the PSP collection just with the 3D remake of Rondo removed. Very Konami thing to do lol

27. Get_crazy

Get_crazy

Btw on the official Konami website, there's no mention of exclusivity whatsoever. So, like it has been said previously, it's coming exclusively on PS4 ON OCTOBER 26th, it'll come later to other platforms.

28. Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker
    Love each other or die trying. Moderator

The system warring in this thread is completely unacceptable and it is closed to further replies as we reboot the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.