1. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM
    Member OP

EDIT: This thread is not to call Kellyanne's claim that she was assaulted a lie. Victims very often blame themselves, as she is here. The problem is that she is blaming others for when they are assaulted.

I understand she is a bad person who does bad things. But please stop calling her a liar for saying she was assaulted. "Believe women" doesn't mean "believe women except for those who are bad people."

--------------------------------------

I have no words.

Video above. Text taken from Politico article below.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/30/kellyanne-conway-sexual-assault-kavanaugh-853890

2. republicans stay garbage

3. darkwing

darkwing

my brains hurt

4. HStallion

HStallion

Some people are just too far gone. Kellyanne Conway makes those people seem like they're perfectly well adjusted and fucntioning members of society.

5. Armaros

Armaros

she wants the attention shifted to her, and want the media to ‘question’ if it’s true so she can apply the same thing to the Kavanaugh accusers.

I hope no one falls for it.

6. It sucks that women all over go through this shit. But, her being dismissive to others about their pain is gross.

7. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

There really is nothing she won't sacrifice for her job

8. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

it's like the bread crumbs are there and she almost gets it, and then falls into the rabbit hole of craziness. I've had a couple friends of mine come forward with their stories during that last week or two and seeing stuff like this really bothers me. They have it hard as it is and don't need other women pulling this crap. I mean it is her... But still

9. Jinaar

Jinaar

She is in the White House. I cannot imagine how many people Trump assaults on a daily basis in those rooms.

10. Vic_Viper

Vic_Viper

Is she seriously saying it’s her fault she was assaulted?

11. Jedi2016

Jedi2016
    Banned Member

• User Banned (24 hours): dismissing allegations of sexual assault
    That she's dismissing it so easily tells me she's lying.

12. Raein

Raein

Did a lich try to re-animate her a party or something?

13. Merv

Merv

Twat did she say?

14. Shugga

Shugga

Just spellin it out huh

15. Borgnine

Borgnine

Some of my best friends are sexual assaults.

16. Sankt Ra

Sankt Ra

I don’t understand any of this.

17. Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

This.

18. Lord Fagan

Lord Fagan

Her game is fucking tired. Networks should know better than to give her oxygen.

19. rsfour

rsfour

She isn't responsible for what happened to her, but she is responsible for being a complete fucking cunt of a person.

20. Durden

Durden

Man. She’s horrible, but You can tell her saying that was hard for her because of 1 of 2 reasons

1. She actually is a victim of sexual assault, which I wouldn’t doubt, and she’s realizing in this moment she’s actually stooped to the point of using that against herself purely to help push this agenda.

Or

2. She’s not a victim of sexual assault, and she’s realizing she’s stooping so low to trivialize fellow women and also some men’s sexual assaults for an agenda talking point is a new fresh low.

Either way, how sad.

21. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

I don't know dude. She got her job by saying "I will never presume to call you by your first name" when first meeting Trump.

22. Username1198

Username1198

Stop booking her Jake, your better than that. She’s a well known well documented liar.

23. Nah, self hatred is a thing.

24. Bedlam

Bedlam

Is she really saying what I think she is saying? "It's my fault I was sexually assaulted? Don't blame the perpetrators?"

Wtf? How mentally deranged can you be, Kellyanne? Truly, everything for the cause... fuck morals! Right?

25. Jaq'or

Jaq'or

The fact that she dismisses the concerns so lightly suggests she's either lying or truly just an unsympathetic piece of garbage--or both, even.

26. Whether or not Ms Conway was or wasn’t assaulted is not a question the media should largely concern themselves with. Take her at her word but don’t let her run with the victim blaming nonsense. She will obviously either lie or ignore any past traumas to further the conservative cause. Figuring out which one is true isn’t all that important.

27. Kernel

Kernel

Surely no one expects truth from her by now.

I wonder what her husband thinks of all this.

28. hEist

hEist

I don't know what to say. honestly.
    I don't want to talk about her.

29. Armaros

Armaros

And the GOP would love the media focusing if it’s true so they can apply the same thing to Ford and the others.
    ‘You liberals don’t believe Kellyanne, why should we believe Ford’

30. Mortemis

Mortemis

You know the media is gonna lap it up.

31. If that did happen to her, I find it hard to believe she would think that. It's makes no sense.

32. Rover

Rover

There are probably a significant number of women who have been sexually assaulted and wrongly blame themselves or wrongly blame no one. Some of them have probably even wrongly blamed other victims for their own sexual assaults, completely aware about how it relates to them.

33. RedMercury

RedMercury

People gotta stop giving her a platform.

34. TheOMan

TheOMan

Hahaha, didn't hear about this, did she say this?

35. Statistics tell me that it's highly probable that she was, so I'm not going to say that she’s outright lying. That said, it's literally her job to lie and do misdirection for Trump and the administration. Saying that Ford is credible is also a rhetorical trick because that's different from saying that she believes that what Ford is saying is the truth. Sure, it's a pedantic argument, but that's straight out if their playbook.

36. entremet

entremet

I wouldn't be surprised. In her generation, sexual assault was rather normalized. I'm taking about stuff like pats in the butts in office settings. But she's completely on team GOP that it doesn't matter. Similar to the how the Harley Davidson workers reacted to the tariffs.

37. SillyEskimo

SillyEskimo

So why didn't *she* come forward and name her assailant after the assault took place? That question could have given Republicans some perspective.

38. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

It's in the first chapter of Fear I believe. I did a double take.

39. Mortemis

Mortemis

Women have been shamed into thinking assault is their fault for a long time. Seeing the people she hangs out with, I'm not surprised that she thinks like this.

40. starpower

starpower

The crypt keeper is so full of shit

41. The Namekian

The Namekian

I feel like this is a misdirection and if it is she is pure fucking evil, if is not she is still evil but I also pity her that this is how she is dealing with the trauma.

42. .Detective.

.Detective.

... I don't know how to feel after reading the contents of the OP.

Is this real life?

43. ShortNasty

ShortNasty

I’ll watch the video. But I think she is saying that the only person responsible for her assault is the one that assaulted her. That it isnt some part of a larger societal issue (ie: rape culture, male privilage, etc.) Maybe wanna take a few steps back with that title.

44. lmcfigs

lmcfigs

I pity her as much as I pity the victims of the Bowling Green Massacre

45. Easy_D

Easy_D

Blaming yourself is also very common

46. legacyzero

legacyzero

Look at her the moment she has Jake tripping to convey empathy for what she just said. Just WAITING for him to say something out-of-tune or relating it to Trump, so she can go on the defense.

47. Mechanized

Mechanized

She will do anything to further her evil cause. Lying about this certainly isn't beneath her. It's like someone said, this is surely bait to get people questioning her so she can have that gotcha moment and turn it around on Kavanaugh's victims. That said, I will believe her and if she is courageous enough to open up about the incident she should share her story. But, she is throwing every other victim under the bus regardless of the truth of it. Either way she's still a deranged psychopath for what she has done and continues to do.

48. ISOM

ISOM

Not necessarily. Self-blame is a thing with some rape victims. That she takes it to an extreme is not crazy with her politics.

49. Arctic_Fever

Arctic_Fever

I believe her. It's easy to believe her, as statistics overwhelmingly support. But she is using her experience to downplay the severity of what other women have experienced, and to force Tapper into becoming a sympathetic ear instead of a journalist. Still, from the short clip, he handled it about as well as could be expected.

She's so all over the place with her word salad, as usual. She doesn't have a single logically consistent position, except the obvious partisan shit. Don't yell at Jeff Flake, even though his assent would have put an alleged assaulter on the Supreme Court. Go blame the perpetrators! But don't blame Kavanaugh. And don't blame my boss, not everything is related to him, even though he has more than a dozen credible accusations against him. But definitely blame Bill Clinton and the Democrats who refused to vote to remove him from office. He got a beejer once and lied about it!

She's right about the Bill Clinton stuff, though.

50. Yes. And people who do that, also usually react negatively to others who blame the perpetrator instead of themselves.